Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Did the Mars/CAP modification to my FT-7900 2m440 rig for my truck.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

The soft shackles I ordered from Lucky 8 off road arrived. I saw Outdoorx4 post about these on Instagram last week and knew I needed some. A few years a go I was giving a truck stuck in snow a tug with my Xterra when the trucks recovery point failed sending the steel shackle attached to it into the lift gate of my Xterra leaving a nice dent, better than you could do with a ball peen. These will be safer and the are still rated to 18,000lbs. They have a protective sheath for putting through the recovery point too. Seem very well made.

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

The soft shackles I ordered from Lucky 8 off road arrived. I saw Outdoorx4 post about these on Instagram last week and knew I needed some. A few years a go I was giving a truck stuck in snow a tug with my Xterra when the trucks recovery point failed sending the steel shackle attached to it into the lift gate of my Xterra leaving a nice dent, better than you could do with a ball peen. These will be safer and the are still rated to 18,000lbs. They have a protective sheath for putting through the recovery point too. Seem very well made.
That's interesting. If you run a test on them/use them, take some photos, if you wouldn't mind.

Reactions: Dunco

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Yeh like @wampa said thay look very interesting keen to see them work

Reactions: IronPercheron

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Worked on my bumper today. Bought myself a plasma cutter and now Iam happy to work with it. Still need to learn the right moves.
But it is going better.
Removed the old bumper and made it ready to be cleaned up.