Mike_9f5158

Rank I

Contributor III

Martinez, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Youell
Hey everyone!! I’m Big boy mike!! I have been overlanding since before they called it overlanding started in a ‘77 f250 ranger. I’m 35 yrs young. currently reside in Martinez,California. Last ten years I been driving a 1994 k1500 single cab. Miss my old 85 yoda though. I’ve also had 2 xj’s one ‘91 and an’88 2door and 4door. CNt wait ti meet some of y’all on the trail.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!! I’m Big boy mike!! I have been overlanding since before they called it overlanding started in a ‘77 f250 ranger. I’m 35 yrs young. currently reside in Martinez,California. Last ten years I been driving a 1994 k1500 single cab. Miss my old 85 yoda though. I’ve also had 2 xj’s one ‘91 and an’88 2door and 4door. CNt wait ti meet some of y’all on the trail.
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I’m Chad. I’m a long time off-road enthusiasts located in Southern California with a fabrication background. The main rig is a 2001 Toyota Sequoia that I’ve outfitted for our family dispersed camp trips and exploring. I’m also working on a more aggressive build based off a 1960 cj for more extreme terrain exploring.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, looks like I've been a member for a while but I'm just now getting started looking around.
I'm from the Pacific Northwest USA.
Currently drive a 2020 Ram with 8ft bed. (don't have any pics yet)
New to overlanding but loving it.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Could you edit your location to have a city or town, this will help the app and members to get you local information.
@M Rose is the Regional Director who can get you in touch with a Member Representative for local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Bad Sport

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member here. Located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
I drive a 2021 Ford Ranger towing a DIY 4x7 offroad trailer (edit, 4x7)
Trailer build thread here: Wolverine RVGP
Civilian overlanding experience would be considered novice.
Military overlanding experience; Grizzly AVGP, BV206

Any 5G Ranger owners in the Calgary AB area here?
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, I'm Saif , father of two, world traveler and part time overlander!

Rig: 2012 Trail Edition 4Runner also named ASSAD!!
Experience: Moderate or since 2007

Work fulltime and like to go out as much as I can! Love solo traveling but once in a while I join a group or travel with someone. Like scenic routes and moderate trails 7/10 max!! Not much of a rock crawler but I don't mind some to get to the spot. Favorite area North West.
Welcome to Overland Bound Saif
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this will help the app and members get you local information
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a great monthly meet-up in Livermore that can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! My name is Tanner, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I'm fairly new to offroading/overlanding - my mom has had a Jeep Wrangler Sport for a few years and I've ridden along with her down some dirt roads and OHV parks. I've also done some backpacking but was always intrigued by the possibilities of vehicle-based camping. After a few years of research and debate, I decided to dive right in and got a 2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison this March and have been loving it! While looking around the OB app I found Merus Adventure Park on the map, and my girlfriend and I took our first trip out there a few weekends ago and had a blast. I look forward to learning more and building up my skills to match the capabilities of the truck!
Welcome to Overland Bound Tanner
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there. This is Alexandros. I am from Athens Greece. Nice to meeting you!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region. Check the map there are members in Greece that put up Rally Points.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Okay team. I joined a few months ago. I just retired from the US Army and am slowly gaining experience and confidence. My particulars are that I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 4.0, Selec-Trac. It's got open diffs and is all stock presently. It's in the warm-up cage for my daughter to learn to drive. I also have a 2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 that I purchased non-running. It's about 80% fixed as of today, and hopefully I can get it back on the road in the next month. Payload-wise, the Jeep wins, but the rest is bone stock with road tires from previous elderly owner. Stock capability wise, the Blazer wins (OEM skid plates, rear G80 locker, and off road tires). I've 'car-camped' in a 2015 F150 (don't have anymore) and the Jeep. I've owned RVs for years (5th wheel, motorhome, and our current pop-up). I prefer sleeping in an SUV for camping. My current dilemma is whether I should throw $ at either of my current rides, or push these to my kids and go find something more capable. I've got a small anxiety problem, so reliability and self-reliance are key values of mine. Those are rarely supported by budget friendly options.

In any case, I've enjoyed getting out in northern Utah a few times, but want to get my rig (or a new rig) ready to go for multi-day explorations. I'm leaning towards improving the Jeep, but could be convinced to push efforts elsewhere. Would love to hear any thoughts from the group.View attachment 243961View attachment 243962
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys my name is Jorge I'm in San Diego CA. I have a 04 4th gen 4Runner. I'm fairly new to off-road and learning as we speak. I have a 94 Land Cruiser that's a new project that I'm trying to start soon.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Mike
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Mark E

Rank VII

Builder II

Manteca, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Elness
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YRY
Welcome to Overland Bound, Mike!