First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Howdy do y’all!
I’m Megan. I’m living in the PNW with my 2016 T4R adventuring all that we can!
I’m definitely a desert girl and find myself deep in nowheres of sagebrush.
I’ve been out exploring and finding new hidden gems since 2017. Every year the trips go farther and get more exciting.
Also a novice rock hound and photographer
Thanks for having me aboard.
Looking foretold meeting some amazing folks and learning new tricks n tips!
Welcome to the OB community!! We are excited you are here.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello Outlanders :)

I'm Jim from Fremont, CA. and I'm excited to be here. I recently bought my first Jeep, (2021 Gladiator) and i couldn't be any happier with it. Still so so so much to learn, do i wave, do i not wave, can they even see me? lol. I've had FJ-40s in the past and those were great but i haven't had a 4x4 in over 20 years so there's that. I feel so green again with regards to off-roading. i just need to get out there on those bunny slopes for a while. Overlanding looks like an awesome excuse to trick out our vehicles, hang out with cool peoples and camp more so I'm all for that... Hope to see you out and about on your adventures

Take Care

View attachment 204344View attachment 204345View attachment 204347
Welcome to the OB Community. Happy to have you with us. This is the way!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello all,

Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

I am new here, just signed up. I've already utilized the map on here to save a few overland spots I plan to check out in the Plumas National Forest the weekend of the 30th.

I don't have anything special done to my Jeep yet, but it's in the works and handles almost anything I've thrown at it so far. I have a Jeep JL Sahara.

Look forward to meeting you sometime at a rally!

V/R
David
Welcome to the OB community! Happy to have you with us!
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome to the OB Community!! Happy to have you with us!!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
As a fellow FSB owner, welcome and please post pics of your 78. The 78-79 FSBs are my favorite although I own an '89.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi All! New Member.

Portland, Oregon
2006 Nissan Xterra MT 4WD
Casually been going off-road for years. Noob compared to most of you.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
Hello Zac and welcome!

Reactions: Kent R

Gray Lady

Rank III

Contributor III

Discovery Bay, California, United States
First Name
Ms. Terry
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Hello, my name is Terry, living in the Reno, Nevada area. I have enjoyed camping my whole life but I am new to the overlanding community. My vehicle is a 2018 Subaru Outback (Gray Lady). I’m very aware of what this vehicle can NOT do and I’m excited to learn what it can do with the proper guidance. I look forward to meeting like minded folks who are willing to help me navigate this new adventure. Thanks

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone

Happened upon this site by accident.

Getting back into vehicle based travel and looking for inspiration. Have our eye on the Nordic countries and Spain at the moment. Hopefully Covid eases and we can all travel safely soon.

1. bought a LR D3 last year, was a bit rough but getting her there, planning on adding rooftop tent, awning etc soon
2. currently live in North Wales / Shropshire borders
3. Discovery 3 2005 2.7 TDV6 with 90k miles in Vienna Green
4. Experienced off-roader and qualified 4x4 instructor in South Africa, with extensive travel experience in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and obviously SA. I have also made the odd mistake.
View attachment 204871View attachment 204872
Hello Andrew, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello, my name is Terry, living in the Reno, Nevada area. I have enjoyed camping my whole life but I am new to the overlanding community. My vehicle is a 2018 Subaru Outback (Gray Lady). I’m very aware of what this vehicle can NOT do and I’m excited to learn what it can do with the proper guidance. I look forward to meeting like minded folks who are willing to help me navigate this new adventure. Thanks
HelloTerry, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Zac, welcome to Overland Bound.

Beardsen

Rank I

Contributor III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Olliff
Hey everyone, I'm completely new here and completely new to overlanding. Not new to camping or anything, but it has been a while. Got my Eagle scout at 18, and that's about when I stopped camping, but I'm so ready to get back into everything.
I'm in Columbia, SC (US) and probably will start exploring around here first.
Just bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner (unrelated to any camping/overlanding goal, just was what I wanted next).

I'm really eager to get started with stuff, but I know I've got a lot to (re)learn and need to get at least some basic gear, but can't wait to start!

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm completely new here and completely new to overlanding. Not new to camping or anything, but it has been a while. Got my Eagle scout at 18, and that's about when I stopped camping, but I'm so ready to get back into everything.
Just bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner (unrelated to any camping/overlanding goal, just was what I wanted next).

I'm really eager to get started with stuff, but I know I've got a lot to (re)learn and need to get at least some basic gear, but can't wait to start!
Welcome! I was basically in the same boat when I joined the community here. It’s super valuable to take some close trips to shake out your rig and gear, I’m still figuring it out myself. I was intimidated by all these great rigs in this community, but everyone is super nice and has great advice!

Doddsy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Australia
First Name
Kyrone
Last Name
Dodd
How goes it everyone,
just getting back in to tours and adventures after returning to Australia from the U.K. Have got myself a Mazda BT50 tray back and getting a canopy with solar fitted next week. I then have the best bit of setting up the canopy for adventures.. will start looking thru the forums for ideas. Sounds like there is huge amount of info and knowledge out there.
Take it easy
Kyrone

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Thank you for adding me as a guest.
I am a retirey from Oxford the United Kingdom.
I have travelled Overland all over Europe and North Africa in my Land Rover 110 and done fly drives to many other countries worldwide.
Recently I have downsized from the 110 to a Freelander as many of trip I have in the pipeline are more road, forest tracks orientated although another desert trip to search for Pelican 16 is on the horizon.
I'm hoping the forum will be a constant source of inspiration and advice.
Cheers, travel safe!
"God hateth he who roams"
Welcome to Overland Bound West Europe.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Your Admins and Representatives:-

Northern England and Scotland:- Stephen Waddell @caspoint220
Southern England:- Nik Hammond And Leann Stratta @professorpool

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey everyone

Getting back into vehicle based travel and looking for inspiration. Have our eye on the Nordic countries and Spain at the moment. Hopefully Covid eases and we can all travel safely soon.

1. bought a LR D3 last year, was a bit rough but getting her there, planning on adding rooftop tent, awning etc soon
4. Experienced off-roader and qualified 4x4 instructor in South Africa, with extensive travel experience in Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and obviously SA. I have also made the odd mistake.
I am your Regional Director and with the Region Representatives we are here to support and help you achieve everything you need regarding your membership.

In normal times we have trips and meets throughout the year and usually a presense at most of the Overland Shows and Events. These are generally promoted on all platforms but keep an eye on Rally Point for full details.

In addition to the Overland Bound Forums offering a huge knowledge base we have a Facebook Page Facebook Groups where we look forward to welcoming you for general chit chat as well as a lively WhatsApp Group. 

Any issues / concerns please reach out to any of us and we look fiorward to meeting you atr an up and coming meet or trip once life gets back to normal.

DiscoDriver

Rank I

Contributor III

Bettisfield, Whitchurch, UK
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Dearling
Hey everyone

Thank you so much for the information and warm welcome. I’m looking forward to getting more involved in due course.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Brian, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R