Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings. After living in a van for around four years, I took a year off in rural Middle Tennessee. Being truly nomadic, I am still not interested in being settled for long anywhere. So I got a 2020 Tacoma, already turned into an overlanding machine with flatbed, suspension redo, re-geared, etc. 4 Wheel Camper with enough solar and amenities for long-time back-country travel. I spent three months this Summer in Nor. Cal./So. Oregon and Nevada. I'll be Wintering in Tennessee while I prep for full-time excursion mode next year. So I am in the rabbit hole of research now on where to go. Figured it's time to start joining groups like this to get inspired meet people. I might go for Trans American route since it runs right by where I am starting from... View attachment 245086
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mark
Washington D.C. area
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE
I run trails when I can and am looking forward to some longer overlanding trips. My rig is almost fully set up and ready for some shorter sections of the TransAm trail.
Welcome To Overland Bound Mark
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Sorry, no pictures as I'm just starting to build a rig from scratch
2) Kern County, California
3) Toyota 4runner, Tacoma, Land Cruiser or Lexus equivalent - I'm still searching for a used vehicle to purchase
4) Experienced

My name's Alex and I've been "adventuring" as I'll call it for 40 years + all over the world. It averages out to about 20 years outside the USA and 20 years in Southern/Central CA in the high desert.

I've recently moved back to the USA again so I have to build a new rig here from scratch. All of the supplies I have, just need a rig to carry/organize it. If I can buy someone's used rig that is in a high state of maintenance, that would be ideal.

Glad to be here!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
John
Orange County, NY
2022 Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed SR5
Not a whole lot of overlanding experience but I've done plenty of camping and ttsilnriding on quads over the years.

I kind of stumbled across this site when someone posted about the TNJT on a Tacoma message board. Looking forward to doing some exploring with my wife in the spring and traversing the TNJT too.

View attachment 244994
Welcome To Overland Bound John
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone:

1) Redondo Beach, CA

2) Just starting a 2005 4Runner rig build. Has 53k original miles on it. Wheels & tires done, suspension, RTT & Prinsu waiting to be installed

3) Experience: Novice to overlanding but a lot of experience camping/outdoor due to being a published landscape photographer and automotive commercial cinematographer (Film commercials in the past for Toyota, Mazda, Ford, McLaren)

Excited to be part of the community and would love to share tips in the forums on how everyone can shoot better content for their adventures. @im_jasonanthony
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I've been following Overland Bound on Instagram and figured I'd take advantage of the tools this platform offers. I currently drive a 1996 Mitsubishi Montero LS with no other extra bells or whistles yet. I've done the GA traverse once in a 2006 Sequoia and have done Land Between The Lakes in a 2001 cherokee XJ. A couple buddies of mine will be tackling the trail again this upcoming Thanksgiving.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the Sunshine Coast of Canada. Currently I am overlanding around Canada and live in my Class B van, Ella, full time. Also along for the journey is my 4Runner Gazoo and our canoe, Sally….yes I named my canoe.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! I'm Sam from San Diego and new to Off-Roading. 3 years ago I decided that I needed to get outdoors more often and get camping. The pandemic jammed up my plans for a bit with the car market, so I've been doing some backcountry camping in Joshua Tree. I was finally able to get an FJ Cruiser recently so looking forward to getting out on the road and experience some new sites.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank fof thr invite..I'm
Russ johnson
Antioch,Ca
2020 jeep gladiator sport S
Stock..automatic..33in.tires
I enjoy camping/fishing...and
road-tripping...new to off roading
I would like to join a jeep club or a group to go off roading
Welcome to Overland Bound Russ
Good choice on a rig ;-)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, been on here for a few weeks and haven't introduced myself yet! Looking forward to some dispersed camping and getting out!

1) Brentwood, Ca (Contra Costa County)
3) 2015 Ram 2500
4) Overlanding novice

View attachment 244685
View attachment 244686
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. You can find the Livermore meet-up on the map, it might not be that close but it is a really great place to get started and meet other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

I am Chris. I live in south west Wyoming. I have a 2010 FJ Cruiser and a 1995 80 series Land Cruiser. I have been car camping (overlanding) since the late 70’s. Navy Veteran with 41 Years of service. Member 43273View attachment 244667View attachment 244668
Welcome To Overland Bound Chris
Great looking rigs
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all. Forgot to say ' Hey' officially.
I think joined long ago before ' apps' but forgot about it, lost my info, had more kids.... Started Overlanding in 2014 (was called 'camping in my car), with a 1999 Honda Accord, then a 2005 Toyota Camry, finally got serious with a 1993 Jeep Wrangler. Trying to make it a major lifestyle thing of mine, especially Desert travel. Hope to meet some of you on the trail !
Greetings, and welcome to Overland Bound!

kingwyoming

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
King
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Retired
Hello All!

My name is Luke. Born and raised in Wyoming, but live and work in Virginia. I have 2.5 years till I retire and look forward to overlanding as much as I can. I am a novice! I have a trip planned to Tuktoyaktuk next year in August/September from Virginia and back. Can't wait for that!

Vehicle: 2019 Toyota TRD Pro in Voodoo Blue
Experience: Novice. I do some moderate offroading, lots of camping and very little, hoping to do way more, overlanding.

Attachments

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hello All!

My name is Luke. Born and raised in Wyoming, but live and work in Virginia. I have 2.5 years till I retire and look forward to overlanding as much as I can. I am a novice! I have a trip planned to Tuktoyaktuk next year in August/September from Virginia and back. Can't wait for that!

Experience: Novice. I do some moderate offroading, lots of camping and very little, hoping to do way more, overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank VI

Influencer I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello All!

Welcome to Overland Bound, Luke from Wyoming

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All!

Hello Luke, welcome to Overland Bound.

FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
Hey everyone.
Jeep family always looking to meet some others in the area. Been wheeling and exploring for 15+ yrs. We reside in the Easy Bay and get up into the Sierras as often as possible. We don’t pay to much attention trail difficulty but rather the adventure and escape.
Most recent adventure was a quick trip to the snow HWY108.
Recent wheeling trip to the Dusy Ershim.
Favorite spot is always Slick Rock. Love the camping, water and wheeling. Loved the video @Michael

Hope to maybe make the December meet up here in town.

Scott
@fishfam_log insta
@FishFam_logs YouTube

Attachments

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey everyone.
Jeep family always looking to meet some others in the area. Been wheeling and exploring for 15+ yrs. We reside in the Easy Bay and get up into the Sierras as often as possible. We don’t pay to much attention trail difficulty but rather the adventure and escape.
Favorite spot is always Slick Rock. Love the camping, water and wheeling. Loved the video @Michael

Scott
@fishfam_log insta
@FishFam_logs YouTube
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott. I just started following you on Instagram. It is always cool to see photos of places people go.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey everyone.

Scott
@fishfam_log insta
@FishFam_logs YouTube
Glad you enjoyed that! I’ve not yet been on Dusy Ershim but it’s on my short list! Welcome!