Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Malin
Member #

Current Vehicle: 2007 Lexus GX470
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Have been car camping, backpacking, canoe camping for decades. I did some off-roading in XJs around Moab and in the southeast in the early 2000s.

We have a 23’ Outdoors RV trailer that we tow with a 2015 Suburban and camped about 40 nights last year. had a goal for more this year, but that will probably be difficult with COVID.

Family of 5: me, my wife and 3 boys (5 to 12 yo). We want to spend as much time in the outdoors as possible. We came across Expedition Overland and watched the first three seasons as a family over the winter, so here we are.

We found the GX already built for off-roading and felt like we got a great deal on it. Now we are working on building it out the rest of the way so that we can at least start some weekend trips. Excited to join the community.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2007 Lexus GX470
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: Have been car camping, backpacking, canoe camping for decades. I did some off-roading in XJs around Moab and in the southeast in the early 2000s.

We have a 23’ Outdoors RV trailer that we tow with a 2015 Suburban and camped about 40 nights last year. had a goal for more this year, but that will probably be difficult with COVID.

Family of 5: me, my wife and 3 boys (5 to 12 yo). We want to spend as much time in the outdoors as possible. We came across Expedition Overland and watched the first three seasons as a family over the winter, so here we are.

We found the GX already built for off-roading and felt like we got a great deal on it. Now we are working on building it out the rest of the way so that we can at least start some weekend trips. Excited to join the community.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI!

Im pretty new to overlanding. I came across it while looking into truck camper builds, and this seems like a great community! I don't do any super long, off grid trips right now, but have done a couple weekend trips into state and national parks with my 2010 Nissan Frontier with an ARE toolbox on the bed. My truck is definitely a light duty, weekend warrior build currently, but will soon be built up to be a MEDIUM duty, weekend warrior build.

Thanks for listening and stay safe!
-Philip
Welcome to Overland Bound Philip.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives to you are @JRElaxED & @Zombie

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I must have made an account awhile ago and gotten sidetracked before I checked things out, but I'm back to dive in now.

I'm from Fort Nelson, BC, Canada. It's a small town in northern BC, but I'm sure many of you have driven through as it is the last grocery store for quite a while on the Alaska Highway.

I drive a 2012 Tacoma that's quite modified and my wife has a 2007 FJ Cruiser that is much closer to stock (just a mild lift, 33s, skids and front bumper). The Tacoma is our main exploration vehicle, but I love how similar the maintenance is on the two vehicles and how many parts they have in common. It makes my life much easier. The FJ comes along when we're going deep into the Backcountry to provide some redundancy and peace of mind.

We have explored a good portion of our corner of the country and before we met I did more vehicle based adventuring into the US. We did a cross country trip a couple years ago, but we've been busy with work and masters degrees so we haven't been on a big trip in awhile. We're planning to get out there and do a trip to Tuk and Alaska this summer if the Covid-19 situation has improved by then.

I look forward to poking around to see what this community is all about
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My name is JD, new member here located in Ocala Florida. My wife and I have a 2004 Subaru Forester outfitted with basic gear, lift kit, AT tires, VLSD, and RTT. We have a little crew of myself, my wife, our daughter and two dogs. We’re excited to learn and begin our overlanding journey and put our rig and ourselves to the test. :)
Welcome To Overland Bound JD.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Overland Expo east is in October;
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: JD_moto

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My names Dominic, new to the group! Rocking a 2020 Rav4, lifted and camping platform interior..living in Greer SC
Welcome To Overland Bound Dominic.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for letting me join I'm new to over landing! Went out this past weekend great time

Rig(17 Jeep renegade) thinking about finding an old keep or 4runner
Area (Eastern Pennsylvania)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
San Jose, in my best Steve Martin voice, I'm somebody!View attachment 151017
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Tri-Valley Livermore CA Great way to get to know other members in the Bay Area. They plan trips and conduct training monthly.
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone

Rig: 2018 Jeep Jk Golden Eagle Edition
Experience: moderate

Enjoying trail riding, technical riding and exploring the great outdoors. Overlanding has always been a passion. Hoping to see it grow here in my area.
Welcome To Overland Bound.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

Cool site! Just got turned on to it by a fellow from Lubbock. I just bought his 17" rims to fit on my Sahara so I can finally ditch the P.O'.s too wide E rated 18's. Been around vehicles all my life, did a bit of road racing, fly airplanes, always wrenching on old motorcycles. Got the Jeep a few months ago since I always wanted one. Great fun so far!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone!

Mike here from San Diego. Found this forum originally from watching overloading YouTube videos!

I have a stock 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 classic 4x4 that I'm preparing to start building out. New wheels and tires come in next week.

Looking forward to learning from you all being a part of the community!

Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum.

I got interested in overlanding after I bought my 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4. I have been watching a lot of overlanding videos.
I have been modifying the toyota and it's semi ready for a major road trip.
I am based in SF Bay Area.View attachment 150991

View attachment 150991
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
The Tri-Valley meet-up in Livermore CA meets monthly. @PapaDave is the contact

Hisroad Travels

Rank IV

Traveler III

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
HnJ
Last Name
McDonald
Member #

Hello! My name is JD, new member here located in Ocala Florida. My wife and I have a 2004 Subaru Forester outfitted with basic gear, lift kit, AT tires, VLSD, and RTT. We have a little crew of myself, my wife, our daughter and two dogs. We’re excited to learn and begin our overlanding journey and put our rig and ourselves to the test. :)
Hello JD, welcome to the OB community.
Welcome!!

Reactions: JD_moto and Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
San Jose, in my best Steve Martin voice, I'm somebody!View attachment 151017
(In Steve Martin’s voice) You son of a motherless goat! Name that movie...

Hi Sean

Welcome! I was born and raised in San Jose! Almaden Valley to be precise.
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up might be online again for May, but check out the forum thread and there’ll be regular updates there

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum.

I got interested in overlanding after I bought my 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4. I have been watching a lot of overlanding videos.
I have been modifying the toyota and it's semi ready for a major road trip.
I am based in SF Bay Area.View attachment 150991

View attachment 150991
Hey Kam, welcome!

A fellow Livermoron!
The rig looks great. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up might be online again for May, but check out the forum thread and there’ll be regular updates there

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

JohnKeller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Keller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FIQ
Hello all, my names Jeremy, ive heard alot of good things about Overland Bound and im glad to be a part of it.
I drive a 2006 Hummer H3, Im from Eufaula Al. I get out and adventure whenever im able, overlanding is a good stress relief!View attachment 150921
Welcome from Park City Utah