Launch Member

Contributor I

Fort Wayne, IN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Hello everyone! Overlanding beginner here, wanting to immerse myself in the culture and connect with the outdoors once again after city living for a while.

Rig: 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Experience: Not a whole lot

Attachments

BBrennan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Brennan
Member #

Hello Overlander's
My Name is Brad Brennan. I was born in New Orleans, LA. I resigned primary in Las Vegas, NV but travel back and forth between the two cities.

I started Overlanding back in the mid 90s with a 1991 Range Rover lifted with tall pizza cutter tires. (Thin was in) Overlanded ended when I moved to Las Vegas. I changed my hobby to road racing my 997 with Porsche Club Racing team. Last year I blow my 997 engine in the last race. So, now the overloading bug is back. I started hitting the trails over the last year, but have found very quickly that off roading friends are not very reliable showing up. I believe and found traveling in groups is safer and more fun.

Rig: 2016 Supercharged 4Runner Trail, Icon lift, Icon rims, hidden front Warn winch, sliders etc....
Mods Coming: Roof Rack, Light Bar, More Lights

Sorry, for the ramble, not used to being trapped at home. B

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi I’m a New Member.
My names Glenn, 45, married with 3 kids. I’m from the Central Coast NSW Australia. Ive been driving Passenger Electric and Diesel Trains for over 15 years.
Have camped/traveled my whole life. Most recent big trip was a 5000 mile outback trip here in Oz 6 months ago with 2 work mates.
In 99 I spent over 6 months back packing doing a full lap of USA then went to UK for all of 2000.
Have always been an Air cooled VW guy traveling in my Kombi (Now sold). But wanting to go further off the beaten track I now have a Nissan Navara NP300 2017 ST 2.3TD. I’m currently getting quotes to upgrade my suspension, bar work and adding other necessities.
Any way that’s enough for now. Pics of me at Uluru 6 months ago, my old Kombi and my current Nissan
View attachment 138570View attachment 138571View attachment 138572
Hi and Welcome Glenn...Have you joined the Overland Bound NSW FB group!

4Runnin'

Rank 0

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Sandler
Hello!

I am new to Overlanding, living here in Phoenix, AZ. I have experience in camping and backpacking/hiking.

We have a 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road, in the process of placing a roof rack (Front Runner Streamline 2) and roof top tent (Treeline Tamarack constellation). We are looking forward to beginning our Overlanding journey!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@4Runnin' ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a meet up in Gilbert once life gets back to normal.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

agoodson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

Can't go wrong with a Tacoma. What type are you looking at? I've had both long bed 2nd gen and 3rd gen shortbed. The short is definitely more nimble on the trails from my experience.
Looking at the possibility of a new 3rd gen. They really are "proud" of them :) . I think that's the way I will go though. The shortbed versus longbed was the topic of discussion last night, when we went to a dealer lot to look around (no one was there). While the longbed might be slightly more useful in day to day life. Like you said, it would be more nimble on the trails. So, if I can find the right deal looking for a new TRD Pro with the short bed. Then I will probably add a winch and bumper right away. But don't plan to do much more to it, until I drive it some and figure out what I really need.

Did you have a cover for your bed? I'm trying to decide if that's something I want. I can see how it would be nice, but I also think it would be a pain whenever you need to haul something.

Thanks,
ADG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I am new to Overlanding, living here in Phoenix, AZ. I have experience in camping and backpacking/hiking.

We have a 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road, in the process of placing a roof rack (Front Runner Streamline 2) and roof top tent (Treeline Tamarack constellation). We are looking forward to beginning our Overlanding journey!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 146927
Los Angeles, CA
1996 Chevrolet Blazer
Intermediate
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlander's
My Name is Brad Brennan. I was born in New Orleans, LA. I resigned primary in Las Vegas, NV but travel back and forth between the two cities.

