• HTML tutorial

UFOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, UT
Member #

IMG_3625.JPG Hello Fellow Overlanders!
My name is Logan Best, I currently reside in beautiful Southern Utah. I am a college student but I make as much time for exploration as possible! I have two rigs: My primary rig is my 1987 Nissan Pathfinder with just over 106K on the clock. I bought it in May. It is all original and quite spectacular all around. I hate bragging but it really is a gem! I am very lucky. My other rig is a rusty 1993 Toyota 4Runner(22RE), my daily driver. Both vehicles I use for exploration of this wonderful area. I've had a passion for overlanding ever since I bought my first car (another 2nd gen Toyota 4Runner with a 22RE). Unfortunately it was destroyed in a head on collision by a careless driver. Nonetheless, I now have two great rigs and I'm happy to be a part of this community. I want to let everyone know that if you are ever passing through southern Utah, please let me know and I would love to meet you and show you around! Cheers!
PS. I am constantly posting photos of my excursions on Instagram....so if you would like to connect, follow me on instagram@ _logs45_

Wander Offroad

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Yuma, AZ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Estes
Member #

Hello, new to the forum but not new to overlanding. We (Wife and I) drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with a 3.5" lift, Toyo MT 35x12.5OR18 Open Country Tires, with Metal Moto 18" MO961. I have a build thread over on Wrangler Forum (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f314/my-2015-tank-build-1192441.html).
We are in the process of building an overland trailer and look forward to getting out again soon. We live in North Georgia, and love getting out into the mountains (what little we have here). We have made several trips out west - most recently through 17 states including Arizona, Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.

Looking forward to making some friends, learning and sharing some knowledge.

2016-05-17 15.36.10.jpg 2016-05-22 12.49.36.jpg 2016-05-24 14.03.02.jpg 2016-05-31 12.01.53.jpg

AlexG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kingsburg, CA
Member #

Hey Guys, New to the forums.
Let me introduce myself,
You can call me Alex, I'm located in the Central Valley of California. I'm relatively new to the idea of overlanding. I really like the message that this community is getting across about the topic. My favorite thing to do on the weekend is to spend a night along side the lake while doing some fishing. Love the seclusion of the forest and the idea of being out there alone yet self sufficient and prepared.

Rig: 2003 Dodge Durango 4.7L 4wd
To bad the Street Market took to these vehicles and not so much the Off Road Market. Parts are hard to find, especially since its a 13 year old model. But these things will surprise you.
Any ways, that's basically me.
DSC04846.JPG

Last edited:

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Hello All,
Nickname is ArmyofMike, been for a long time...no military experience unfortunately.
I have followed Overland Bound on Instagram and enjoy the adventures and outdoor fellowship. That Camel Land Rover was legitness!

1) Location (General area is fine) Central California, Sierras-Shaver Area, Sequoia area, and much in between.
2) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 3" lift, 35" M/S, Smitty Winch, Ore Fab Tire Carrier, Rock Hard Patriot Sliders...lots of other goodies.
3) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) Experienced. I am a member of the County Search and Rescue Mountaineering Team, avid backpacker and outdoorsman. If I can carry 72+ hours on my back, overlanding is a slice of cake (and I could literally take cake!) Also a soon to be Cub Scout Leader! I know much of the Shaver and Huntington areas well.

Well, enough about me. Thanks for having me and carry on!

TrEx

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Des Moines, Iowa
Member #

My name is Tyler Pickett.

I'm from Central Iowa.
Rig is a '03 Ford Excursion.
Very little experience to overlanding, however I have done lots of tent & RV camping in campgrounds. It'll be tough being from Iowa, but plan on getting overland trips in on every vacation time from work I have. We (wife & 4 kids) just got back from Wyoming, Montana & Idaho. Started out as a Yellowstone trip (which was beautiful), but really ended up not spending much time in the park. We went up through the Pryor's of Montana and saw the wild horses & Pen's Cabin. We also did lots of backcountry Idaho roads. I think we all fell in love.
Man, I wanna move now.

WJ_Cody

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey all--new guy here.

I'm a native Californian now living in Eastern North Dakota. Enjoying the cold and the wide-open spaces! My rig is a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (4.7) with Select-Trac II. I've been into cars all my life and done lots of tinkering and fixing, but this is my first 4x4 and I'm loving it. So far I've taken my WJ up into the CA mountains, and all over the prairie up here in North Dakota. I'm always impressed by how this thing gets through snow and mud.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and getting into more overlanding. Cheers!

Reactions: Narbob

nparker72

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Akron, Ohio
Member #

My name is Tyler Pickett.

I'm from Central Iowa.
Rig is a '03 Ford Excursion.
Very little experience to overlanding, however I have done lots of tent & RV camping in campgrounds. It'll be tough being from Iowa, but plan on getting overland trips in on every vacation time from work I have. We (wife & 4 kids) just got back from Wyoming, Montana & Idaho. Started out as a Yellowstone trip (which was beautiful), but really ended up not spending much time in the park. We went up through the Pryor's of Montana and saw the wild horses & Pen's Cabin. We also did lots of backcountry Idaho roads. I think we all fell in love.
Man, I wanna move now.
Nice to see more Fullsize vehicles coming on here, relatively new here as well, plan on making the same trip you just did, just all the way from Ohio this coming summer in 2017, so if you got any tips on where to stop or that I should add to my list that would be much appreciated!

