Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Ahoy hoy! My name is Nick LeFort, but most people call me "Viking" or "Ragged Viking". The first on account of the way I look, and the second because I spend quite a bit of time on Ragged Mountain in my hometown. I'm happily married with two wonderful little girls and the three of us get "out there in it" as much as possible - whether on foot or by vehicle.

I've been hiking and camping since I was a kid and started off-roading the day I bought my first truck at 17. The idea of "overlanding" is new to me - but not foreign; so I am really excited to see it growing like it is - with people and products in the USA.

In regards to the vehicle, I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner. I picked up the rig on a whim and only expected it to last 6-8 months. Here were are a couple of years later and I've put some money into the engine, suspension, tires, and the such. I worked for Thule as their Fit Engineer for ten years, so I relied on their base system and accessories for quite some time but recently upgraded to Rhino-Racks as they're actually rated for off-road use. I have their Pioneer SX platform with Foxwing Awning (and Tagalong Tent). I carry along a shovel, hatchet, and Maxtrax daily, but up the gear list considerably when we head out on adventures.

Anyway. I don't post a lot on forums - but I am always here to learn and teach.
... My badge will be here in 2-3 weeks.

Welcome!

Not sure if it's just on my end, but your pics aren't comin' through.

NicJ

Rank I

Contributor III

hello Everyone!
My Name is Nicolas, I'm a french guy and moved to Canada this summer to study. I'll stay here for 2 years!
I'm staying in Sherbrooke, in Quebec
I bought a 2003 Chevy Blazer and have no experience in off-road and overlanding.

Right now it is totally stock, with no lift or additionnal features, but i plan to travel a lot with it, not only on road.
I'll probably add some protection plates under it and a home made roofrack if do more off-road kind stuff
I'll try this week end to sleep in it by going to the US!

I really wish to go travel off the beaten path with it, It,s my first 4x4 so I want to discover off roading.
I don't know any good trails on which I wouldn't destroy my truck and how to find some. I hope that I'll be able to find people to go make this truck dirty and discover beautiful places ;)
I don't think I'll do heavy mods on it since I have a limited budget and will probably have to sell it back when going back to france in two years, but I'm not sure if i'll go back to france ? :) things can change in two years!

I'd

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

hello Everyone!
My Name is Nicolas, I'm a french guy and moved to Canada this summer to study. I'll stay here for 2 years!
I'm staying in Sherbrooke, in Quebec
I bought a 2003 Chevy Blazer and have no experience in off-road and overlanding.

Right now it is totally stock, with no lift or additionnal features, but i plan to travel a lot with it, not only on road.
I'll probably add some protection plates under it and a home made roofrack if do more off-road kind stuff
I'll try this week end to sleep in it by going to the US!

I really wish to go travel off the beaten path with it, It,s my first 4x4 so I want to discover off roading.
I don't know any good trails on which I wouldn't destroy my truck and how to find some. I hope that I'll be able to find people to go make this truck dirty and discover beautiful places ;)
I don't think I'll do heavy mods on it since I have a limited budget and will probably have to sell it back when going back to france in two years, but I'm not sure if i'll go back to france ? :) things can change in two years!

I'd

Welcome! Nice ride. Good potential there! If you're ever out in the Washington area and want to do some adventuring, hollar!

NicJ

Rank I

Contributor III

I'll probably go there one day! It's a pretty long trip but I plan on going to BC during the summer, if my car survives untill then :) Right now I have some issues with the brakes. I suspect the brake lines to be obstructed, my front brakes don't release very well, but I was able tu push back the pistons with vise grips when changing the pads

Reactions: Jose and TheMcCalls

tubbsisland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

85016 Phoenix Az
Member #

Hello all, My name is Cliff. I live in Phoenix AZ and work in sales at SDHQ Offroad in Gilbert AZ. I've built a number of trucks, currently I own a 2008 Toyota Tacoma that is a little over done and might be better suited for a longer, faster Mexico trips. I just picked up a 2017 Tacoma that we are currently tearing into here at the shop as a more conventional build.

If anyone is in need of parts in the Phoenix area do not hesitate to give me a call. We stock everything from the smallest fitting and plumbing item to complete bumpers winches and fabrication supplies. Happy to be apart of the OB team.

HatchetMatt

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Fort Laramie, WY, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Pancake
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RFN
Service Branch
USMC
Hello Fellow Overlanders!
Matt and Maricela here.
We've been overlanding since '92. First in a 92 Ford F-150, 98 Nissan Pathfinder and now a 2104 Toyota Tacoma.
We love getting out there and experiencing the glory of the creation. Hiking, biking, kayaking, photography, video, food and good times.
We may be going full time for awhile as soon as we sell the house in Sacramento Ca. We'll be wandering in search of a retirement location.
Should be one hell of a Adventure!
You can watch some our videos on YouTube - M&M Overland Adventures
Thanks for having us along for the ride and hope to see you out there.

Badger Claw

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hello from Texas! Been lurking the forums and Instagram for quite some time and finally decided it was time to join and start contributing. Recently received my member #2170 badge with is proudly displayed on my 2007 Xterra. Quick bit about me....
I live in San Antonio, TX however am a native of Washington state (been in Texas for about 11 years and yes i miss my Cascades!!) Have an amazing wife and 3 kids (ages 4, 8 and 10) and we are an active outdoor and road tripping (whether on or off road) family. I am a self employed. I run a small outfitting company...specifically crafting custom leather and waxed canvas goods. I also lead guided hunts in the Texas hill country during white tail season and teach and educate boy scouts in areas concerning wilderness skills, hiking, camping, etc. My 2007 Xterra 4x4 is my work horse. I run it hard all year long all especially during fall and winter where it serves as base-camp during the hunting season. Looking forward to getting to know more folks here and hopefully link up with some other Texas members. Thanks again!
Cheers~
John Maynard
www.badgerclawleatherworks.com
@badger_claw_leather
Explore - Adventure - Discover

Last edited:

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Gday mate welcome to the crew great to see another aussie here :)
Cheers,

Good to be back amongst good company, kudos to all involved getting OB back up and running securely.

Have an essay due but will be contributing to the members ride section shortly. We have a big trip coming up to Tasmania so outfitting like a mad man.

Until then members can follow us on our trip and prep at instagram -@triptothetriangle

Derek

Ps - How can I find out my OB member number and upgrade account member status? (Edit: will message admin).

BrunySpec

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Canberra, Australia
Member #

Hello all, representing from Utah here. Joined today. And yes, I searched for this thread, because there doesn't need to be another "new guy here" post. [emoji1598] glad to be here!

Welcome, love the bar work!

As an Australian I have always been curious but never had the chance to ask, is its main function to prevent tip over or fending off deer?

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthStar96

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Hello Fellow Overlanders!
Matt and Maricela here.
We've been overlanding since '92. First in a 92 Ford F-150, 98 Nissan Pathfinder and now a 2104 Toyota Tacoma.
We love getting out there and experiencing the glory of the creation. Hiking, biking, kayaking, photography, video, food and good times.
We may be going full time for awhile as soon as we sell the house in Sacramento Ca. We'll be wandering in search of a retirement location.
Should be one hell of a Adventure!
You can watch some our videos on YouTube - M&M Overland Adventures
Thanks for having us along for the ride and hope to see you out there.
What a great video, thanks for sharing! If you ever get up to the Washington area and want to go adventuring, hollar!