Charles
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Hi everyone.

1. LLocation: Montgomery, AL
2. Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2. Experience: Novice

I found out about you guys on Instagram. Ever since I bought my Jeep, I get the urge to get out and explore. To my surprise, their is a community for it. So I'm happy to be here and learn all I can about this new and exciting lifestyle.

Hi there. I am in Mobile. You can also check out Alabama Overland. I know that there are some members in your area.

Reactions: Irlbrandon

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

1. Location - Auburn, WA (just outside Seattle)
2. Rig - 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
3. Experience - Minimal

Hey all,
My wife and I just moved out here to the PNW a couple years ago from Michigan. We love to get outdoors, hike, and camp, but most campsites out here are super overcrowded. Read an article in Seattle Met last year about overlanding, and instantly knew it was for us. I just bought my rig a few weeks ago, and am looking forward to breakin' 'er in! Lookin' forward to meeting some of you, and if you're ever in the area and need a place to crash, hollar!
Cheers!
Chris and LizIMG_0662.JPG

Chris Arnesen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hillsboro, OR
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Arnesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU7PDX
Just came across this forum a couple of days ago and wanted to get signed up!

My wife and I are located just outside of Portland, Oregon (Hillsboro) and will be buying a 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty (SuperCab Lariat with automatic TorqShift transmission) early next year from a relative.

We've done a couple of off-road day-trips in the truck already and have had a great time, so once we buy it I would like to start outfitting it to be able to do extended trips here in the northwest. I'm also very active with the local Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) and I've been an amateur radio license holder since 2005 (currently KU7PDX, Extra Class).

Thanks for having this great resource and I look forward to learning a lot more!

TheMcCalls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Auburn, WA
Member #

Just came across this forum a couple of days ago and wanted to get signed up!

My wife and I are located just outside of Portland, Oregon (Hillsboro) and will be buying a 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty (SuperCab Lariat with automatic TorqShift transmission) early next year from a relative.

We've done a couple of off-road day-trips in the truck already and have had a great time, so once we buy it I would like to start outfitting it to be able to do extended trips here in the northwest. I'm also very active with the local Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) and I've been an amateur radio license holder since 2005 (currently KU7PDX, Extra Class).

Thanks for having this great resource and I look forward to learning a lot more!
Hey there, welcome! I'm pretty new myself, but it seems like a great community thus far.

We're up in Seattle, so once you get your rig, hollar and we can plan an outting!

Reactions: Chris Arnesen

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

1. Location - Auburn, WA (just outside Seattle)
2. Rig - 2014 Ram 1500 4x4
3. Experience - Minimal

Hey all,
My wife and I just moved out here to the PNW a couple years ago from Michigan. We love to get outdoors, hike, and camp, but most campsites out here are super overcrowded. Read an article in Seattle Met last year about overlanding, and instantly knew it was for us. I just bought my rig a few weeks ago, and am looking forward to breakin' 'er in! Lookin' forward to meeting some of you, and if you're ever in the area and need a place to crash, hollar!
Cheers!
Chris and LizView attachment 8701
View attachment 8702 Hello all,
I am from Bellingham, Wa
I drive a 2004 Dodge 2500
I call myself a novice for now... wheeling and camping for a while, just not "overlanding"

Here is our rig all packed for Moab....
Loving all the fullsize trucks, we may need to start a new thread for fullsize guys. those new RAMs are sexy. 5.7L or 6.4?

Reactions: Chris Arnesen

Influencer II

Hey I'm Rebecca Ryan Long. We have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. We just put on an ARE cap which we love. We are doing a few more things this week (baskets etc). My Husband Jeremy drives a 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK and both of our vehicles will be participating in the 2017 Overland Challenge in NH. I race cars (Rally X and Drag) so the truck doubles as my tow rig for the two race cars. He belongs to the NOVA Jeep club. Anyone live in VA, MD, WV, NC, DE that gets together to camp Or goes offloading (rock crawling) Hit us up!

We live in Spotsylvania VA

My Facebook:

www.facebook.com/Rebecca Ryan Long

Or my Instagram: Rebecca_ryan_long_racing

His: ax_the_jeep_dog

Attachments

Last edited:

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Ahoy hoy! My name is Nick LeFort, but most people call me "Viking" or "Ragged Viking". The first on account of the way I look, and the second because I spend quite a bit of time on Ragged Mountain in my hometown. I'm happily married with two wonderful little girls and the three of us get "out there in it" as much as possible - whether on foot or by vehicle.

I've been hiking and camping since I was a kid and started off-roading the day I bought my first truck at 17. The idea of "overlanding" is new to me - but not foreign; so I am really excited to see it growing like it is - with people and products in the USA.

In regards to the vehicle, I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner. I picked up the rig on a whim and only expected it to last 6-8 months. Here were are a couple of years later and I've put some money into the engine, suspension, tires, and the such. I worked for Thule as their Fit Engineer for ten years, so I relied on their base system and accessories for quite some time but recently upgraded to Rhino-Racks as they're actually rated for off-road use. I have their Pioneer SX platform with Foxwing Awning (and Tagalong Tent). I carry along a shovel, hatchet, and Maxtrax daily, but up the gear list considerably when we head out on adventures.

Anyway. I don't post a lot on forums - but I am always here to learn and teach.
... My badge will be here in 2-3 weeks.