First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Rig: 2016 Jeep JKU
I have been camping and adventuring for along time now but only in the last 5 years have I started overlanding. Trying to show my kids the adventure in nature never ends.
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all, I just attended an OB meetup in Livermore (Dec 4), and it was very cool. Lots of awesome rigs and friendly people. I live in Sacramento County now, but I lived almost 20 years in the Bay Area. It's actually nicer to live on this side of the Altamont, being closer to most trails and not having to deal with traffic on 580/680.

I have 2 overlanding rigs, built for different purposes:
97 Nissan Pathfinder (6" lift, dual ARB lockers, on-board air, winch, rock sliders, etc.) <--- this is my rock-crawler, for tighter and/or more challenging excursions
05 Toyota Sequoia (2.5" lift, rear ARB locker, rock sliders) <--- this is my light/medium difficulty trail runner, tow rig, usually used for longer trips or for bringing extra people and gear

I've been "overlanding" since about 1998, when I realized that my 4x4 could take me places in the wilderness that I'd always longed to explore but lacked the equipment to do so. It's taken over 20 years to build my Nissan into what it is today, and it's been really fun to see how the "overlanding" subculture has really grown over the last 2 decades.

That being said, I hope to get more active, attending future trail runs and meeting more awesome, like-minded overlanding folks.

Thanks in advance for the welcome!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone. I joined the community a little while ago but haven't introduced myself. I've enjoyed a lot of content from the community. I've done a good bit of travel but am fairly new to the world of overland adventure travel.

Region: NorthWest Georgia
Rig: Currently running a 2019 Power Wagon
View attachment 246386

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 246389View attachment 246390
Bay Area
Just attended the OB meet up in Livermore Sunday, Dec 4th, met some cool people and connected with the R50 group I chat with. I am driving a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder. Have done a little work on her and look forward to get more into Overlanding. I have always cherished nature in its beauty and would like to explore and help clean up our backyard! I love the Overland Bound principles and hope to connect and explore with others. "Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not", wise words by Ralph Waldo Emerson. Thanks everyone helping put this community together.

Live Free, Drive On

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello from North Central Oklahoma. I currently have a 2017 Subaru Forester. I've been overlanding long before I heard the term overlanding. Most trips involve fly fishing. My rig is constantly evolving...
Olen, sorry I missed your intro post.
Welcome to OB from Logan County.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 246129
2020 Gladiater
Not new to the camping scene but new to this.
glad to be here from the San Antonio area!
Hello Ron (@Oldvolks ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Corey (@Coreymol).

There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

There's also a South Central Texas meetup: Rigs and Coffee - South Central Texas

And, the one we attend for North Central Texas is in Georgetown: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

kvalentine0908

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Valentine
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
@AdventureWithDanan is the Southeast Director, he can help with regional information.
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thanks for the tips Kent. I'll be taking advantage of these and will definitely message you with any questions I may have.

Olen

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
Olen
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Hello from North Central Oklahoma. I currently have a 2017 Subaru Forester. I've been overlanding long before I heard the term overlanding. Most trips involve fly fishing. My rig is constantly evolving...
Olen, sorry I missed your intro post.
Welcome to OB from Logan County.
Thanks!

Tommiller8K

Rank 0

Contributor II

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Miller
Hello,

New here. I joined the forum for inspiration for what I hope will be my and the wife camping out of the Outback we have. Right now it's a 2011 2.5i OB with Falken Wildpeak tires. I just received the parts for the D2S projector retro fit today.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy
Hello,

New here. I joined the forum for inspiration for what I hope will be my and the wife camping out of the Outback we have. Right now it's a 2011 2.5i OB with Falken Wildpeak tires. I just received the parts for the D2S projector retro fit today.

Welcome to Overland Bound

RockinRam96

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Clifton Springs, NY, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

New here. New to the Overlandng scene but not new to the outdoor, wherein g and adventure scene.

Working on setting up a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD I bought a little over a year ago in rough shape. Added a 3” lift and new Interco Irok ND Super Swamper. Looking to get it set up to overland and use as a hunting rig.

Located in western New York, USA.

Names Zach.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

Hello Tom, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
New here. New to the Overlandng scene but not new to the outdoor, wherein g and adventure scene.

Working on setting up a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD I bought a little over a year ago in rough shape. Added a 3” lift and new Interco Irok ND Super Swamper. Looking to get it set up to overland and use as a hunting rig.

Names Zach.
Hello Zach, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the pine barrens of NJ. I'm here to see if you all know something I don't know!
@diabetiktaco is a great resource in NJ
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Names Zach.
Welcome To Overland Bound Zach
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Could you edit your profile to include a city, town, country so that the app and members can get you local information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

Greetings Tom, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Names Zach.
Greetings Zach, welcome to Overland Bound!