Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Callum
I live in the Sea to Sky corridor of British Columbia in Canada.
My rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD PRO (atleast it started out as one....)
I've been overlanding for the past couple of years, before that I was mostly just into offroading by itself, or camping by hiking places. View attachment 146776
Welcome to Overland Bound Callum.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Dornan1

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I'm James living in Texas and brand new to this site. Just became a member and waiting on my member number.

1) Unfortunately I don't have a picture handy right now.
2) Texas Hill Country (aka Central Texas)
3) Rig: 2008 Ford F-150 Crew Cab.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice (to say the least) I like to occasionally car camp and go hike. Hoping to do a lot more of it soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound James.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks.

My name is Jake and I am currently based in StL, MO. My start in all this began in my home state of Minnesota where I spent many days exploring the millions of acres in Superior National Forest. Now that my family lives in Missouri, it has opened up my opportunities to explore many other parts of the country.

I am an outfitter/manager at an outdoors shop, a photographer, freelance writer and like you all a travel junkie. My adventure rig is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport and before that a Subaru Outback (still own). The Outback has been MOSTLY retired to daily driving. Love them both and they serve my family well.

Cheers all and I look forward to the conversation.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jake.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @Iwata77 @BlueLineOverland

Reactions: Iwata77 and Jake T

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Randy (@RandyD), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Dante, I’m from the south Texas area and new to overlanding. My rig is a 2013 Silverado Z71. Recently added an ARE camper top. The truck has a leveling kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around. Will be upgrading the suspension soon so if y’all have any recommendations let me know, looking to get around 10in of travel or so. Excited to get this build going and hitting the trails soon!View attachment 146637
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Dante (@Dleal), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in South Texas you are but we do have a re-occurring meet up in Round Rock (https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/) if that's anywhere close to you. I know close is a relative term in Texas.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James (@jrheikk ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a meet up in Round Rock (https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/) when the current state of affairs passes.

• Love
Reactions: Kent R and jrheikk

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi I'm Callum
I live in the Sea to Sky corridor of British Columbia in Canada.
My rig is a 2019 Tacoma TRD PRO (atleast it started out as one....)
I've been overlanding for the past couple of years, before that I was mostly just into offroading by itself, or camping by hiking places. View attachment 146776
Hello Callum, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Dornan1

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi folks.

My name is Jake and I am currently based in StL, MO. My start in all this began in my home state of Minnesota where I spent many days exploring the millions of acres in Superior National Forest. Now that my family lives in Missouri, it has opened up my opportunities to explore many other parts of the country.

I am an outfitter/manager at an outdoors shop, a photographer, freelance writer and like you all a travel junkie. My adventure rig is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport and before that a Subaru Outback (still own). The Outback has been MOSTLY retired to daily driving. Love them both and they serve my family well.

Cheers all and I look forward to the conversation.
Hi Jake! Welcome from NE Oklahoma

agoodson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

Hello all,

Just signed up! Currently using a Kawasaki KLR 650 for adventures. With my age...errr experience, considering 4 wheels. Currently looking at a 3rd Gen Tacoma. Live in Nashville, TN, so primary stomping grounds are in the Southeast. Have a son stationed in Southern Cali and planning an overland trip to see him.

Any advice on a 4 wheeled rig, comments on the bike, or thoughts on a route to California from Middle Tennessee, are ALL WELCOMED!!!

Been poking around on the forum, seems like a great group. Can't wait to meet people.

Glad to be here.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello all,

Just signed up! Currently using a Kawasaki KLR 650 for adventures. With my age...errr experience, considering 4 wheels. Currently looking at a 3rd Gen Tacoma. Live in Nashville, TN, so primary stomping grounds are in the Southeast. Have a son stationed in Southern Cali and planning an overland trip to see him.

Any advice on a 4 wheeled rig, comments on the bike, or thoughts on a route to California from Middle Tennessee, are ALL WELCOMED!!!

Been poking around on the forum, seems like a great group. Can't wait to meet people.

