Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody! My name is Simon and I'm currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A British Army Veteran who's permanent home is in France. Have overlanded all over Western Europe for the past 30 years in a number of different vehcles- mainly Land Rovers and an Isuzu DMax. Been in Dubai since 2014 and currently running an overland kitted 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy the different range of tracks here from tight wadis to desert sand.
Our plan is to drive back to France when we finish our work contracts here, so looking forward to the big trip in a couple of years, but in the meantime will continue to experience what the region has to offer as much as possible.View attachment 146618View attachment 146619View attachment 146620
Welcome to Overland Bound Simon.
In the UAE we don't have many members but they are active, you might want to contact @BenH to see whats up with other members. Our West Europe Director Dave Spinks is also a vet and has done lots of long distance travel he is a great resource. @Polaris Overland

Reactions: Ubiety

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Randy D, Chandler Arizona. Doc_Random on IH8MUD. 2007 4Runner and 1997 LX450. Fairly experienced but have not done much wheeling in recent years.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982.
@brien can get you information about local meet-ups in your area.

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Ubiety

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. My name is Scott Matsuda and I'm in the Los Angeles County area of Southern California. I'm new to Overlanding and have very little prior off-road experience.

I have a '19 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU which I have just started to build up.

I'm excited about the Overlanding experience and I look forward to hitting the trails.
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello everyone. My name is Scott Matsuda and I'm in the Los Angeles County area of Southern California. I'm new to Overlanding and have very little prior off-road experience.

I have a '19 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU which I have just started to build up.

I'm excited about the Overlanding experience and I look forward to hitting the trails.
Welcome! You have found an awesome community full of folks who want to help and learn. Congrats on the new Jeep!

Reactions: Kent R

Dleal

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Texas, USA
First Name
Dante
Last Name
Leal
Hello everyone, my name is Dante, I’m from the south Texas area and new to overlanding. My rig is a 2013 Silverado Z71. Recently added an ARE camper top. The truck has a leveling kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around. Will be upgrading the suspension soon so if y’all have any recommendations let me know, looking to get around 10in of travel or so. Excited to get this build going and hitting the trails soon!EC0E868F-1EC4-43D5-A615-2D1D620B2043.jpeg

Jake T

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saint Louis, MO
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Trost
Member #

Hi folks.

My name is Jake and I am currently based in StL, MO. My start in all this began in my home state of Minnesota where I spent many days exploring the millions of acres in Superior National Forest. Now that my family lives in Missouri, it has opened up my opportunities to explore many other parts of the country.

I am an outfitter/manager at an outdoors shop, a photographer, freelance writer and like you all a travel junkie. My adventure rig is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport and before that a Subaru Outback (still own). The Outback has been MOSTLY retired to daily driving. Love them both and they serve my family well.

Cheers all and I look forward to the conversation.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello everyone, my name is Dante, I’m from the south Texas area and new to overlanding. My rig is a 2013 Silverado Z71. Recently added an ARE camper top. The truck has a leveling kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around. Will be upgrading the suspension soon so if y’all have any recommendations let me know, looking to get around 10in of travel or so. Excited to get this build going and hitting the trails soon!View attachment 146637
Welcome! Looks like you have a great project going! My son, a Chevy guy, would approve! Keep us posted on your progress. One of my best buds lives in DFW and keeps trying to get me down there either permanently or for a visit.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi folks.

My name is Jake and I am currently based in StL, MO. My start in all this began in my home state of Minnesota where I spent many days exploring the millions of acres in Superior National Forest. Now that my family lives in Missouri, it has opened up my opportunities to explore many other parts of the country.

I am an outfitter/manager at an outdoors shop, a photographer, freelance writer and like you all a travel junkie. My adventure rig is a 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport and before that a Subaru Outback (still own). The Outback has been MOSTLY retired to daily driving. Love them both and they serve my family well.

Welcome! Like your Milky Way shot!

Contributor I

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Peters
Hello, CB and Erica Stevens, from Virginia USA, joining up! We’ve got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator that we’re still slowly fitting out, and which is also CB’s daily driver. We’re very experienced travelers but neophyte overlanders... excited to get started! Looking forward to advice and guidance from the community, especially any ideas for putting together a first trip in our local (Virginia) area...since we’re kind of at a loss as to where and how to start...View attachment 143412
Nice rig!

AJVentures

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
S
Hey John!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March, April, and beyond! Our next meet up is Saturday April 11th, 1-3pm at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Hi Dave!

Thanks for the info! I'd love to join you all for a weekend and connect! How is COVID19 impacting the event schedule?

- John

AJVentures

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Mountain View, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
S
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact @PapaDave who is probably closer to you. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike
Hi Mike!

Thank you for reaching out! I've started looking into different threads and love what I've found so far!

Looking forward to meeting you out there!

-John

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everybody! My name is Simon and I'm currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A British Army Veteran who's permanent home is in France. Have overlanded all over Western Europe for the past 30 years in a number of different vehcles- mainly Land Rovers and an Isuzu DMax. Been in Dubai since 2014 and currently running an overland kitted 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy the different range of tracks here from tight wadis to desert sand.
Our plan is to drive back to France when we finish our work contracts here, so looking forward to the big trip in a couple of years, but in the meantime will continue to experience what the region has to offer as much as possible.View attachment 146618View attachment 146619View attachment 146620
Hello Simon, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi folks.

Hello Jake, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and Jake T

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 146621
Hello everyone. My name is Lee, I'm new to the overland community but have a lot of offroading experience. I've owed a few Jeeps XJs CJs and YJs but only did offroad trails in them, never camped out of them. I am located in North Augusta, SC.

My truck is a 2012 GMC 2500HD crew cab 4x4. It may look like a pretty pavement queen but that's only because I run a vinyl wrap business, so I can wrap it regularly and keep it looking new!
Hello Lee, welcome to the OB community.

DammOverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Augusta, SC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Dammon
Hello everyone, my name is Dante, I’m from the south Texas area and new to overlanding. My rig is a 2013 Silverado Z71. Recently added an ARE camper top. The truck has a leveling kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks all the way around. Will be upgrading the suspension soon so if y’all have any recommendations let me know, looking to get around 10in of travel or so. Excited to get this build going and hitting the trails soon!View attachment 146637
Glad to see another full size GM on here. I am interested to learn what people recommend as far as lifts for these trucks

Reactions: Kent R and Big G

jrheikk

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Stonewall, TX, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Heikkenen
Member #

Hello all, I'm James living in Texas and brand new to this site. Just became a member and waiting on my member number.

1) Unfortunately I don't have a picture handy right now.
2) Texas Hill Country (aka Central Texas)
3) Rig: 2008 Ford F-150 Crew Cab.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice (to say the least) I like to occasionally car camp and go hike. Hoping to do a lot more of it soon.