First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I’m Pete
Known as Kiwi Pete or Big Bad Pete from my past life driving Adventure Tours in Northern Scandinavia and one North Africa overland trip as the co-driver, guide, cooks help etc.

Also help build one of the first two wheel drive Overland Trucks for a now defunct Africa overland company and test drove it about the UK before it’s 1st Africa trip

Now I’m home in New Zealand and live in the central of the North Island.

My new micro overland vehicle is a 2022 Suzuki Jimny that I’m building up with a bed for one and half inside!

Half? It’s my assistant dog’s bed.

It’s my 4th Suzuki Jimny build and this time the plan is to keep it light and simple.

Please note: I live my life the best I can with a severe traumatic brain injury.
Greetings Pete, welcome to Overland Bound!

Overland Adventure NZ

Rank III

Traveler III

Taupo, Waikato, New Zealand
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Goodman
Member #

A quick question for KiwiPete... Are you the "KiwiPete" that I sold my old beat to sh*t blue Chevy van to in Laguna Canyon back in +/- 1985? :grinning:
No!
I was paid to drive vehicles overseas
Apart from a fully rebuild VW Kombi Van in the UK.
I have stayed out of the USA most of my life because of the high risk of being shot.
Sorry not me

Roger_10ffdc

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Orangevale, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Seher
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WMX
Service Branch
USMC
Hey Everyone, My name is Roger

Rig: 2000 F150 4x4 packed with a lot of stuff (12v 279ah battery build stuffed in an ammo box.) 200 watts of mounted solar, inverter, Induction cooktop & Small air fryer for glamping, (2) 12v fridges (yes one just for beer). 270 Awning with walls, onboard shooting tables (PCP Airgun Equipment is my business) , and a bunch of other junk to have fun with.
Experience: I enjoy Camping, Hunting, Shooting, Cooking, Welding, Making stuff, Drones, Solar Power, etc.
Way back when, I was an El Dorado Search & Rescue Volunteer. Unfortunately I forgot all the cool places. My truck is a work in progress ( it is not touching the overload springs yet)
Interested in solo over landing, or short group runs. My truck buildout makes it heavy, so it is not going to be for big time 4wd. trails, but it would make a Great Basecamp setup. It mentioned rig pictures, so i will post a few:')

Thank you,

Roger

Attachments

Kzip

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Dos Palos, CA, USA
First Name
Kiale
Last Name
Zuspan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS Callsign: WROX383

Rig: 2000 F150 4x4 packed with a lot of stuff (12v 279ah battery build stuffed in an ammo box.) 200 watts of mounted solar, inverter, Induction cooktop & Small air fryer for glamping, (2) 12v fridges (yes one just for beer). 270 Awning with walls, onboard shooting tables (PCP Airgun Equipment is my business) , and a bunch of other junk to have fun with.
Experience: I enjoy Camping, Hunting, Shooting, Cooking, Welding, Making stuff, Drones, Solar Power, etc.
Way back when, I was an El Dorado Search & Rescue Volunteer. Unfortunately I forgot all the cool places. My truck is a work in progress ( it is not touching the overload springs yet)
Interested in solo over landing, or short group runs. My truck buildout makes it heavy, so it is not going to be for big time 4wd. trails, but it would make a Great Basecamp setup. It mentioned rig pictures, so i will post a few:')

Thank you,

Roger
Hi Roger,
Welcome to Overland Bound.

Olen

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Stillwater, OK, USA
First Name
Olen
Last Name
Weaver
Member #

Thank you,

Roger
Welcome to Overland Bound, Roger.

Lone Wolf 1965

Rank V

Traveler III

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Gregory
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Navy

Thank you,

Roger

Welcome to Overland Bound

Ceg

Rank V

Advocate II

Selah, Washington
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
US Army

Thank you,

Roger
Welcome to Overland Bound Roger.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Thank you,

Roger
Hallo Roger
Welcome to OBO
From Sweden
WBR
Bengt N

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thank you,

Roger
Welcome to Overland Bound Roger
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. The Sierra Foothills Overlanders is a local meet-up in El Dorado Hills that meet third Tuesday of each month. The info can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About WEST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Thank you,

Roger
Greetings Roger, welcome to Overland Bound!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Thank you,

Roger
Hello Roger, welcome to Overland Bound.

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

Yakima, Yakima County, Washington, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

Thank you,

Roger
Welcome that's a great setup if you ever find yourself in central washingtion we should meet up I know some great hunting and fishing spots around here

Roger_10ffdc

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Orangevale, CA, USA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Seher
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WMX
Service Branch
USMC
Welcome that's a great setup if you ever find yourself in central washingtion we should meet up I know some great hunting and fishing spots around here
Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm hanging around California on some shorter trips this summer to iron the bugs out before the longer trips.

Sam30931_xterra

Rank V

Traveler III

Yakima, Yakima County, Washington, United States
First Name
Sam
Last Name
McCormick
Member #

Thanks for the offer. Right now I'm hanging around California on some shorter trips this summer to iron the bugs out before the longer trips.
Sounds like it's gonna be alot of fun

AT4OB

Rank VI

Member III

Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army

Thank you,

Roger

Welcome Roger! The rig looks great

HRR160

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast I

Ghantoot, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
First Name
Casey E.
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY VETERAN

Thank you,

Roger

HRR160

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast I

First Name
Casey E.
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY VETERAN

Thank you,

Roger
Welcome Roger,

Good looking Rig, I like the ammo box setup.

HRR160

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast I

First Name
Casey E.
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY VETERAN
I’m Pete
Known as Kiwi Pete or Big Bad Pete from my past life driving Adventure Tours in Northern Scandinavia and one North Africa overland trip as the co-driver, guide, cooks help etc.

Also help build one of the first two wheel drive Overland Trucks for a now defunct Africa overland company and test drove it about the UK before it’s 1st Africa trip

Now I’m home in New Zealand and live in the central of the North Island.

My new micro overland vehicle is a 2022 Suzuki Jimny that I’m building up with a bed for one and half inside!

Half? It’s my assistant dog’s bed.

It’s my 4th Suzuki Jimny build and this time the plan is to keep it light and simple.

Please note: I live my life the best I can with a severe traumatic brain injury.
Welcome Pete,
Nice Rig build you got going on there.