Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi All!

Rig: 2014 4Runner Limited
Experience: Years of experience backpacking, fishing, and exploring - on foot. Brand New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning from and connecting with you all!
Bought the 4Runner to bring a young special-needs family member to the outdoors we all know and love!

Reach out anytime if you're into any of the following! Always interested in new adventures!
1) Fantastic Views
2) Fishing Opportunities
3) Gorgeous Hikes
4) Family Friendly Spots
5) Overnight Camping
Hey John!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March, April, and beyond! Our next meet up is Saturday April 11th, 1-3pm at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All!

Rig: 2014 4Runner Limited
Experience: Years of experience backpacking, fishing, and exploring - on foot. Brand New to Overlanding. Looking forward to learning from and connecting with you all!
Bought the 4Runner to bring a young special-needs family member to the outdoors we all know and love!

Reach out anytime if you're into any of the following! Always interested in new adventures!
1) Fantastic Views
2) Fishing Opportunities
3) Gorgeous Hikes
4) Family Friendly Spots
5) Overnight Camping
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

shocwav3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clifton
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cicero
Member #

Hi everybody, I am Anthony. I am from Bergen County NJ where there are zero places to overland! An hour or 2 in most directions get me to where I need to be. (open to suggestions)

Brand spanking new to overlanding. Been at it a few months, with just a handful of overnighters.
I figure getting out slow will help me figure out the gear I "need" vs. want.

Bought a 2002 Sequioa with 250k on the clock, rotten frame and a set of 2wd rav4 tires on it. Did all the baseline maintenance ( new T belt, thermo, vc gaskets, fluids, wheels bearings). Repaired all the frame rot, 2.5 Rancho quick lift in front, springs in rear, front diff spacers. I found a used set of FJ wheels and tires that fit right on (I think I will go up to 33's when she needs tires). Did a custom winch mount for under the stock bumper, sliders, custom roof rack I made from some random stuff I had laying around.

Really enjoying the build and the reward so far. Learning as I go!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody, I am Anthony. I am from Bergen County NJ where there are zero places to overland! An hour or 2 in most directions get me to where I need to be. (open to suggestions)

Brand spanking new to overlanding. Been at it a few months, with just a handful of overnighters.

Bought a 2002 Sequioa with 250k on the clock, rotten frame and a set of 2wd rav4 tires on it. Did all the baseline maintenance ( new T belt, thermo, vc gaskets, fluids, wheels bearings). Repaired all the frame rot, 2.5 Rancho quick lift in front, springs in rear, front diff spacers. I found a used set of FJ wheels and tires that fit right on (I think I will go up to 33's when she needs tires). Did a custom winch mount for under the stock bumper, sliders, custom roof rack I made from some random stuff I had laying around.

Welcome to Overland Bound Anthony.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Mike Kerby here.

I have a 2018 GMC Canyon Denali Diesel 4X4
I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas
I am a novice overlander but have always exploring new roads.

View attachment 146432
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982. There is a DFW meet-up that happens every once and awhile, contact Prerunner for details if you are interested.

Sashimilvr

Rank III

Contributor III

Juniper Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Matsuda
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Scott Matsuda and I'm in the Los Angeles County area of Southern California. I'm new to Overlanding and have very little prior off-road experience.

I have a '19 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU which I have just started to build up.

I'm excited about the Overlanding experience and I look forward to hitting the trails.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. My name is Scott Matsuda and I'm in the Los Angeles County area of Southern California. I'm new to Overlanding and have very little prior off-road experience.

I have a '19 Jeep Wrangler Sport JLU which I have just started to build up.

I'm excited about the Overlanding experience and I look forward to hitting the trails.
Hello Scott, welcome to OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Welcome to the OB community Anthony.

Reactions: shocwav3 and Kent R

Mountain Spirit Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Dubai United Arab Emirates
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Alderson
Member #

Hi Everybody! My name is Simon and I'm currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A British Army Veteran who's permanent home is in France. Have overlanded all over Western Europe for the past 30 years in a number of different vehcles- mainly Land Rovers and an Isuzu DMax. Been in Dubai since 2014 and currently running an overland kitted 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy the different range of tracks here from tight wadis to desert sand.
Our plan is to drive back to France when we finish our work contracts here, so looking forward to the big trip in a couple of years, but in the meantime will continue to experience what the region has to offer as much as possible.IMG_20190929_211128_963.jpgIMG_20200320_191847_349.jpgIMG-20200320-WA0007.jpg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi Everybody! My name is Simon and I'm currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A British Army Veteran who's permanent home is in France. Have overlanded all over Western Europe for the past 30 years in a number of different vehcles- mainly Land Rovers and an Isuzu DMax. Been in Dubai since 2014 and currently running an overland kitted 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy the different range of tracks here from tight wadis to desert sand.
Our plan is to drive back to France when we finish our work contracts here, so looking forward to the big trip in a couple of years, but in the meantime will continue to experience what the region has to offer as much as possible.View attachment 146618View attachment 146619View attachment 146620
Welcome Simon! Nice looking JKU! Sounds like a great adventure!

Reactions: Kent R

DammOverland

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Augusta, SC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Dammon
IMG_20200213_170916_977.jpg
Hello everyone. My name is Lee, I'm new to the overland community but have a lot of offroading experience. I've owed a few Jeeps XJs CJs and YJs but only did offroad trails in them, never camped out of them. I am located in North Augusta, SC.

My truck is a 2012 GMC 2500HD crew cab 4x4. It may look like a pretty pavement queen but that's only because I run a vinyl wrap business, so I can wrap it regularly and keep it looking new!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 146621
Hello everyone. My name is Lee, I'm new to the overland community but have a lot of offroading experience. I've owed a few Jeeps XJs CJs and YJs but only did offroad trails in them, never camped out of them. I am located in North Augusta, SC.

My truck is a 2012 GMC 2500HD crew cab 4x4. It may look like a pretty pavement queen but that's only because I run a vinyl wrap business, so I can wrap it regularly and keep it looking new!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Ubiety