Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all! New member here in Tampa, FL! I've been camping my whole life and have traveled the country a bit in pursuit of the perfect spot! Looking forward to meet some new faces at Expo East next week.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
Nice trailer
@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Lower Delaware
'89 Land Rover Defender 110, hi-cap pick up
Bought this rig to get the family out on the beach and in the woods every chance we get.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
Nice Defender
@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, I am a new member from the middle of Mississippi.

@Kent R

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Just joined.

1) Pictures: Coming
2) Location: Blue Ridge, GA
3) Rig#1 2013 Honda Pilot, no mods | Rig#2 2017 Subaru Forester Touring 2.5i; 225-65-18 BFG Advantage Sport
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I live on the side of a mountain so all my vehicles have to be 4x4. Only the driveway so far.

"Fortune favors the prepared mind"
Hello BlueRidgeOverland,
I also live on the side of a drop off from a Plateau and have a dirt road, 4-1/2 miles long and 2000’ of elevation to get to and from home. Like you, all my rigs are 4x4 out of actual need if I want to get home each day.

This is a great site and group of people here. Welcome! Benz.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I'm Sean!

1) Picture: (hopefully the upload worked...)

2) Location: Gloucester County, VA is where I'm at normally, but York County, PA happens quite a bit as well
3) Rig: 2001 Jeep Cherokee(XJ), 6.5" lift, 35" Tires, Body armor all around (well, still working on that), and more stuff to come.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Not quite a novice, but not quite experienced as well. Most of my overlanding consisted of HMMVEE sort of stuff. I have done some decent running with my various jeeps over the years as well.
Hello Sean,
Welcome! Glad to see another new member driving a Jeep XJ. Hope you checkout some of the great Jeep XJ builds in the Jeep section. Benz.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

New member and would love to help anyone in the western North Carolina area and clean up trails. Own a 88 Ford F-250 and have access to a few other more capable vehicles and hands. Wife, son and I love the outdoors and hope we fount a site were we can meet new lads that live to do the same
Hello Krazie, welcome, to this awesome site and group of like minded Overlanders. Myself and others enjoy exploring and will take the time also to clean up the trash left by others when needed. My Family has always been outdoorsy, and well I just grew up that way! Benz.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello OB. I'm tyler in gig harbor, wa. Been offroading in the XJ scene for a while. After a few years hiatus I'm back looking to explore, this time in a more spacious, family oriented rig. Bought last June it's a 2018 4runner trd orp. Already fitted some things with much more to come.
Hello T4R_ty,
Welcome, glad to see some more members in my neck of the woods! If you are ever out by Lake Chelan, would love to say hi. Benz.

Reactions: RicketyOnion

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Welcome Tyler! Always great to see another member up in Washington. Just a word of warning, the longer you stay on this site, the longer your list of "much more to come" will get... but it is incredible fun getting that list checked off, so well worth it. The PNW is just now starting to get really energized , so you might want to stop in the forum for the Northwest (AK, ID, WA, OR) Region: Forum Link. I know there is some work going on behind the scenes to get a meet-up going in the Tacoma area, so watch that forum as well as the Overland Bound Meetups forum for more information: Forum Link. There is also some pre-planning going on for a Washington meet-up, but it isn't likely to happen before the new year.
True words! Benz.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi I'm trying to get the hang of it

Rig: 2016 jeep jku
Over land experience: novice
Why overland?: I'm love nature and I want to show my kids the beauty of our planet.
Welcome Ruben! You are doing the right thing to take your kids out and show them the great outdoors! We have three of our own and they LOVE adventuring (almost as much as screen time, hah)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm trying to get the hang of it

Rig: 2016 jeep jku
Over land experience: novice
Why overland?: I'm love nature and I want to show my kids the beauty of our planet.

Im trying to get a meet-up started in the Houston area so stand by.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Ruben de leon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2010 Tundra Dbl Cab
Over land experience: Fair amount
Why overland?: Who doesn't love road trips / exploring
View attachment 74487

@Kent R

LoneStarFlatLanders

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Van Alstyne, Texas, USA
Member #

I ordered a 2019 Ford Ranger a few weeks ago. It is optioned just like the one in this picture except that the interior is Ebony. I am looking forward to getting out and exploring with it. I've had sports cars for years and owned a cattle ranch for a while. So it's been a few years since I've had a 4x4.

I live in Van Alstyne, Texas (Northeast of Dallas) with my wife. We have 2 kids, a son-in-law, and a grandson. We are especially looking forward to getting our grandson out on the trails.

As far as my experience goes, I would consider myself a novice. Who else would go out and buy a brand new truck and then take it off road! :laughing: I do have a few friends, though, that are very experience overlanders.

Looking forward to meeting folks and getting out on the trails!

Attachments

Crashnzuk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all, new here
Some may recognize the screen name as I'm on several other boards.
I live in Sacramento CA
My vehicle is an 87 K/5 Blazer, 350, auto, 2.5" lift, 35s, locked front, LS rear, warn 8274 hung on the front.
I'm not new to 4 wheeling, just new to living out of my rig. We have gone from tent to truck camper to now a travel trailer, but I really want to do some more remote camping where you can't take a camper or trailer. Looking forward to reading how everyone gets it done.
Travis..

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I ordered a 2019 Ford Ranger a few weeks ago. It is optioned just like the one in this picture except that the interior is Ebony. I am looking forward to getting out and exploring with it. I've had sports cars for years and owned a cattle ranch for a while. So it's been a few years since I've had a 4x4.

I live in Van Alstyne, Texas (Northeast of Dallas) with my wife. We have 2 kids, a son-in-law, and a grandson. We are especially looking forward to getting our grandson out on the trails.

As far as my experience goes, I would consider myself a novice. Who else would go out and buy a brand new truck and then take it off road! :laughing: I do have a few friends, though, that are very experience overlanders.

Looking forward to meeting folks and getting out on the trails!
Welcome! i'm looking forward to hearing about your Ranger, definitely start up a build thread if you make changes. I know a lot of people around here are keeping a close eye on that "new" platform.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hey all, new here
Some may recognize the screen name as I'm on several other boards.
I live in Sacramento CA
My vehicle is an 87 K/5 Blazer, 350, auto, 2.5" lift, 35s, locked front, LS rear, warn 8274 hung on the front.
I'm not new to 4 wheeling, just new to living out of my rig. We have gone from tent to truck camper to now a travel trailer, but I really want to do some more remote camping where you can't take a camper or trailer. Looking forward to reading how everyone gets it done.
Travis..
Welcome, Travis!

Daboyz2

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona
Novice to all this but love to get out and explore. Just got my 4runner last week and excited to slowly make it more my own and going out and hitting the trails. Occasionally camp out at the beaches in Mexico but nothing extreme. More pictures to come hopefully after some outdoor activities.

2019 Stock 4runner TRD Off Rd Premium

Attachments