First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello,

New here. I joined the forum for inspiration for what I hope will be my and the wife camping out of the Outback we have. Right now it's a 2011 2.5i OB with Falken Wildpeak tires. I just received the parts for the D2S projector retro fit today.
Hi Tom. Welcome to Overland Bound.

Olen

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
Olen
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

I’m Pete
Known as Kiwi Pete or Big Bad Pete from my past life driving Adventure Tours in Northern Scandinavia and one North Africa overland trip as the co-driver, guide, cooks help etc.

Also help build one of the first two wheel drive Overland Trucks for a now defunct Africa overland company and test drove it about the UK before it’s 1st Africa trip

Now I’m home in New Zealand and live in the central of the North Island.

My new micro overland vehicle is a 2022 Suzuki Jimny that I’m building up with a bed for one and half inside!

Half? It’s my assistant dog’s bed.

It’s my 4th Suzuki Jimny build and this time the plan is to keep it light and simple.

Please note: I live my life the best I can with a severe traumatic brain injury.
Welcome to Overland Bound, Pete!

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
New here. New to the Overlandng scene but not new to the outdoor, wherein g and adventure scene.

Working on setting up a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD I bought a little over a year ago in rough shape. Added a 3” lift and new Interco Irok ND Super Swamper. Looking to get it set up to overland and use as a hunting rig.

Located in western New York, USA.

Names Zach.
Welcome to Overland Bound Zack.

Kzip

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Dos Palos, CA, USA
First Name
Kiale
Last Name
Zuspan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS Callsign: WROX383
I’m Pete
Known as Kiwi Pete or Big Bad Pete from my past life driving Adventure Tours in Northern Scandinavia and one North Africa overland trip as the co-driver, guide, cooks help etc.

Also help build one of the first two wheel drive Overland Trucks for a now defunct Africa overland company and test drove it about the UK before it’s 1st Africa trip

My new micro overland vehicle is a 2022 Suzuki Jimny that I’m building up with a bed for one and half inside!

It’s my 4th Suzuki Jimny build and this time the plan is to keep it light and simple.

Please note: I live my life the best I can with a severe traumatic brain injury.
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey, I joined a month ago but forgot to introduce myself. I’m Scott kulcsar

Rig: 2015 Nissan frontier with a trailer I’m building out of an old military surplus trailer

A couple years ago I started getting into overlanding and this year I could finally afford a rig! (I’m 17 btw too) but I’m super excited to start to explore the northeastern trails
Hi Scott. Welcome to Overland Bound. Really happy that you joined our family.

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
I’m Pete

Hi Kiwi Pete. What an interesting journey.
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern California.

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I’m Pete

Welcome to Overland Bound! Sounds like you had some awesome adventures in your life.

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

I’m Pete

Hi Kiwi Pete. What an interesting journey.
Welcome to Overland Bound from southern California.
Thanks, full of highs and lows.
Loads of great passengers over the five+ full on years of driving about Europe and Africa.

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

I’m Pete

Welcome to Overland Bound! Sounds like you had some awesome adventures in your life.
Yes from a border guard with a pistol to my forehead because of a passenger doing something silly!
To having passengers meet up and still marriage on a few trips
Driving at midnight with the headlights switched off, because the highway rules in Scandinavia say that one has to drive in the daytime with headlights on!
We checked and checked and there was no rule about driving at night with headlights off?
PS: we were way North of the arctic circle so it was daylight at midnight.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I’m Pete

Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

I’m Pete

Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N
Thanks
So are you from the South or the far north of Sweden?
I enjoyed my in Sweden, started out each trip in Oslo, Norway, and we drive north east into Sweden and drove north

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I’m Pete

Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N
Thanks
I enjoyed my in Sweden, started out each trip in Oslo, Norway, and we drive north east into Sweden and drove north
100 km south of Stockholm
In a small village Sparreholm

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

I’m Pete

Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N
Thanks
South down the south of Sweden.

I have never been that far south in Sweden.

Maybe one day

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

I’m Pete

Hallo Peter
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N
Thanks
South down the south of Sweden.

I have never been that far south in Sweden.

Maybe one day
When you do so
Stop by for some home made beers
Check out my profile
Bengt N

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I’m Pete

Hello Peter, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m Pete

Welcome To Overland Bound Pete
I read your responses and it sounds like you have been involved with some great adventures.
I am sure @El-Dracho would love to converse about your African trips.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone, my name is Rick.

Rig: 2020 F250
Experience: Just starting out building the truck.
Welcome to Overland BoundRick
You might like this page for build inspiration Full Sized Rigs
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE OVERLANDING AND OFF-ROAD EXPO // APRIL 21-22, 2023 // OZARK EMPIRE FAIRGROUNDS – SPRINGFIELD, MO
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com