I started Overlanding back in the mid 90s with a 1991 Range Rover lifted with tall pizza cutter tires. (Thin was in) Overlanded ended when I moved to Las Vegas. I changed my hobby to road racing my 997 with Porsche Club Racing team. Last year I blow my 997 engine in the last race. So, now the overloading bug is back. I started hitting the trails over the last year, but have found very quickly that off roading friends are not very reliable showing up. I believe and found traveling in groups is safer and more fun.

Rig: 2016 Supercharged 4Runner Trail, Icon lift, Icon rims, hidden front Warn winch, sliders etc....
Mods Coming: Roof Rack, Light Bar, More Lights

Sorry, for the ramble, not used to being trapped at home. B
Welcome to Overland Bound Brad.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @HappyOurOverlanding (NV)
There is a meet-up in Las Vegas that gets together on a regular basis.
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,
Names Scott
live in West Palm Beach, Fl currently and have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Former Navy Corpsman with the Marines so i have some vehicle based "Camping" experience. Mostly very dry and hot. Looking forward to meeting and learning from whom i can.
Welcome To Overland Bound Scott.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! Overlanding beginner here, wanting to immerse myself in the culture and connect with the outdoors once again after city living for a while.

Rig: 2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Experience: Not a whole lot
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just bought a 2018 Wrangler JLU, live in the Bay Area, but next year moving to Northern Utah. I am only just starting out, and looking for some beginner trails to create memories with my kids.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
When you move to Utah the Regional Director is @Cendee and the closest Member Representative is @A-Aron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Matthew here,

Felt it would be good to join for more info on traveling through south america and products.
Currently rolling around Africa in my shorty pajero.
Rig: 2007 Mitsubish Pajero shorty 3.2DID
Experience: Advanced in remote travel

looking forward to seeing some intersting builds with new products that may help me out. mainly to lighten my load.

Welcome to Overland Bound Matthew.
If you need any help in Africa don't hesitate to contact our local Member Representative @Get Out GO.
We look forward to seeing some posts about your adventures.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!

New member here, just joined the community, i've been into overlanding for a few years, although only recently got the truck and getting ready to get some trips under my belt, so i'm not new to the scene and been following the majority of major youtubers and groups etc, however really can't wait to hit the road and get some of my own trips under my belt.

i've got a land cruiser colorado (uk version of the prado) its 2002 and done 167k miles on its 3.0 D4D turbodiesel. Its in great condition for its age, and so far is proving to be a sturdy reliable truck.

Obviously as this is the coronavirus pandemic at time of writing i'm housebound along with everyone else but would love to hear from people who are on here with any ideas on what i could do to the rig.

i'm in Leeds in England.

current plans for the truck are as follows
- professional underseal as the current protection is starting to come off and needs a new layer
- new wheels and tyres, its on the standard toyota three spoke alloys, and has cooper all terrains but they are quite old, so think it would benefit from some new ones
- need to find some rock sliders for it
- roof rack and maybe a light bar
- going to flush all the diff and gearbox oils whilst locked in the house
- want to flush and renew the coolant as don't know how long its been in there

overlanding mods i want

- awning
- dual battery set up, maybe with solar
- roof tent or kit out the back for sleep not decided
- rear drawer setup
- fridge

but most of all im just looking forward to getting a trip going even if im in a ground tent or just throw a matress in the back, desperate for some camp fire banter.

thanks all!

Nate
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

Just signed up! Currently using a Kawasaki KLR 650 for adventures. With my age...errr experience, considering 4 wheels. Currently looking at a 3rd Gen Tacoma. Live in Nashville, TN, so primary stomping grounds are in the Southeast. Have a son stationed in Southern Cali and planning an overland trip to see him.

Any advice on a 4 wheeled rig, comments on the bike, or thoughts on a route to California from Middle Tennessee, are ALL WELCOMED!!!

Been poking around on the forum, seems like a great group. Can't wait to meet people.

Glad to be here.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Rrjones2u
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u @BlueLineOverland