What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

Nomad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

upgraded the headlights from 9005/9006 to 9011/9012 it made a big difference I can see the road now....

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I started my Patch Game....

Installed CBI Ditch Light Brackets and one of two 40w Black Oak Pods

Moved both VHF/UHF Antennas, to the access cab doors.

And started to install my Trail Toys NSA
Still need to put the sticker on the top, fix up the mount now that I've got it mocked up, and turn the box around 180 degrees

Reactions: ShawnR

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

This came in today! The rest of the stuff should be here Monday or Tuesday. Got an antenna mount for the passenger side rear (above the taillight), 3ft firestik, 18ft cable, and a HD spring mount. Hopefully I got everything I need. I'm stoked! :grin:

I know absolutely nothing about CB, ham, etc, but I'm excited to learn! Found a study guide for the ham tech thing. I'm about halfway through it. It's pretty cool. Figured I'd start out with a plain old CB and go from there.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Get yourself an SWR meter to tune your Firestik or risk frying your radio. I did.

SWR meter with jumper

RightChannel Radios is an awesome company, check out their learning center for a lot of install tips.

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

Get yourself an SWR meter to tune your Firestik or risk frying your radio. I did.

SWR meter with jumper

RightChannel Radios is an awesome company, check out their learning center for a lot of install tips.
Oh man thanks, I had no idea! I just looked and it says my radio has a built-in digital S/RF/CAL/SWR meter. I guess dumb luck saved me there. In the next few days I might make another thread in the CB section to ask questions in.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

By the way, little disclaimer: I'm not an employee of that company or anything, I was simply impressed by their prices, website, and follow-up after ordering my stuff

Reactions: benmmc

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Inbeetween changing and feeding the newborn I was able to add a new patch from nomaddersoverland, it came with a personal hand written note too, which is always a nice touch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452348064.839976.jpg

Also im in the middle of a bumper installation more to come about that...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452348127.248168.jpg

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

New upper and lower rear control arms and bushings. Now I don't try to change lanes every time I get on or off the gas... ☺
LOL that happens to you too. On another note I helped my buddy that went to Hollister Park and got his Bronco swamped. We changed some of his fluids but when we got to the transition everything was a nice light pink.

20160108_213212.jpg 20160108_213240.jpg

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

Its back and bigger than ever. Thanks for the pic. Next time you go let me know. Ill come by myself. Want to do more of the trails that you seem to know. All I know are the main fire roads and courses.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

No more little 1lb bottles in the kit box. Dropped a little coin on a 5lb tank just like the 20 just smaller, how small. 8" diameter, 12" height. Small enough to fit into the current plano 1919 cases on the roof or the about to be new pelican 1610 cases, also fits under the X. The guy at Uhaul has never seen a 5lb bottle. He thought it was awesome for offroading as well. The guy owned a lifted XJ.

The only bad thing about the tank is the stupid price. Why does a smaller tank cost twice what a standard tank cost and is impossible to fine locally. Picked this up for $50 delivered from Amazon.Cost just over $5 to fill.

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

No more little 1lb bottles in the kit box. Dropped a little coin on a 5lb tank just like the 20 just smaller, how small. 8" diameter, 12" height. Small enough to fit into the current plano 1919 cases on the roof or the about to be new pelican 1610 cases, also fits under the X. The guy at Uhaul has never seen a 5lb bottle. He thought it was awesome for offroading as well. The guy owned a lifted XJ.

The only bad thing about the tank is the stupid price. Why does a smaller tank cost twice what a standard tank cost and is impossible to fine locally. Picked this up for $50 delivered from Amazon.Cost just over $5 to fill.

Why didn't I think of that???