Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
How goes it everyone,
just getting back in to tours and adventures after returning to Australia from the U.K. Have got myself a Mazda BT50 tray back and getting a canopy with solar fitted next week. I then have the best bit of setting up the canopy for adventures.. will start looking thru the forums for ideas. Sounds like there is huge amount of info and knowledge out there.
Take it easy
Kyrone
Hello Kyrone, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Thank you for adding me as a guest.
I am a retirey from Oxford the United Kingdom.
I have travelled Overland all over Europe and North Africa in my Land Rover 110 and done fly drives to many other countries worldwide.
Recently I have downsized from the 110 to a Freelander as many of trip I have in the pipeline are more road, forest tracks orientated although another desert trip to search for Pelican 16 is on the horizon.
I'm hoping the forum will be a constant source of inspiration and advice.
Cheers, travel safe!
"God hateth he who roams"
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.
Welcome mate, any issues please let me know! We have plans and rally points coming up, hope to see you out!

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hey everyone

Happened upon this site by accident.

Getting back into vehicle based travel and looking for inspiration. Have our eye on the Nordic countries and Spain at the moment. Hopefully Covid eases and we can all travel safely soon.

1. bought a LR D3 last year, was a bit rough but getting her there, planning on adding rooftop tent, awning etc soon
2. currently live in North Wales / Shropshire borders
3. Discovery 3 2005 2.7 TDV6 with 90k miles in Vienna Green
4. Experienced off-roader and qualified 4x4 instructor in South Africa, with extensive travel experience in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and obviously SA. I have also made the odd mistake.
View attachment 204871View attachment 204872
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.
Thank you so much for the information and warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting more involved in due course.
Welcome mate

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, my name is Terry, living in the Reno, Nevada area. I have enjoyed camping my whole life but I am new to the overlanding community. My vehicle is a 2018 Subaru Outback (Gray Lady). I’m very aware of what this vehicle can NOT do and I’m excited to learn what it can do with the proper guidance. I look forward to meeting like minded folks who are willing to help me navigate this new adventure. Thanks
Hello Terry, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, I'm completely new here and completely new to overlanding. Not new to camping or anything, but it has been a while. Got my Eagle scout at 18, and that's about when I stopped camping, but I'm so ready to get back into everything.
I'm in Columbia, SC (US) and probably will start exploring around here first.
Just bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner (unrelated to any camping/overlanding goal, just was what I wanted next).

I'm really eager to get started with stuff, but I know I've got a lot to (re)learn and need to get at least some basic gear, but can't wait to start!
Hello Brian, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello my name is James West. I’m new to overlanding from the Denver area. I’m getting into overlanding to show my kids there is more to life then video games and YouTube. I drive a ram 2020 power wagon.
Hello James, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
How goes it everyone,
just getting back in to tours and adventures after returning to Australia from the U.K. Have got myself a Mazda BT50 tray back and getting a canopy with solar fitted next week. I then have the best bit of setting up the canopy for adventures.. will start looking thru the forums for ideas. Sounds like there is huge amount of info and knowledge out there.
Take it easy
Kyrone
Hello Kyrone, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, my name is Terry, living in the Reno, Nevada area. I have enjoyed camping my whole life but I am new to the overlanding community. My vehicle is a 2018 Subaru Outback (Gray Lady). I’m very aware of what this vehicle can NOT do and I’m excited to learn what it can do with the proper guidance. I look forward to meeting like minded folks who are willing to help me navigate this new adventure. Thanks
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound Terry!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone, I'm completely new here and completely new to overlanding. Not new to camping or anything, but it has been a while. Got my Eagle scout at 18, and that's about when I stopped camping, but I'm so ready to get back into everything.
I'm in Columbia, SC (US) and probably will start exploring around here first.
Just bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner (unrelated to any camping/overlanding goal, just was what I wanted next).

I'm really eager to get started with stuff, but I know I've got a lot to (re)learn and need to get at least some basic gear, but can't wait to start!
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound Brian!

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hello my name is James West. I’m new to overlanding from the Denver area. I’m getting into overlanding to show my kids there is more to life then video games and YouTube. I drive a ram 2020 power wagon.
Welcome, James! Colorado has a lot to offer for adventure. I’m a native and am still finding plenty of places to explore!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound James! Love the truck!

Reactions: Jwest95630

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
How goes it everyone,
Take it easy
Kyrone
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound Kyrone!

Dorylf

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pocono, PA, USA
First Name
Dory
Last Name
Finkelstein
Hello from Pocono PA, I hope everyone is doing great! My name is Dory and I happened to come across this site and found it very informative. My wife and I have never been overlanding or off road except for gravel and dirt trails. We both love the outdoors and found overlanding very interesting. we currently own a 2012 Subaru outback 2.5 and 2014 Lexus lx 570 (both stock) that we use for camping and would like to eventually build one of the vehicles up to do more challenging trails. Hope to meet some of you on the trails...

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello from Pocono PA, I hope everyone is doing great! My name is Dory and I happened to come across this site and found it very informative. My wife and I have never been overlanding or off road except for gravel and dirt trails. We both love the outdoors and found overlanding very interesting. we currently own a 2012 Subaru outback 2.5 and 2014 Lexus lx 570 (both stock) that we use for camping and would like to eventually build one of the vehicles up to do more challenging trails. Hope to meet some of you on the trails...
Hello Dory and welcome to Overland Bound!

Texasmason65

Rank 0

Contributor I

Cumby, Hopkins County, Texas, United States
First Name
Doyle
Last Name
Shaw
We are the Shaws from East Texas. Yep a couple from Texas by accident got into overlanding and rock climbing because I had to officiate our sons wedding on top of the world in Moab and loved it. We decided to downsize from our class A and bought a Opus 4. We are so excited to get back off road. Look forward to really making overland trips for weeks. Look forward to seeing yall on the trail . Thank you for the invite.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Dory, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
We are the Shaws from East Texas. Yep a couple from Texas by accident got into overlanding and rock climbing because I had to officiate our sons wedding on top of the world in Moab and loved it. We decided to downsize from our class A and bought a Opus 4. We are so excited to get back off road. Look forward to really making overland trips for weeks. Look forward to seeing yall on the trail . Thank you for the invite.
Hello and welcome to Overland Bound!