What portable air are you using in your rig?

• HTML tutorial

Spyduh

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bay Area
Member #

I'm getting a Viar 330c installed as my onboard air for my arb F&R lockers.

I also have the cheap $50 harbor freight portable air pump for a backup. I bought the 2yr warranty for it just in case i burn it out.

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

ARB, need it for my lockers so it was a no brainier. It's remarkably heavy and loud for its size, feels very solid. The relay is another story. Lasted about 2 days of use in the woods. The ARB relay does not like water. Lucky me I always carry a spare relay for my lights. Turns out it's the same relay.

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

I had an old kilby enterprises compressor and a 1 gal tank in one of my jeeps it was enough to run power tools, but you had a limit of about one minute were you had to stop and wait a few secs for the tanks to fill again.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
I've got one Viair 400C under my hood and another one in the back of the Jeep with a 2 gallon tank. It works great, airs up tires fast, I haven't tried using it for air tools yet, but I will soon. One of my good Buddy has a dual ARB compressor with a tank. We are going to do a video here pretty soon on how fast they fill the tank and how it goes using air tools.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

I could be wrong, but it might be hard to find a decent option under $100.00. I spent $130 or so on the Viair 300P, which is rated up to 33" tires... Cheaper options would probably be hard pressed to fill a 35" tire.

Reactions: FlyJeep

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
I have a Viair 88P which works well for the stock jeep MT tires (32). You can also heat hotdogs or what with it so it's dual-purpose.

I see it's $62 now in amazon.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I have a Viair 88P which works well for the stock jeep MT tires (32). You can also heat hotdogs or what with it so it's dual-purpose.

I see it's $62 now in amazon.
Love the hotdog heating feature! My 400p has the same feature. I burned my hand the first few times I used it. Now my wife reminds me every time I use it. All newbies to Viair compressors: use the handle only. DO NOT TOUCH THE METAL!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Love the hotdog heating feature! My 400p has the same feature. I burned my hand the first few times I used it. Now my wife reminds me every time I use it. All newbies to Viair compressors: use the handle only. DO NOT TOUCH THE METAL!

I have the 300P, but I'm probably going to pickup the 450P, as that's 100% duty cycle, while the 300/400 are 33%. The 300 has been fine, but I'm ready to go to 100%...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I have the 300P, but I'm probably going to pickup the 450P, as that's 100% duty cycle, while the 300/400 are 33%. The 300 has been fine, but I'm ready to go to 100%...

I have yet to need more duty cycle with mine airing up 35s to 50+ psi. It will run for something like 40 minutes straight.

Reactions: jeremyleker

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

I have yet to need more duty cycle with mine airing up 35s to 50+ psi. It will run for something like 40 minutes straight.

Even the 300P is decent for my rig, but it's about more power for me, plus it won't be as hot, but sticking w/ the handles is probably still a good idea.

Reactions: armymgdude

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Any of you guys mount your compressors underneath between the frame rails? My rig happens to have a lot of space and I was thinking of putting a 100% duty cycle compressor and 2-5 gallon tank down there. Plumb it to QD at the front and rear with a switch in the cab and in the rear compartment and I should be set.