Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

because I am a poor college student
Ah, but at least you bought it and have a project to work on over time. When I was a poor college student, I found a used '57 Pontiac ambulance for sale, and I couldn't talk myself into taking on more debt to buy it, even though it was relatively cheap at the time. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I'd done so.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey Y'all,
First day here. My current rig is a newly acquired 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4wd DCSB. And home base is Austin, TX.
Continuously looking to find the balance between taking enough time off to go on adventures, and making enough money to pay for adventures.
Look forward to getting to know some of y'all and running into a few of you in the wild.
Welcome to the forum.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@sarsaparilla Welcome! We have a pretty good size group in Texas...granted you're all a day or so driving apart, but check out our Region Thread and look up Texas!

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hi everyone, new member (obviously, I guess). I'm John

Rig: 2014 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Experience: fair. We did lots of trips when i was a kid in our '71 Westy, including Manhattan Beach to Vancouver and back, and several trips to Ensenada from San Diego. Most recently we did a 9800 mile trek around the country, with several hundred miles of 4x4 Trails including the White Rim Trail and the Old Mojave Road. My first real introduction was the 2015 Vermont Overland Rally, and we will be there again this September.

Looking forward to navigating the forums and meeting new people.
My vote for best screen name! post some pictures of that huge trip! That sounds amazing...

r_vdb

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Upland, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone,
Rigs: Ford e-350 Project @adventurevan5
Toyota 4Runner & Tacoma (work & play)
Somewhat experienced in overlanding.
Stoked on this new app for Overland Bound!

2014 Ford E-350 @adventurevan5
2014 Toyota Trail

Reactions: ShawnR

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Happy to be here. From Eastern Washington. I've had a couple Jeeps and a couple FJ cruisers over the years. Picked up a 2016 TRD Pro 4runner a month or so ago. Looking forward to the build and getting it out in the hills. I'm also currently building an old M416 trailer. RTT goes on it tomorrow.

N
Get some pictures of that beast! that is my current dream rig.