What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

LOL that happens to you too. On another note I helped my buddy that went to Hollister Park and got his Bronco swamped. We changed some of his fluids but when we got to the transition everything was a nice light pink.

View attachment 1287 View attachment 1288
uploadfromtaptalk1452377485334.jpg

If you didnt get stuck you didnt go anywhere fun.

A jeep pulled me out here, i had a winch... but burrying your 37 inch MT For an anchor isnt as easy as swallowing pride lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

This came in today! The rest of the stuff should be here Monday or Tuesday. Got an antenna mount for the passenger side rear (above the taillight), 3ft firestik, 18ft cable, and a HD spring mount. Hopefully I got everything I need. I'm stoked! :grin:

I know absolutely nothing about CB, ham, etc, but I'm excited to learn! Found a study guide for the ham tech thing. I'm about halfway through it. It's pretty cool. Figured I'd start out with a plain old CB and go from there.
I have one of those for sale. $80. Same radio i have in my Toyota. I'm pretty happy with it. I tuned mine myself.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: benmmc

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Dunno, just be forewarned that the prices on these things are stupid. Not like a USGI fuel can or anything, I know supply and demand helps to dictate price but man $50 for a little tank.
Hard to get a size comparison so I uploaded these as well. It between the common 20lb BBQ tank and the 1lb coleman tank.

Reactions: Sonarman

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I like those little tanks but the 1lbers pack really well and are cheap. So far I have done alright with those. I suppose the larger tank does hold 10x more?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

1# bottles can be refilled too. Google the fitting.

Disclaimer: this can be dangerous. I do not advocate it. I offer this information strictly for informative knowledge. Use at your own risk.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I replaced my fog lamps this weekend. I also fixed/improved the wiring for my radios. Finally I built a bracket to hold the TrailToys NSA switch box.

and for the wiring improvements. These 4awg wires and fuses were too long, and just floating in the void behind the factory fuse box.

No pictures of the NSA bracket yet. I'll take them at lunch time today.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

What material did you use? Did you just drill and tap the cross members? I have plans to do something similar (if not as comprehensive as your setup), but I keep going back and forth on what I want to use.
The first skid plate you see in that pic is part of the Rancho lift and attaches to the cross member that holds the front diff. The next two sections are what I made. I used 3/16" steel and put 1/4" x 1 1/2" "ribs" on the top side for extra strength. Most of the mounting points were already there for the optional factory UCP (under carriage protection) that I was using. I did drill and tap 3 of the mounting holes though. There is more info in my build thread.

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Dunno, just be forewarned that the prices on these things are stupid. Not like a USGI fuel can or anything, I know supply and demand helps to dictate price but man $50 for a little tank.
Hard to get a size comparison so I uploaded these as well. It between the common 20lb BBQ tank and the 1lb coleman tank.

how cute lol

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Did more of my Trail Toys NSA installation today.

Whole lot of spare wire looped next to the battery for now. (6 circuits worth.)

Also temporarily took the 12v fuse from my radios to power the NSA. My circuit breaker should arrive on Wednesday.

Also installed CBI Ditch Light Brackets, and Black Oak 40w ditch light pods.

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Installed HeftyFabworks front steel bumper with Superwinch Talon 12.5sr and Rigid D2 DOT fog lights.
This was the most complicated(read PITA) instal I ever did. The bumper is heavy around 225 add 70 lbs winch to it and it gets tricky.
Also I needed to relocate the solenoid for the winch and windshield washer reservoir.
Because I have the ARB compressor mounted in the back P/S I was unable to relocate the air pump therefore unable to instal expedition one windshield washer reservoir. I need to make a trip to @Bandi to see if we can mount the air pump under the compressor in order to be able to relocate the reservoir.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452614014.787879.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452614026.722821.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452614041.107157.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452614061.677274.jpg