Welcome and Enjoy!

ColoradoPacific

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fort Collins, CO
Member #

Hi All!!

Somehow it took me way too long to discover this page. Just joined a couple days ago. Unfortunately I'm at work and don't have any pictures of my truck at the moment. Will get some posted this weekend.

Looking forward to some great discussions, and hopefully meeting up with some of you in the future. Lots of really nice setups here!!

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

So, I've been a member for a while (Founding 500), but recently just started reading and posting regularly. Life has a way of getting in the way... if you know what I mean. Formal introduction finally...

Rig: 2012 Land Rover Discovery 4
Overlanding Experience: I consider myself fairly experienced, but there is always room to learn more.

Anyway, hoping there are some other women out there who share the same passion and looking forward to "meeting" some of them. Thank you Michael and Corrie for providing an awesome online clubhouse for the like minded to share experiences and ideas!

Last edited:

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Hi guys! My name is Aaron, I've been following OB on Facebook for a while but somehow did not realize there was a forum until tonight's note about the site maintenance. Joined up right away and wanted to introduce myself.

Anyway, I am sort of homeless. My wife and I live to travel so we decided to make it our life, about a year ago we sold everything we own and moved into an Airstream travel trailer to explore the country full-time while working remotely. We free/dry camp almost exclusively and like to stay as far off the beaten path as our rig will allow. We drag it around with a RAM Power Wagon so that we can explore in confidence whenever we're unhitched.

The truck is a 2015 and nearly stock, with the exception of 35" KO2's, and an ARE Z series shell for storage and (mostly) weekend camping trips away from the trailer. It's also setup with a Kenwood D710g and Larsen NMO2/70b for comms (similar rig in the trailer).

The trailer is an 2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk (purchased used). I've converted the rear bedroom into an office, installed a Natures Head composting toilet, and 800W of solar. We can go for weeks without plugging in, running a generator, moving, or dumping. We really only move the trailer when we're ready for a change of scenery. Unfortunately I do have to be online for work, so that limits the places we can really spend time, but I also installed a cell booster and bigger antennas to stretch that as much as possible.

Even as a full time traveler, I think I'm too comfortable to call myself much of an overlander. I'm big on preparedness and recovery, and exploring in confidence. We get the truck dirty as often as possible but I'd love to invest a bit more into it so we can spend more time in remote places. Eventually I'd love to be able to store the trailer for a few weeks at a time and live from the truck.

Looks like you've got a great group here, and I'm excited to join. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with some of you sometime.

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi guys! My name is Aaron, I've been following OB on Facebook for a while but somehow did not realize there was a forum until tonight's note about the site maintenance. Joined up right away and wanted to introduce myself.

Anyway, I am sort of homeless. My wife and I live to travel so we decided to make it our life, about a year ago we sold everything we own and moved into an Airstream travel trailer to explore the country full-time while working remotely. We free/dry camp almost exclusively and like to stay as far off the beaten path as our rig will allow. We drag it around with a RAM Power Wagon so that we can explore in confidence whenever we're unhitched.

The truck is a 2015 and nearly stock, with the exception of 35" KO2's, and an ARE Z series shell for storage and (mostly) weekend camping trips away from the trailer. It's also setup with a Kenwood D710g and Larsen NMO2/70b for comms (similar rig in the trailer).

The trailer is an 2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30FB Bunk (purchased used). I've converted the rear bedroom into an office, installed a Natures Head composting toilet, and 800W of solar. We can go for weeks without plugging in, running a generator, moving, or dumping. We really only move the trailer when we're ready for a change of scenery. Unfortunately I do have to be online for work, so that limits the places we can really spend time, but I also installed a cell booster and bigger antennas to stretch that as much as possible.

Even as a full time traveler, I think I'm too comfortable to call myself much of an overlander. I'm big on preparedness and recovery, and exploring in confidence. We get the truck dirty as often as possible but I'd love to invest a bit more into it so we can spend more time in remote places. Eventually I'd love to be able to store the trailer for a few weeks at a time and live from the truck.

Looks like you've got a great group here, and I'm excited to join. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with some of you sometime.

Welcome!!! What an awesome setup! You are truly "Living the Dream".

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi everyone.

1. LLocation: Montgomery, AL
2. Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2. Experience: Novice

I found out about you guys on Instagram. Ever since I bought my Jeep, I get the urge to get out and explore. To my surprise, their is a community for it. So I'm happy to be here and learn all I can about this new and exciting lifestyle.
Welcome!!!

Rodtheviking

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hi everyone.

1. LLocation: Montgomery, AL
2. Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2. Experience: Novice

I found out about you guys on Instagram. Ever since I bought my Jeep, I get the urge to get out and explore. To my surprise, their is a community for it. So I'm happy to be here and learn all I can about this new and exciting lifestyle.

Welcome!