Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO

AdAstraOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kansas
I love running through random unexpected small towns and stumbling across historic sites/markers while we're out adventuring

Sorry, but i think we're gonna need some photo proof, LOL
LOL, certainly not mountainous, but the Flint Hills can be quite stunning, I live in the GlacialHills along the Missouri River, & SE has part of the Boston Mtns (sub-range of the Ozarks)

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
LOL, certainly not mountainous, but the Flint Hills can be quite stunning, I live in the GlacialHills along the Missouri River, & SE has part of the Boston Mtns (sub-range of the Ozarks)
I just googled some photos of Flint Hills, wow, incredible looking! And it's so strikingly different from what i'm used to here in AZ, which makes it all the more interesting to me

photo sourced from: https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/background_nationalgeographic_1053943/

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
View attachment 74421
Saw you’re in Tucson. My wife and I were in Sedona 2 weeks ago for our honeymoon. We rented this 17’ jeep and took it on Devils Rd and Shnebly pass. Absolutely beautiful out there.
Beautiful area up there! There's so many interesting places to explore in this state, i do feel spoiled at times

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
View attachment 74421
Saw you’re in Tucson. My wife and I were in Sedona 2 weeks ago for our honeymoon. We rented this 17’ jeep and took it on Devils Rd and Shnebly pass. Absolutely beautiful out there.
I was down in and around Tucson there working in the early summer. My work took me up the mountain daily. Was surprised of see the black bear/cub road signs on the way near the ski lodge.

Reactions: brien

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Hi, I'm Brett. I'm quite new to overlanding but used to do a lot of backpacking in Colorado. I'm currently in northern NJ. From the looks of it there aren't a lot of trails close to where I live, but that's the joy of overlanding and I'm always looking for a good adventure. I currently have a 100% stock 06' GX470.
Welcome Brett. I'm new here too & from the South part of your new state. Lemme know how I can help!

Reactions: GXOutlaw

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! I am a new member from Rocky Top, TN. My current rig is a 2010 Jeep JK. I am completely new to overlanding, but have been a Jeep owner for years and have some experience off roading. I am/was an avid backpacker, but due to a recent injury I will not be doing any serious hiking for a while, which ultimately led me to giving overlanding a try. I've been stalking the forums for a while and have gotten a lot of great information to help me get started. I look forward to getting to meet new people and getting to experience all that overlanding has to offer.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: AdAstraOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So I guess it's my turn then? Lol

Well, my name is NightRunner and I'm relatively new to the Overland lifestyle. I say that because whereas I've never really been involved with it, I've always enjoyed the idea and wanted to try it out myself. Sadly, all of my vehicles are 2WD and to have the eligible ones swapped over to a SAS setup would be very costly. I might be brave, but I'm not "off-roading in a 2WD brave" :P

That being said, our local Craigslist ad page is always buzzing with new and interesting vehicles to play with. I'm partial to Chevrolets/GMCs myself, so I would love to find an S10/Blazer 4WD variant for a decent price but with my latest move I have to put a pause on my extracurricular activities to boost my "play" money account back up. My mind is always buzzing with fun ideas on things to do to vehicles so that account tends to get a little skimpy from time to time.

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see what opportunities I can get involved with on this forum and I'm happy to have accidentally stumbled across this group from Google Images. :)

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 74377
N.E. Kansas
‘08 LR3
Somewhat experienced
I’ve always had a bit of wonderlust and enjoyed all sorts of outdoor activities and adventure. Much of this was fueled throughout Boy Scouts and a career in the military.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: AdAstraOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Brett. I'm quite new to overlanding but used to do a lot of backpacking in Colorado. I'm currently in northern NJ. From the looks of it there aren't a lot of trails close to where I live, but that's the joy of overlanding and I'm always looking for a good adventure. I currently have a 100% stock 06' GX470.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello I'm Joss and I am new to overlanding. I have no experience whatsoever and wanted to join a forum to get a better idea of what it entails, hopefully I gain some knowledge and prepare for my first overland weekend or something. I live in Colorado and will probably be overlanding in a 2012 Nissan Pathfinder.

@Kent R

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi I am Allan from Southern California and I am new to Overlanding.
Rig: 2009 Honda Pilot 2wd - recently got 2 in. Readylift kit installed - next is wheels and tires
Experience: Rookie
I pretty much want to get into Overlanding and learn from all of you. I know my rig wont be able to do those crazy trails I just want to get out there and go on an adventure.
Hello Allen,
Glad you came and joined up to this great site! Lots of knowledge and great people here. See you around, Benz.