Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Updated photo showing the repaired body damange. Pic taken on our expedition to the Rockies Sept 2023:
IMG_20230910_194204.jpg

Far from body shop perfect, but it's way less noticeable and won't rust away now.

My text task is going to be to disassemble the bed rack and swap the uprights from side to side, so that the bins are on the driver's side and the tools and recovery gear on the passenger side. This will allow the spare wheel to be centered in the bracket once again and further to the passenger side of the vehicle.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Got the uprights swapped over today with the help of a neighbor and a couple of very tall homemade sawhorses I had around. Just put the saw horses in the bed to support the tent and the top of the bed rack, then unbolted the uprights and swapped sides, then bolted it all back together.

Took a bit of fussing around with stuff, but we got it all done in just under an hour. Now I can see a bit better out the back, my spare tire is centered on its mount again, and when I eventually get an awning, the bins will be under the awning :)
media.jpg

Last edited:

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I made a minor improvement to one of my side bins today, adding a shelf in the middle. It's about half the depth of the bin. I may try using this bin to hold my camp kitchen stuff, but even if I don't end up going with that setup, the shelf is really nice to have.media.jpg

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Big day for Rumble today. I installed the Evergear 270 degree batwing awning from Princess Auto today. Cost me $233 Canuck bucks, shipped to my door, taxes in. I've been considering this since the expedition in September of last year, and at that price with free shipping, I couldn't say no. As I type this, I'm out bush camping with my 5 year old son and making great use of it :)

Attachments