First Name
Javier
Last Name
Fregoso
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / Nat Guard
Hello All,

I just stumbled on this board and want and would like to pursue overlanding further. I’ve always been fascinated with nature and would just love to get out there more. Below is the required info:

1)picture2F3BAFBD-4112-4117-81C0-24925B93835E.jpeg

2) Location (ventura county, ca)
3) 2018 GMC Canyon Denali (2.8 DuraMax) 4x4
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, but did lots of camping/overlanding while in the USMC and now National Guard in Humvees.

My rig is bone stock, but slowly but surely, I’d like to turn it into a beast. I would appreciate any info and suggestions you guys can offer.

Thanks!
-Jay

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello All,

I just stumbled on this board and want and would like to pursue overlanding further. I’ve always been fascinated with nature and would just love to get out there more. Below is the required info:

1)pictureView attachment 245767

4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, but did lots of camping/overlanding while in the USMC and now National Guard in Humvees.

My rig is bone stock, but slowly but surely, I’d like to turn it into a beast. I would appreciate any info and suggestions you guys can offer.

Thanks!
-Jay

Welcome to Overland Bound

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello All,

Thanks!
-Jay
Hallo Javier
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Thanks!
-Jay
Welcome to Overland Bound Jay
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!! I’m Big boy mike!! I have been overlanding since before they called it overlanding started in a ‘77 f250 ranger. I’m 35 yrs young. currently reside in Martinez,California. Last ten years I been driving a 1994 k1500 single cab. Miss my old 85 yoda though. I’ve also had 2 xj’s one ‘91 and an’88 2door and 4door. CNt wait ti meet some of y’all on the trail.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone recently moved to Utah and got into overlanding ! Thanks for having me
Rig: 2022 Jeep Gladiator
Overlanding Experience: Novice
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up everyone, took awhile to get this introduction started lol
Rig 2007 4WD Sport Edition 4runner
Experience: just like exploring new places and camping out in my car :)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 245634View attachment 245635

Fresno California
2016 Toyota 4runner sr5 premium "Silverback", 2005 Jeep TJ Rubicon "Ruby"
Experienced Novice - always willing to learn, backyard is the High Sierra Nevada so got most of our experience there. Love overlanding, mostly go out with church family and friends passionate about seeing the glory of God in nature, blessed to be able to do this besides being a nurse and a youth pastor. God bless everyone - Happy trails!!!
Overland Motto: Take the Road less traveled "Narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:14
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding. @Inthewoods has some meetups and runs in your area.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Coachella Valley! Joined a few months ago and just starting to peruse the forums.
View attachment 245594View attachment 245595
2) Location: Southern California near Palm Springs
3) Rig 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2, V8 Overland model towing 2019 Bushwakka Bhoma
4) Overlanding Experience: I bought the Jeep in 2014 and we did several short Overlanding trips in Anza Borrego and Big Bear that year. On our first big Overlanding expedition we traveled the entire Mojave Road in 2015. Back then we were tent camping. Over the years we have done the Mojave Rd several more times and explored additional parts of the Mojave Desert. We have also done Overlanding trips to Death Valley, Joshua Tree, the Old Dale Mining District, the Bradshaw Trail, and the San Jacinto Mountains.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone.
Jeep family always looking to meet some others in the area. Been wheeling and exploring for 15+ yrs. We reside in the Easy Bay and get up into the Sierras as often as possible. We don’t pay to much attention trail difficulty but rather the adventure and escape.
Most recent adventure was a quick trip to the snow HWY108.
Recent wheeling trip to the Dusy Ershim.
Favorite spot is always Slick Rock. Love the camping, water and wheeling. Loved the video @Michael

Hope to maybe make the December meet up here in town.

Scott
@fishfam_log insta
@FishFam_logs YouTube
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. The East Bay meet up is awesome, great people that plan lots of trips. @TrailHawkGuy is the organizer.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All!

My name is Luke. Born and raised in Wyoming, but live and work in Virginia. I have 2.5 years till I retire and look forward to overlanding as much as I can. I am a novice! I have a trip planned to Tuktoyaktuk next year in August/September from Virginia and back. Can't wait for that!

Vehicle: 2019 Toyota TRD Pro in Voodoo Blue
Experience: Novice. I do some moderate offroading, lots of camping and very little, hoping to do way more, overlanding.
Welcome To Overland Bound Luke
Sounds like a great trip next year!
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

azar5613

Rank II

Contributor II

MD, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Natoli
Member #

Hi Everyone.

Currently live in MD. Came from NorCal. Purchased a 2020 Gladiator Sport S and started building it up. It has the following:
-upgraded suspension to Rubicon take-offs and 2" AEV spacer kit
-rubicon bumpers
-35" Nitto Grappler Tires
-custom designed Dissent Offroad bed and roof rack. Bed rack doors can be removed for a skeleton style setup
-bed soft topper
-Torro Offroad Skylux tent

future upgrades/additions:
-ARB dual air compressor
-water storage of some kind
-kitchen
-inverter

Experience:
Weekend warrior for camping mostly. Camped across the US during my Summer 21 trip. Currently preparing for a 2+ week trip down to Outer Banks, over to Ozarks, and some desert and mountain camping and trails.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All,

Thanks!
-Jay
Hello Javier, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone.

Currently live in MD. Came from NorCal. Purchased a 2020 Gladiator Sport S and started building it up. It has the following:
-rubicon bumpers
-custom designed Dissent Offroad bed and roof rack. Bed rack doors can be removed for a skeleton style setup
-bed soft topper

-ARB dual air compressor
-kitchen
-inverter

Experience:
Weekend warrior for camping mostly. Camped across the US during my Summer 21 trip. Currently preparing for a 2+ week trip down to Outer Banks, over to Ozarks, and some desert and mountain camping and trails.
Hello Timothy, welcome to Overland Bound.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hi Everyone.

-rubicon bumpers
-bed soft topper

-ARB dual air compressor
-kitchen
-inverter

Experience:

Reactions: Shahn and Bad Sport

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

View attachment 245634View attachment 245635

Fresno California
2016 Toyota 4runner sr5 premium "Silverback", 2005 Jeep TJ Rubicon "Ruby"
Experienced Novice - always willing to learn, backyard is the High Sierra Nevada so got most of our experience there. Love overlanding, mostly go out with church family and friends passionate about seeing the glory of God in nature, blessed to be able to do this besides being a nurse and a youth pastor. God bless everyone - Happy trails!!!
Overland Motto: Take the Road less traveled "Narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:14
Welcome to OB. Our Visalia CA group just had a snow camping trip up above Shaver Lake. We have another snow trip planned for January. You can check the Rally point for the trip information and Visalia CA meeting. Hope to see you out there inthewoods.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi all. Forgot to say ' Hey' officially.
I think joined long ago before ' apps' but forgot about it, lost my info, had more kids.... Started Overlanding in 2014 (was called 'camping in my car), with a 1999 Honda Accord, then a 2005 Toyota Camry, finally got serious with a 1993 Jeep Wrangler. Trying to make it a major lifestyle thing of mine, especially Desert travel. Hope to meet some of you on the trail !
Better late than never. Welcome!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello All!

My name is Luke. Born and raised in Wyoming, but live and work in Virginia. I have 2.5 years till I retire and look forward to overlanding as much as I can. I am a novice! I have a trip planned to Tuktoyaktuk next year in August/September from Virginia and back. Can't wait for that!

Vehicle: 2019 Toyota TRD Pro in Voodoo Blue
Experience: Novice. I do some moderate offroading, lots of camping and very little, hoping to do way more, overlanding.
Hi Luke. Welcome to Overland Bound.