Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello everyone. I must have made an account awhile ago and gotten sidetracked before I checked things out, but I'm back to dive in now.

I'm from Fort Nelson, BC, Canada. It's a small town in northern BC, but I'm sure many of you have driven through as it is the last grocery store for quite a while on the Alaska Highway.

I drive a 2012 Tacoma that's quite modified and my wife has a 2007 FJ Cruiser that is much closer to stock (just a mild lift, 33s, skids and front bumper). The Tacoma is our main exploration vehicle, but I love how similar the maintenance is on the two vehicles and how many parts they have in common. It makes my life much easier. The FJ comes along when we're going deep into the Backcountry to provide some redundancy and peace of mind.

We have explored a good portion of our corner of the country and before we met I did more vehicle based adventuring into the US. We did a cross country trip a couple years ago, but we've been busy with work and masters degrees so we haven't been on a big trip in awhile. We're planning to get out there and do a trip to Tuk and Alaska this summer if the Covid-19 situation has improved by then.

I look forward to poking around to see what this community is all about
Welcome ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey All
I’m Andrew
I’m in Brookings OR
Member#23569
My rigs a 2018 TRD OR Tacoma
Welcome ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Welcome to all our new members!
I just wanted everyone to know that up here in the Northwest region we have been doing weekly conference calls during these Covid-19 times that we can not get together as much as we would like.

I'd like to personally invite all of you to this week's call that happens to be geared towards getting started in Overlanding and Answering questions for new members/Overlanders. Rally point details

It's question and answer time.
We know there are lots of new members out there and bunches of members that are just getting started.
Let's answer some questions.

We would like to have questions submitted ahead of time so we can dive right in then I'm sure you can ask questions during the call too.
Send questions to @Big G .

We look forward to taking with everyone Sunday night 7:30 PST.

Sunday Night Conference Call
Dial-in number (US): (605) 472-5383

Access code: 586895#

International dial-in numbers: FreeConferenceCall.com

Online meeting ID: stevemarchiando

Join the online meeting: FreeConferenceCall.com

1587496219583.png

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello all, my names Jeremy, ive heard alot of good things about Overland Bound and im glad to be a part of it.
I drive a 2006 Hummer H3, Im from Eufaula Al. I get out and adventure whenever im able, overlanding is a good stress relief!View attachment 150921
Welcome..
Hello all, my names Jeremy, ive heard alot of good things about Overland Bound and im glad to be a part of it.
I drive a 2006 Hummer H3, Im from Eufaula Al. I get out and adventure whenever im able, overlanding is a good stress relief!View attachment 150921
Welcome !
Love the H3 !

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current Vehicle: 2007 Lexus GX470
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Have been car camping, backpacking, canoe camping for decades. I did some off-roading in XJs around Moab and in the southeast in the early 2000s.

We have a 23’ Outdoors RV trailer that we tow with a 2015 Suburban and camped about 40 nights last year. had a goal for more this year, but that will probably be difficult with COVID.

Family of 5: me, my wife and 3 boys (5 to 12 yo). We want to spend as much time in the outdoors as possible. We came across Expedition Overland and watched the first three seasons as a family over the winter, so here we are.

We found the GX already built for off-roading and felt like we got a great deal on it. Now we are working on building it out the rest of the way so that we can at least start some weekend trips. Excited to join the community.
Hello Jeremy, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Medcomm

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

College Station, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Howdy! My name is Mike. I live in Texas and rather new to the "Overland" community. My wife and I regularly offroad with several members from OLB so we decided to join. Before the COVID-19 days, we typically were hitting the trails about twice a month. Our adventuring started last year when we purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma OR 4x4 DCSB. At the time the purchase was made for a Thanksgiving Colorado trip where we were staying in a secluded cabin 10,000ft up. We fell in the rabbit hole shortly after the purchase and started offroading and Overlanding. Thanks for the add and we look forward to seeing some of you on the trail.

IMG_0220.JPEG

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Rig: 2000 Land Rover Freelander
Experience: Mainly from my own experience and a lot of ideas and tips from youtube and Abenteure und Allrad.View attachment 151105
Hello Bela, Welcome and I hope we can meet up and have a good tour some day.
If you need something, just ask me and I will try to help out.
Just check out here or on the FB Mid Europe page for trips, meet ups and more.

viszontlatasra

SuburbanInSandy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sandy, OR, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Sleeper
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

southerntaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

Hello everyone, I thought introduction was past due lol. I’ve been around for some time but just lurking. I’m Jeff, me and my wife Larissa live in Georgia and we always liked to travel. In 2017 we tried something different and decided to drive from Georgia to California. We filled up a rented Santa Fe with a pop up tent and some stuff we thought we needed and headed west.
6000+ miles later after stopping by Grand Canyon, sequoia national park, Yosemite, Arches and few other places we decided we needed more. We planned, bought some stuff and ended up with a humble but sweet setup. Now we can go anywhere we want to go without a problem. Hope to see you guys out there some day. Stay safe and explore. ✌

Attachments

Olaf Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Olaf
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Rig: 2000 Land Rover Freelander
Experience: Mainly from my own experience and a lot of ideas and tips from youtube and Abenteure und Allrad.View attachment 151105
Hi Bela. Greetings from California. I came through Györ in 1994 when I toured through Prague, Pilsen, Budweis, Budapest, Puszta, Balaton on a 2 week's road trip. No offroading, no camping, stayed in hotels and penzions. I would love to go back and explore more. I had a great time, lovely people, wonderful country and great food.

Reactions: Bela and Kent R

Olaf Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Olaf
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Hi everyone,

Stoked to be apart of this community! I am based in the Bay Area and just got my first year of Overlanding under my belt. Still learning on each endeavor.

Here are a few images of my rig, 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro:

View attachment 149652 View attachment 149653

Cheers!
Great rig! Is that @ Pismo? I ordered a roof top tent back in February. Will get it soon hopefully. First trip will be taking the family camping on the beach in the Oceano Dunes!

RollinWest

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Morgan, Morgan County, Utah, United States
First Name
Sky
Last Name
Powers
Member #

Thank you for having us. Our family of three has been living full time in an RV for over two years now. Started in a truck camper, moved to a fifth wheel and now live in a class A. We decided to get a Jeep and since have been really excited about getting away from people and enjoying a different kind of vehicle travel. We feel the “Overland” environment is exciting and the RV world is a means to an end. Anyway, looking forward to building my knowledge with you all!
2016 JKU Rubicon, RTT, 2.5 inch lift on 35 ATs, overload OME suspension.

Attachments

adr1ru

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Athens, TN
First Name
AD
Last Name
Wade
Member #

Welcome! I a novice too. I'm over in Clarksville TN. If you look under Rallies, you see that there is a monthly meet up in Knoxville. That might be worth the drive. I'll have to see if I can make a run over some time! Look forward to getting out and meeting new people to bestow some knowledge on me!!!
Hey Chuck,
Sorry for the delay in my reply, I'm still finding my way around this place. Looks like we're about 4hrs apart, how's that for Social Distancing? ha, ha. I can't recall being in Clarksville offhand, but I do remember riding up to Paducah, KY about a decade ago for a motorcycle gathering so I had to have passed by it. I'll look at the Rallies you mentioned and see if we can't make one sometime.