• HTML tutorial

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Installed HeftyFabworks front steel bumper with Superwinch Talon 12.5sr and Rigid D2 DOT fog lights.
This was the most complicated(read PITA) instal I ever did. The bumper is heavy around 225 add 70 lbs winch to it and it gets tricky.
Also I needed to relocate the solenoid for the winch and windshield washer reservoir.
Because I have the ARB compressor mounted in the back P/S I was unable to relocate the air pump therefore unable to instal expedition one windshield washer reservoir. I need to make a trip to @Bandi to see if we can mount the air pump under the compressor in order to be able to relocate the reservoir.

View attachment 1338

View attachment 1339

View attachment 1340

View attachment 1341
Man totally good looking 4funner. But A) take the flat link off for a bit and wrap electrical tape around the metal eyelet of the winch line and reattach. This prevent sun damage to the exposed line (I was asked to do the same by factor 55 directly with my flat link-E). And B) is it just me or does your bumper hoop blck a ton of your headlight. But still, good looking 4funner man.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I started to wire up my rock lights. The Passenger's side is almost done, I just need to complete soldering connections, and pulling the lead across to the driver's side.

Sorry for the Potato quality photos. It was intentionally dark, and my iPhone didn't like that much.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Got my new 4ft. firefly cb antenna. This time I added a spring. Next I'll be looking into ham radios.

Attachments

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Got my new 4ft. firefly cb antenna. This time I added a spring. Next I'll be looking into ham radios.
Looks good. I think every FJ Cruiser I've ever seen with a CB has one of those top Hinge mounts.

If you want help making a selection on the ham front let me know. (Both antennas, and radios.)

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Looking good Lars. What lights are you using? I have just strted research of rock lights. Its the only switch I installed that is not terminated yet. Im looking at Lux lights. Curious what ones you have but looking good, be sure to post up a finished photo.

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I replaced my fog lamps this weekend. I also fixed/improved the wiring for my radios. Finally I built a bracket to hold the TrailToys NSA switch box.

and for the wiring improvements. These 4awg wires and fuses were too long, and just floating in the void behind the factory fuse box.

No pictures of the NSA bracket yet. I'll take them at lunch time today.
I'm really curious to see what you do with the remote. It's close enough to the cost of my Switch-Pro that wonder if consistency and size would just keep me there, but the price different isn't zero...

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I started my homemade vehicle awning project...I will post pics when complete.

Materials list: 6" x 7' black pvc pipe, 1 end cap, 1 screw on end cap, metal strapping tape, 8-1/4" self tapping tec screws, 8 vinyl boat top snaps, epoxy, pvc glue, 1-6'x6' heavy duty "blue" tarp with metal grommets, 2 Coleman aluminum adjustable poles (5' to 8' adjustable), Paracord, 4 heavy duty tent stakes.

Here we go!

benmmc

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I started my homemade vehicle awning project...I will post pics when complete.

Materials list: 6" x 7' black pvc pipe, 1 end cap, 1 screw on end cap, metal strapping tape, 8-1/4" self tapping tec screws, 8 vinyl boat top snaps, epoxy, pvc glue, 1-6'x6' heavy duty "blue" tarp with metal grommets, 2 Coleman aluminum adjustable poles (5' to 8' adjustable), Paracord, 4 heavy duty tent stakes.

Here we go!
Sounds neat, keep us updated!

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Started a budget winch test with my superduty

Bought a used 8,000 lb smittybuilt for 100$

Bought 15,500lb traveller winch rope
125$

Hook was one i already had... idk how much it was.

Warn winch tray was used 75$

View attachment 974

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
UPDATE: used winch to recover dads tractor, works great! With the snatch block it was dragging my f250 around lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

Looking good Lars. What lights are you using? I have just strted research of rock lights. Its the only switch I installed that is not terminated yet. Im looking at Lux lights. Curious what ones you have but looking good, be sure to post up a finished photo.
The LEDs are something like these. Waterproof 4" COB LED

I went camping and off roading with the Heart of Texas Off Road Club for their Bonfire run. Last night was cold... (got down to the upper 20's overnight) I'll try to finish the driver's side of the truck Monday or Tuesday, and post up some photos of the finished product.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I'm really curious to see what you do with the remote. It's close enough to the cost of my Switch-Pro that wonder if consistency and size would just keep me there, but the price different isn't zero...
Unfortunately it appears I can only link one remote to the receiver at a time which kills my plans, at least for now.
I had planned on taking my second remote, and building a custom panel that I'd mount to the truck. I was then going to attach it to the truck's battery at which point it's part of the vehicle.

What I can say is while the remote isn't pretty. Being able to turn my 2" Black Oak pods on from 200' away turned out to be super handy when we had the Chili pot on a table next to my tent, and people wanted to go get another serving. :)

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I used mine this weekend....

As a three wheeler!!!

Stuffed the rear passenger good.

and flexed out the rear drivers

While camping with a bunch of great people. (including a few of y'all)