Glad to be here.
Welcome Andy! Switched over to 4 wheels years ago but still have an XR650L in the garage. Pity you are so far away!
Any ideas on the TN to CA run? If you hit MT, NV or OR let me know and I point you at some fun stuff.
Tacomas are nice and I looked but did not fit so well, ended up with a JKU and love it!

agoodson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

Welcome Andy! Switched over to 4 wheels years ago but still have an XR650L in the garage. Pity you are so far away!
Any ideas on the TN to CA run? If you hit MT, NV or OR let me know and I point you at some fun stuff.
Tacomas are nice and I looked but did not fit so well, ended up with a JKU and love it!
Thanks Greg!!

Both of my son's have jeeps and I have really considered it. This will be by daily driver, so I need a pick-up. The Gladiator is on my mind, but think the cost and MPG will be better on the Tacoma.

Will for sure reach out if I head that way. Love Oregon.

Thanks,
ADG

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

nateoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Hi Everyone!

New member here, just joined the community, i've been into overlanding for a few years, although only recently got the truck and getting ready to get some trips under my belt, so i'm not new to the scene and been following the majority of major youtubers and groups etc, however really can't wait to hit the road and get some of my own trips under my belt.

i've got a land cruiser colorado (uk version of the prado) its 2002 and done 167k miles on its 3.0 D4D turbodiesel. Its in great condition for its age, and so far is proving to be a sturdy reliable truck.

Obviously as this is the coronavirus pandemic at time of writing i'm housebound along with everyone else but would love to hear from people who are on here with any ideas on what i could do to the rig.

i'm in Leeds in England.

current plans for the truck are as follows
- professional underseal as the current protection is starting to come off and needs a new layer
- new wheels and tyres, its on the standard toyota three spoke alloys, and has cooper all terrains but they are quite old, so think it would benefit from some new ones
- need to find some rock sliders for it
- roof rack and maybe a light bar
- going to flush all the diff and gearbox oils whilst locked in the house
- want to flush and renew the coolant as don't know how long its been in there

overlanding mods i want

- awning
- dual battery set up, maybe with solar
- roof tent or kit out the back for sleep not decided
- rear drawer setup
- fridge

but most of all im just looking forward to getting a trip going even if im in a ground tent or just throw a matress in the back, desperate for some camp fire banter.

thanks all!

Nate

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi Everyone!

New member here, just joined the community, i've been into overlanding for a few years, although only recently got the truck and getting ready to get some trips under my belt, so i'm not new to the scene and been following the majority of major youtubers and groups etc, however really can't wait to hit the road and get some of my own trips under my belt.
Welcome Nate! A lot of us would rather be around the campfire right now! Pull a chair up to the virtual campfire (the forums) and enjoy! You should be able to find your local member rep and they might help you plug in locally. Take a look at adventures in Rally Point and get to know some local folks - we can still dream and plan!

nateoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Welcome Nate! A lot of us would rather be around the campfire right now! Pull a chair up to the virtual campfire (the forums) and enjoy! You should be able to find your local member rep and they might help you plug in locally. Take a look at adventures in Rally Point and get to know some local folks - we can still dream and plan!
Thanks Greg, yes still plenty of dreaming to do, and also a lot of time to watch youtube! i've been ordering stuff online whilst i can, who knows if that will be shut down soon so at least i can do my drivetrain maintenance jobs.

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

WrongTurn

Rank II

Enthusiast III

DRC
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Allen
Hello,
Matthew here,

Felt it would be good to join for more info on traveling through south america and products.
Currently rolling around Africa in my shorty pajero.
Rig: 2007 Mitsubish Pajero shorty 3.2DID
Experience: Advanced in remote travel

looking forward to seeing some intersting builds with new products that may help me out. mainly to lighten my load.

Last edited:

Dornan1

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Pemberton, BC, Canada
First Name
Callum
Last Name
Dornan
Member #

Hello all,

Glad to be here.
Can't go wrong with a Tacoma. What type are you looking at? I've had both long bed 2nd gen and 3rd gen shortbed. The short is definitely more nimble on the trails from my experience.