Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

Well, its my turn... I haven't seen this thread before...

1) Picture:

2) Location (General area is fine)
Mexico City, MX... yes, the only member in whole mexico (that appears on the map)
upload_2016-10-17_18-58-14.png
3) Rig:
2011 Toyota Tacoma
3" OME Lift
255/80/17 KM2
ARB front bumper
Custom: -Rear bumper, sliders, skidplates,
Lots of LED lights

4) Overlanding Experience Background
As an overlander... Im a novice... I love to travel, but most of my campings/trails are for 1 or 2 nights at most... Still lot to learn before a trip I want to do to Alaska!

If you are in Mexico for vacations, business or just because, let me know!!!!

CombatMech

Rank I

Contributor II

Hello all.... New to the forum and new to Overlanding.
Live and work in Dallas Texas, looking to relocate someplace out west. I had lived near Reno, Nevada and have missed it ever since moving back to Texas. I am a recently retired Navy Chief.
My current rig is a 2000 Chevrolet K3500 6.5L Turbo Diesel, crew cab long bed. I've had the truck for a long while and have done several camping trips with it. I have so many ideas as to what to do with it.
I'll post pics at a later date. Looking to turn it into a rig that could be out on the trail for the weekend, possibly longer. We'll see.
Looking forward to getting away from the concrete jungle.

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Welcome, love the bar work!

As an Australian I have always been curious but never had the chance to ask, is its main function to prevent tip over or fending off deer?
More of a looks thing. I have dipped the winch into the sand out here in Moab. I'm sure it would save me from a forward roll if needed ha but I have also hit a deer. So, yes. And, yes. It was on my 1989 Cherokee when I bought it and just kept it in the family.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi everyone. Been lurking for a while. Time to make it official so I can join in on the fun. I'm from Livermore, CA and I drive a 2011 Nissan Frontier.

Welcome to the group,

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Hi everyone.

1. LLocation: Montgomery, AL
2. Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2. Experience: Novice

I found out about you guys on Instagram. Ever since I bought my Jeep, I get the urge to get out and explore. To my surprise, their is a community for it. So I'm happy to be here and learn all I can about this new and exciting lifestyle.
Welcome!! This is probably the friendliest online group I've found. No petty bickering over brands or modifications. Solid folks with a common interest and a huge pool of knowledge! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Reactions: TheMcCalls

Grocery_runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Marcaida
Member #

Hello all!

New member here #2207 from SoCal, Los Angeles to be exact.

I'm a complete newbie to overlanding...
Have been an avid hiker for 15+ years and have got into backpacking the last 2.
The fiancé (soon to be wife) have had Many road/camping trips from SoCal and north into Yosemite. We've also ventured out to Arizona and Itah a few times.

Have a few buddies into off-roading/pre running but pushing my daily rig to the limits isn't what I'm into.

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins megacab
Due to the longer wheel base, I won't be crawling up any awesome trails :cry:. So bring me back some dirt while I keep the BBQ hot at base camp :tonguewink:

Plans: camper shell and rack over shell and cab.
Still debating on RTT vs keeping gear on roof. More upgrades to follow!!

Aiming to do more adventures in California, AZ, Utah and New Mexico. Cheers y'all!

Last edited:

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hello all!

New member here #2207 from SoCal, Los Angeles to be exact.

I'm a complete newbie to overlanding...
Have been an avid hiker for 15+ years and have got into backpacking the last 2.
The fiancé (soon to be wife) have had Many road/camping trips from SoCal and north into Yosemite. We've also ventured out to Arizona and Itah a few times.

Have a few buddies into off-roading/pre running but pushing my daily rig to the limits isn't what I'm into.

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Cummins megacab
Due to the longer wheel base, I won't be crawling up any awesome trails :cry:. So bring me back some dirt while I keep the BBQ hot at base camp :tonguewink:

Plans: camper shell and rack over shell and cab.
Still debating on RTT vs keeping gear on roof. More upgrades to follow!!

Aiming to do more adventures in California, AZ, Utah and New Mexico. Cheers y'all!

Nice to see another CTD, Welcome to the group!

Reactions: Grocery_runner