• HTML tutorial

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Rear suspension upgrade! I wasn't worried so much with adding much lift as I was fixing the sagging rear when loaded out. I think this might just do it!
F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-01-2.jpg

Before:

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-01.jpg

The old mark:

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-02.jpg

The new mark:

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-04.jpg

Thing became a little heated...

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-03.jpg

But in the end it all came out well (the after):

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-05.jpg

F8Industries-AdventureWebSized-06.jpg

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Installed a mesh net under the RTT for lightweight items.

Cappy "410 Expedition" [emoji1063]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jz8t1

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

How do you like the Comet SB-1s? II've run mine offset from my sd rack and it seems to work pretty well. Not quite the range of my diamond but a much better choice for the trail ;-)
DDon'tsee them often so ccurious your experience with them. Thanks, Tom
They work alright. I'd prefer running 1/4 wave whips on the roof for each band, or something like the Comet SBB-5, or Diamond SG-7500
but those would both get destroyed the first time I drove under a tree.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Are you lubing as you drill?
I am. I'm using cutting oil. The problem I'm having is I'm drilling large holes with a hand drill, so the first bit I snapped was 1/4". I was drilling through 3/16" plate and while I was spraying more oil and only supporting the drill with one hand it started to punch through the back side, it caught in the hole, the drill twisted and the bit snapped. the second bit I snapped was because I knocked the drill off my work bench.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I am. I'm using cutting oil. The problem I'm having is I'm drilling large holes with a hand drill, so the first bit I snapped was 1/4". I was drilling through 3/16" plate and while I was spraying more oil and only supporting the drill with one hand it started to punch through the back side, it caught in the hole, the drill twisted and the bit snapped. the second bit I snapped was because I knocked the drill off my work bench.
I use a hand drill for such things often, but it takes forever because I start small and progressively work up in but size. I end up drilling the same hole a half dozen times or more. You may be doing that too, in that case I've got nothing and it sucks you're breaking bits.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Today I topped off the fluids and checked the tire pressure on the Outback. Loaded the compressor and tool bags, and took any unnecessary stuff out. We've got a nice pile started in the living room and a checklist partially finished.

We'll be leaving for Florida on Tuesday morning.

Reactions: SLO Rob

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I use a hand drill for such things often, but it takes forever because I start small and progressively work up in but size. I end up drilling the same hole a half dozen times or more. You may be doing that too, in that case I've got nothing and it sucks you're breaking bits.
I do the same, I start small, work up. The drill I use has an optional second hand grip, if I use both it works better, also if I use a little slower speed it seems to catch less. The real difficulty came once I reached 1/2" size. Then I was drilling through the 3/16" plate spot welded to a 1/4" plate. The 1/4" plate had 3/16" holes drilled in it already, I was just enlarging it to 1/2" and making holes in the 3/16" plate at the same time. The biggest issue is probably I'm lack of patience.

Reactions: WUzombies