Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Thanks! I think this little project turned out nicely.

OPT7 seems like they make slightly better stuff than the super cheapo kind. They seem well enough built. I won't be surprised if I have issues with the front light bar at some point, it was $85. But it was so cheap that I can afford to replace it easily. I figured out that the light bar casing is grounded.. and my rack is grounded very well, so that is why the dimmer/remote thing was always on. I ordered a regular relay switch for the light bar.

The OPT7 C2 spots are pretty much spots. They have a little flood to them, but its mostly a spot. I wanted to be able to angle them toward a camp site and have a decent amount of light ~40 feet away to put up a tent in the dark, etc... so I think this will work well. Floods that small just wash out and are not of much use that far out.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Added some vleds dome lights I got for Christmas .Probably going to replace the map lights too. A Lil before and after

20151227_175051.jpg 20151227_175814.jpg 20151227_175058.jpg 20151227_175834.jpg

Last edited:

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

You guys and your "car washes"..................

:tonguewink:
Yeah, sometimes the lady friend drives my car. So I try to keep it clean so that she didn't end up with mud on her dress or her pants from the step boards.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Damn! Night and day difference! Where did you get those from?

Company called vleds.com . My father in law has Ben running them in several vehicles for almost a year without any flickering or cutting out

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Put in my other Christmas gift sylvania zxe 9007 bulbs gotta say I'm not I'mpressed. Top is the old bulbs vs the zxe. They are whiter but clearly don't cover as much area. Oh well run till they die and look into a better replacement 2015-12-29 18.34.10.jpg

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

There's been a lot of talk about Sylvania/Phillips these days on my Nissan forums. I want better light, but I dont want to go the HID conversion (read: illegal in most cases) route..numerous lawsuits against aforementioned companies concerning output claims have steered me away from trying to upgrade my lighting. Stock works, so far...

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

There's been a lot of talk about Sylvania/Phillips these days on my Nissan forums. I want better light, but I dont want to go the HID conversion (read: illegal in most cases) route..numerous lawsuits against aforementioned companies concerning output claims have steered me away from trying to upgrade my lighting. Stock works, so far...
@stoney126 have you guys thought about LED bulbs from lifetimeledlights.com? They are plug and play. Unlike the HID kits, you don't need a ballast. Lots of the Toyota guys run them and love them. I haven't had the need to upgrade my headlights yet. But that could be a great option for you.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

@stoney126 have you guys thought about LED bulbs from lifetimeledlights.com? They are plug and play. Unlike the HID kits, you don't need a ballast. Lots of the Toyota guys run them and love them. I haven't had the need to upgrade my headlights yet. But that could be a great option for you.

I havent but I will. The HID kits I see come into the shop really mad me weary. I like the idea of plug and play, less stuff to break

gandrimp

Rank III

Advocate II

4 new bilstein shocks. Old ones (monroes) had 130,000 miles. My truck originally had bilsteins but carfax shows at 12,000 miles ford changed the shocks under warrenty, look like monroes. Truck was also traded in at around that time.

HUGE improvement

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Drove me to the Blind Melon rehearsal for tomorrow nights show. uploadfromtaptalk1451531157597.png

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV

Fitting and trimming main bumper piece. Making up template for frame rail mount brackets.