West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Finally mounted the CVT RTT. Took a bit of figuring. It is a little over twice the weight of my tepui ayer so not able to just muscle it up. I don't have a garage, carport, or even a handy tree so had to get inventive.

View attachment 281461
I built a lift system a year ago so I can just lift off the tent. It is a must have. I was working on backup lights last night but you can see the lift system in the foreground. oh that is also what we did last night.

1720015622550.png

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

This very small upgrade has been in progress for months.

I put in an Auxbeam in May of '23, but never had a good way to mount it. I wanted it secure to my built right dash mount, and I needed to be able to reach it. About 3 months ago the idea of 3d printing it hit me. Well I didn't have a 3d printer and I know very little about 3d modeling but I know drafting so how hard could it be?

I found a few models for a backing plate for the 8 gang auxbeam and I found some models for the ram mount ball mounts. I was able to marry the 2 in the modeling software and come up with a 3d model of a backing plate for the 8-gang auxbeam with a ram mount ball on the back. Step 1 done. Step 2 was to get it printed. I didn't have a 3d printer but between my birthday and some sales I decided to get one for myself. After a week of familiarization with the printer, I finally felt comfortable printing my mount. And here it is!! It's printed in PLA which I'm worried the heat here in Texas will cause to warp a little bit. If I does I'll print it again in something like ABS or another higher heat plastic. But for now, I have my Auxbeam switches mounted on my Built Right dash panel right where I want them.

Attachments

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I built a lift system a year ago so I can just lift off the tent. It is a must have. I was working on backup lights last night but you can see the lift system in the foreground. oh that is also what we did last night.
I like that setup. What are those brackets holding the 4x4? This would allow me to setup on the lawn with some flatter ground.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Two years ago I had a LRA 25 gallon auxiliary tank installed in my 80. I usually do most of my own work, but at the time I needed it done last month. That, and the fact that a specialty shop would get it right, as in no drips, no runs, no errors. So, I bit the proverbial bullet, and paid 150 an hour shop time to have a pro do it. Fast forward to present. I just spent two mornings chasing down a dead short in the running, tail and trailer light harnesses. Took me a little over 5 hours to find it. When the tank was installed, instead of re routing the trailer harness, the harness just got jammed up between the tank and the bottom of the 80. Once diagnosed it was easy to unplug it, cut it and splice in a new cable, route it properly then reassemble all the panels and rear door sill plate. An $8 fix. I can’t imagine what a shop would charge to chase a dead short down on a modified vehicle.

Reactions: roots66

Chuckem12

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

South Florida
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Mike
Member #

Installed some Apex Overland Recovery Points....I like how they are almost not noticeable but also how the red pops... Hopefully will never need them but nice to know they are there.

Tie Down 1.jpgTie Down.jpg

Reactions: roots66

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Was doing a little reorganizing at work and found out we had an extra upright for pallet racking that had just been shoved to the side for years. I needed a rack on my canopy so a little cut here , a little weld there couple of fence boards and $32.25 later I have a little rack . Not the prettiest thing I’ve made but for almost free it will get the job done 5FD567EA-5067-4759-9684-967D6041F292.jpegIMG_8044.jpeg

Reactions: El-Dracho