Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey everyone

Happened upon this site by accident.

Getting back into vehicle based travel and looking for inspiration. Have our eye on the Nordic countries and Spain at the moment. Hopefully Covid eases and we can all travel safely soon.

1. bought a LR D3 last year, was a bit rough but getting her there, planning on adding rooftop tent, awning etc soon
2. currently live in North Wales / Shropshire borders
3. Discovery 3 2005 2.7 TDV6 with 90k miles in Vienna Green
4. Experienced off-roader and qualified 4x4 instructor in South Africa, with extensive travel experience in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and obviously SA. I have also made the odd mistake.
View attachment 204871View attachment 204872
Hey there! Welcome to the crew! Mistakes a plenty here :p

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone

Getting back into vehicle based travel and looking for inspiration. Have our eye on the Nordic countries and Spain at the moment. Hopefully Covid eases and we can all travel safely soon.

1. bought a LR D3 last year, was a bit rough but getting her there, planning on adding rooftop tent, awning etc soon
4. Experienced off-roader and qualified 4x4 instructor in South Africa, with extensive travel experience in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and obviously SA. I have also made the odd mistake.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for adding me as a guest.
I am a retirey from Oxford the United Kingdom.
I have travelled Overland all over Europe and North Africa in my Land Rover 110 and done fly drives to many other countries worldwide.
Recently I have downsized from the 110 to a Freelander as many of trip I have in the pipeline are more road, forest tracks orientated although another desert trip to search for Pelican 16 is on the horizon.
I'm hoping the forum will be a constant source of inspiration and advice.
Cheers, travel safe!
"God hateth he who roams"
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Shahn

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
How's everyone doing today?

My name is Rich. I am currently living in Stuttgart for the next few years. Joined OB about two weeks ago right before I took a family trip back to the U.S. I am very new to the overlanding thing but it is something my wife and I took a big interest in since we bought our Jeep! I figured traveling by car would be a much better experience than flying since everything is so close here in Europe. I have twin boys and a dog so most of our trips will start out super small. Maybe a few days and then back. We are planning out our first trip and have been scouring the forum. I am still on vacation until August so we were thinking of doing a trip to the western Alps. I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone's and sharing ours. Hopefully I will be able to contribute at some point!

Rich
Hi Rich,

Welcome to OverlandBound!

Since we have that C19 restrictions and could not meet in person, we establised a virtual campfire every 2nd Friday at 8PM CET. Please join if you like. Just some casual conversations, just like around a real campfire. You can find all details in the Rally Point here:

But I think we can do more and more real meetings now and we have been already together with OB members a few times this year. Pllease take a look here for upcoming events in MidEurope:

So, you are going to the Alps in August. Will you visit the Adventure Southside Overland show along the way? We will be there with OverlandBound - take a look here, please: Overland Bound at 4×4 adventure show ADVENTURE SOUTHSIDE 2021 - Overland Bound

See you on some trails soon! If you have any questions or need some help, please let me know!

Cheers, Björn

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I have travelled Overland all over Europe and North Africa in my Land Rover 110 and done fly drives to many other countries worldwide.
Recently I have downsized from the 110 to a Freelander as many of trip I have in the pipeline are more road, forest tracks orientated although another desert trip to search for Pelican 16 is on the horizon.
Cheers, travel safe!
Hello Gary, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi just joined although I've been following on Instagram for a while. I live near Southampton UK, I have been overlanding and offroading for many years. Looking forward to some adventures in the future.
Mike
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Your Regional Director is Dave Spinks @Polaris Overland for additional help or information. Dave can also give you information about the regional social media.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone glad I stumbled across this forum . I’m on the border of az/ca on the Colorado river.

I wanna say I drive but I haven’t got that far yet , anyway I “drive” a 96 grand Cherokee zj ive been building for about a year . My experience level is good I’d think as I’ve been journeying all over the desert for my whole life in something with a motor . Hoping to have the jeep finished before it cools down really want to go explore some more and hopefully meet some cool people along the way !
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @freak4life in AZ and @Dominic OB0158 in CA.
Your Regional Director is @brien in the Southwest and @Narbob in the West for additional help or information.
Overland Bound conducts several Trail Guardian cleanups within the Mojave Preserve each year that you might be interested in.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo - East in VA, Mountain West in CO, West in AZ
https://overlandexpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

My name is Rich. I am currently living in Stuttgart for the next few years. Joined OB about two weeks ago right before I took a family trip back to the U.S. I am very new to the overlanding thing but it is something my wife and I took a big interest in since we bought our Jeep! I figured traveling by car would be a much better experience than flying since everything is so close here in Europe. I have twin boys and a dog so most of our trips will start out super small. Maybe a few days and then back. We are planning out our first trip and have been scouring the forum. I am still on vacation until August so we were thinking of doing a trip to the western Alps. I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone's and sharing ours. Hopefully I will be able to contribute at some point!

Rich
Welcome to Overland Bound Rich
The closest Member Representative to you in Germany is @El-Dracho. He is a wealth of knowledge and well worth making contact with.
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Shahn and El-Dracho

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Rich
Hello Rich and welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone glad I stumbled across this forum . I’m on the border of az/ca on the Colorado river.

I wanna say I drive but I haven’t got that far yet , anyway I “drive” a 96 grand Cherokee zj ive been building for about a year . My experience level is good I’d think as I’ve been journeying all over the desert for my whole life in something with a motor . Hoping to have the jeep finished before it cools down really want to go explore some more and hopefully meet some cool people along the way !
Hello Levi and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Cheers, travel safe!
Hello Gary welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone

Hello Andrew and welcome to the OB family! Love the pics!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Cheers, travel safe!
Hello Gary, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone

Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB family.

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Zac
Last Name
Valentine
From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
Hello Zac, welcome to the OB family.

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Welcome to the OB Family! Love The user name.. We are Groot!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello, I'm a "new" member. I figure it's time I introduced myself properly
I just picked up a dream rig, 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60, previously owned a 2013 Nissan Frontier. I can't wait to properly outfit my ride for some outdoor adventures.
I'm a novice at overlanding but have experience camping at state and local campgrounds.

This is a great forum and I hope to learn a bunch from you all. Thanks
Welcome to the OB Community!! We are glad to have you. Great Rig!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hi Guys,

Steve Kammerer Jr here, based in Fontana, CA. I picked up my 1996 Land Cruiser a few years ago and love it. I am a beginner to overlanding, I love fishing and being out in nature. My kids are getting older now and the wife and I are looking to go on some adventures. I haven’t done much to the rig but looking to get a rooftop tent set up and a front number and rear bumper/rack system soon. Really love Mexico and want to do a Baja Trip. I’m a bit handicapped at the moment due to a genetic heart defect and I’m currently being evaluated for a transplant. But want to adventure while I’m able to. Would love tips and pointers of where to find parts and upgrades for my rig and suggestions on what I should add to it.
Welcome Steve!! Glad to have you as part of the OB Community!