Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hola
Rig: 2000 4runner (with a few mods)
Experience: novice but learning on the fly...
Awesome site with a lot of great pics and info..
Welcome to the group,

Bruce

Rank 0

Contributor I

hi, I'm Bruce, excited to be here.

Rig: 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: New to the overlanding thing but getting experience here driving and camping along the forest service roads.

Reactions: Byron Eby

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
hi, I'm Bruce, excited to be here.

Rig: 2011 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: New to the overlanding thing but getting experience here driving and camping along the forest service roads.
Welcome to the forum. Good group of people here.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone, my name is Mike and I just found out that I'm addicted to Overlanding. I've owned my 2003 4Runner for 11 years now and I bought it just for Backpacking and Mall Crawling (plus keeping the family safe on the road). I have 20+ years of backpacking which I love to do but now I just realized why should I hike to remote locations when I can drive :smiley:. The 4Runner is stock so I will have to mod it out so I can do some real rock crawling. Overland Experience: Novice

2003 Toyota 4Runner
V6 - 4x4 - 17" rims

Last edited:
Reactions: Byron Eby

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

Hi @Mike, and welcome to Overland Bound! You will find a congenial group of enthusiasts here, and that we are very non-brand tolerant (although there seem to be way too many T4Rs here. :smirk:)

With age, comes wisdom! [emoji2]
That's my favorite aspect about this place. I'm die hard for my Jeep but I love my Toyota, Subaru, Land Rover, Nissan, etc. anyday.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi Everyone, my name is Mike and I just found out that I'm addicted to Overlanding. I've owned my 2003 4Runner for 11 years now and I bought it just for Backpacking and Mall Crawling (plus keeping the family safe on the road). I have 20+ years of backpacking which I love to do but know I just realized why should I hike to remote locations when I can drive :smiley:. The 4Runner is stock so I will have to mod it out so I can do some real rock crawling. Overland Experience: Novice

2003 Toyota 4Runner
V6 - 4x4 - 17" rims
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here that can help you outfit your rig.

Reactions: Mike G

Traveler I

Member #

Hey there, Im from Oklahoma, and I drive a 2012 Tacoma DCSB. I built my truck from basically stock (it had wheels when i bought it), and built it for overlanding and camping precisely. I was a welder for 10 yrs, and have been a mechanic in the US Navy Seabees for 8 yrs. Camping, and outdoor fun is wat I enjoy most, but since I bought this truck my ability to explore has multiplied 10x. My build thread is HERE. IG @long_range_taco, THANKS!
untitled.png1.png

Last edited:

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hi Everyone, my name is Mike and I just found out that I'm addicted to Overlanding. I've owned my 2003 4Runner for 11 years now and I bought it just for Backpacking and Mall Crawling (plus keeping the family safe on the road). I have 20+ years of backpacking which I love to do but know I just realized why should I hike to remote locations when I can drive :smiley:. The 4Runner is stock so I will have to mod it out so I can do some real rock crawling. Overland Experience: Novice

2003 Toyota 4Runner
V6 - 4x4 - 17" rims
Welcome aboard. Nice 4Gunner!

Reactions: Mike G

Byron Eby

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Hey there, Im from Oklahoma, and I drive a 2012 Tacoma DCSB. I built my truck from basically stock (it had wheels when i bought it), and built it for overlanding and camping precisely. I was a welder for 10 yrs, and have been a mechanic in the US Navy Seabees for 8 yrs. Camping, and outdoor fun is wat I enjoy most, but since I bought this truck my ability to explore has multiplied 10x. My build thread is HERE. IG @long_range_taco, THANKS!
View attachment 1627
Welcome and Sweet rig!

Reactions: long_range_taco