West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS
Finally mounted the CVT RTT. Took a bit of figuring. It is a little over twice the weight of my tepui ayer so not able to just muscle it up. I don't have a garage, carport, or even a handy tree so had to get inventive.

View attachment 281461
I built a lift system a year ago so I can just lift off the tent. It is a must have. I was working on backup lights last night but you can see the lift system in the foreground. oh that is also what we did last night.

1720015622550.png

2WheelRob

Rank V

Traveler III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Yarger
Member #

This very small upgrade has been in progress for months.

I put in an Auxbeam in May of '23, but never had a good way to mount it. I wanted it secure to my built right dash mount, and I needed to be able to reach it. About 3 months ago the idea of 3d printing it hit me. Well I didn't have a 3d printer and I know very little about 3d modeling but I know drafting so how hard could it be?

I found a few models for a backing plate for the 8 gang auxbeam and I found some models for the ram mount ball mounts. I was able to marry the 2 in the modeling software and come up with a 3d model of a backing plate for the 8-gang auxbeam with a ram mount ball on the back. Step 1 done. Step 2 was to get it printed. I didn't have a 3d printer but between my birthday and some sales I decided to get one for myself. After a week of familiarization with the printer, I finally felt comfortable printing my mount. And here it is!! It's printed in PLA which I'm worried the heat here in Texas will cause to warp a little bit. If I does I'll print it again in something like ABS or another higher heat plastic. But for now, I have my Auxbeam switches mounted on my Built Right dash panel right where I want them.

Attachments

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I built a lift system a year ago so I can just lift off the tent. It is a must have. I was working on backup lights last night but you can see the lift system in the foreground. oh that is also what we did last night.
I like that setup. What are those brackets holding the 4x4? This would allow me to setup on the lawn with some flatter ground.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis