Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi everyone, new member (obviously, I guess). I'm John

Rig: 2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: fair. We did lots of trips when i was a kid in our '71 Westy, including Manhattan Beach to Vancouver and back, and several trips to Ensenada from San Diego. Most recently we did a 9800 mile trek around the country, with several hundred miles of 4x4 Trails including the White Rim Trail and the Old Mojave Road. My first real introduction was the 2015 Vermont Overland Rally, and we will be there again this September.

Looking forward to navigating the forums and meeting new people.
Welcome to the forums.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Thanks Steve! So far she looks exactly like she does in my avatar. I haven't been able to get much work done because I am a poor college student lol. But I am hoping to get all the drive-train parts I have put into her soon when we can figure out what we are doing.

If I can work up the energy, I'll be sure to post a build thread!
Nice looking rig you have there. Welcome to the community!

Bailey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

image.jpeg Hey crew I'm Bailey, I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door. I live in Scottsdale AZ with a passion for exploring. I'm probably one of the youngest ones here (18) but while everyone else is partying I'm gettin "lost" in the desert just seeing what cool things I can find. I wouldn't call myself an expert at overlanding but I'm no beginner either! I'm excited I found this club and I'm happy to be a part of it! Thank you!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 3174 Hey crew I'm Bailey, I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door. I live in Scottsdale AZ with a passion for exploring. I'm probably one of the youngest ones here (18) but while everyone else is partying I'm gettin "lost" in the desert just seeing what cool things I can find. I wouldn't call myself an expert at overlanding but I'm no beginner either! I'm excited I found this club and I'm happy to be a part of it! Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hi ,I'm Dusty ,my wife and I are based out of Northern Ky,we have a 97 Jeep Tj that has taken us on most of our adventures,but I bought a Jeep Commander last winter and it's been taking over the duties more and more.ive been exploring all my life since my dad dragged us all over when we were kids.id say I've got just above average experience either in wheeling or repairing.its hard to rate because I just love getting out ..we lived in Texaa and Arizona for about 13 years and really miss it out west and try to get on road whenever we can...thanks so much!!!

billiardspintail

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Jose, CA
First Name
Bryce
Last Name
McNab
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNT
Ah, but at least you bought it and have a project to work on over time. When I was a poor college student, I found a used '57 Pontiac ambulance for sale, and I couldn't talk myself into taking on more debt to buy it, even though it was relatively cheap at the time. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I'd done so.
It was quite a trip to get her. I'm in the Bay Area in California (Near SF) and we needed to drive to Portland, OR to get it. I'm glad I did, but I do wish it could have been stored nearby. It's at a friends ranch right now because I'm in a little apartment with no garage.

Reactions: Steve

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi ,I'm Dusty ,my wife and I are based out of Northern Ky,we have a 97 Jeep Tj that has taken us on most of our adventures,but I bought a Jeep Commander last winter and it's been taking over the duties more and more.ive been exploring all my life since my dad dragged us all over when we were kids.id say I've got just above average experience either in wheeling or repairing.its hard to rate because I just love getting out ..we lived in Texaa and Arizona for about 13 years and really miss it out west and try to get on road whenever we can...thanks so much!!!
Welcome to the forum. There's a few of us who are meeting up in Indiana for some off road fun June 25/26th if your interested. We have a thread going in the meet up section titled Redbird SRA. I think there's another guy from Kentucky coming to it.

Reactions: ElDusto

ElDusto

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Missoula County, Montana, United States
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
S.
Member #

Welcome to the forum. There's a few of us who are meeting up in Indiana for some off road fun June 25/26th if your interested. We have a thread going in the meet up section titled Redbird SRA. I think there's another guy from Kentucky coming to it.

Oh cool,yeah I don't think we have any thing planned that weekend,my wife's bday is the weekend before..ill check out that thread for sure and see what we are doing !...thanks

Reactions: ShawnR

mikereg

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Hi all! So I'm just starting to work on making the 4R off-roadable to an extent. Can anyone recommend brands for hi-lift jack, shovel and axe? Also, I have the crossbars, and I wanted to know if there's gear out there to attach the three things to the cross bars, without the need of a roof rack. Let me know! Any info is highly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Reactions: Byron Eby

Mademan925

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

discovery bay, ca 94505
Member #

Hey Guys. My name is nick or (mademan925) on instagram or tacomaworld.

1. I'm from Pleasanton, CA but recently moved to Discovery Bay, CA
2. I drive a 2014 Toyota Tacoma double cab trd offroad with a few mods. (dual batteries, solar, fridge, bumpers, winch, skids, sliders, Long travel suspension, 35 inch tires, regeared to 4.56, snorkel, rock lights, on board air, and I pull an offroad trailer made out of a Caltrans trailer with fox shocks, jeep leaf springs, a tepui grand sabana tent, and a fox wing awning.

3. I've been over landing about two weekends a month for the last few years.

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

View attachment 3174 Hey crew I'm Bailey, I drive a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door. I live in Scottsdale AZ with a passion for exploring. I'm probably one of the youngest ones here (18) but while everyone else is partying I'm gettin "lost" in the desert just seeing what cool things I can find. I wouldn't call myself an expert at overlanding but I'm no beginner either! I'm excited I found this club and I'm happy to be a part of it! Thank you!
Sweet rig and welcome to OB!

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Beautiful trailer and rig!

2. I drive a 2014 Toyota Tacoma double cab trd offroad with a few mods. (dual batteries, solar, fridge, bumpers, winch, skids, sliders, Long travel suspension, 35 inch tires, regeared to 4.56, snorkel, rock lights, on board air, and I pull an offroad trailer made out of a Caltrans trailer with fox shocks, jeep leaf springs, a tepui grand sabana tent, and a fox wing awning.

Reactions: Mademan925