Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, my name is Chris. Just bought a 2019 Chevy Trail Boss. Very novice to overlanding. Looking for ways to get my family of 5 outdoors to see the country. Hoping to find advice on best ways and equipment to move my family around the country.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Not new here by any means
left years ago after an argument with a moderator
sent emails to mike, he never responded so decide to leave
got ham friends who have recently joined..
thought id give it another go
not sure why I cant recover my last account expeditionnorth

maybe Im still banned & this will let me know
Welcome to Overland Bound

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@AZDIYGuy ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We typically have a fairly reoccurring meet up in Gilbert, so when things get back to some form of normal keep and eye out for an East Valley meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: AZDIYGuy and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Mike (@Mikegrande ), welcome from Oklahoma. I see you are a ham as well. Hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolinke/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater, don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community - Just moved back to TX (Cen TX) after retiring from 45 yr career as a corporate pilot, with last 22 yrs in San Francisco area. Have taken a serious interest in the concept of Overlanding, and starting to fit out my 2003 F-350 4x4. I know it's not the ideal platform for technical trails, but it's what I have. Planning for 35 - 37" tires, slight lift, HD front bumper w/17,000# winch, batwing awning, and rear spare tire swing mount. I plan to DIY my camper shell with bed platform, 30 gal potable water, and DC battery system w/solar panels. I'll start with an ice box, but plan for a DC refer if all goes well. I welcome informed advice, as I feel my way along. After this bug passes, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet other Overlanders, and maybe join in for some traveling fun. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How's it going everyone!

My name is Alec Nguyen (pronounced 'win')

I'm located about an hour East of Los Angeles.

Currently driving a 2019 Tacoma. Traded in my 2011 Raptor last year for it due to it not really fitting our lifestyle.

My wife and I are pretty new to overlanding itself; but we both come from big off-roading and camping families. Extremely excited to start this new chapter and experience. Glad to have found this community to help guide our way.

*I'll upload a picture of the rig tomorrow, currently installing a new RTT*
Welcome to Overland Bound Alec.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Eloy Diaz. I have a 1992 Land Cruiser. I just started off roading and love it. I’m interested in getting together with people to explorer and find new trials around Northeast Ga or surrounding areas.
Welcome To Overland Bound Eloy.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @NC-Trooper & @rrjones2u

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I'm John from Phoenix, AZ. I thought I'd replace my 10 year old Ridgeline with a new Jeep, but I'm going to wait for a bit. I can't risk a new vehicle payment during uncertain economic times. I joined up anyway so I can lurk and dream.
Welcome to Overland Bound John.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is a local Phoenix meet-up if your interested. (you don't need a rig to go) Contact @brien for specifics.

Reactions: AZDIYGuy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my names Jeremy, ive heard alot of good things about Overland Bound and im glad to be a part of it.
I drive a 2006 Hummer H3, Im from Eufaula Al. I get out and adventure whenever im able, overlanding is a good stress relief!View attachment 150921
Welcome To Overland Bound Jeremy.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

My name is Erik and I’m located in Orange County, CA. My overland rig is a 2007 Lexus GX470. I have been off roading and camping off and on most of my life. Planning on relocating to the Lincoln, NE area but those plans are on hold for now. Hoping to get back outside soon and meet some new people.
Welcome to Overland Bound Erik.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum.

I got interested in overlanding after I bought my 1992 Toyota Pickup 4x4. I have been watching a lot of overlanding videos.
I have been modifying the toyota and it's semi ready for a major road trip.
I am based in SF Bay Area.View attachment 150991

View attachment 150991

Although everything is currently on pause, check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @PapaDave or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Bergy

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Diego
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Ettenberg
Hey Everyone!

Mike here from San Diego. Found this forum originally from watching overloading YouTube videos!

I have a stock 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 classic 4x4 that I'm preparing to start building out. New wheels and tires come in next week.

Looking forward to learning from you all being a part of the community!

Mike

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey Everyone!

Mike here from San Diego. Found this forum originally from watching overloading YouTube videos!

I have a stock 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 classic 4x4 that I'm preparing to start building out. New wheels and tires come in next week.

Mike

Although everything is currently on pause, check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello OB Community - Just moved back to TX (Cen TX) after retiring from 45 yr career as a corporate pilot, with last 22 yrs in San Francisco area. Have taken a serious interest in the concept of Overlanding, and starting to fit out my 2003 F-350 4x4. I know it's not the ideal platform for technical trails, but it's what I have. Planning for 35 - 37" tires, slight lift, HD front bumper w/17,000# winch, batwing awning, and rear spare tire swing mount. I plan to DIY my camper shell with bed platform, 30 gal potable water, and DC battery system w/solar panels. I'll start with an ice box, but plan for a DC refer if all goes well. I welcome informed advice, as I feel my way along. After this bug passes, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet other Overlanders, and maybe join in for some traveling fun. Thank you.
Hello Mike, welcome to the OB commuity.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Everyone!

Mike
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone! I'm from Windsor Wisconsin. My wife and I have camped and backpacked all over the U.S and Canada. We just recently started overlanding. I run a 2011 Jeep JKU. I look forward to getting to know people and attending get togethers!
Hello Dennis, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Deb and Doug here, dreaming about when we can get back out into the wild!

We just joined and look forward to being inspired by a LOT of like-minded folks out there. We live in So Cal with our rescue Dobie Lucy, and have a little get-outta-the-city place up near Lake Tahoe, where we spend as much time as we can spare.

We have a 2014 JKU Rubicon X (stock), and are contemplating a few modifications to take on more challenging trails. We'd love to learn more about back-country adventures from those more experienced in off-roading. We're quite experienced with camping and backpacking, but haven't fully taken advantage of the Jeep's capabilities to get way off the beaten path.

We also have a 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that is a wonderful old beast, but isn't seeing quite as much action these days since getting the Jeep---we're considering getting her into someone's hands who might have more time for her, and trade for a Hiker Trailer to work towards realizing our plan of a 3-4 week road trip to Glacier National Park and everything in between.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well, and can't wait to get back out on the road!
Hello Deb and Doug, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: D&D and Kent R

Jeeplife.rebooted

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Church
Member #

Howdy ya'll! My name is Tim. I have been hitting the trails most of my life, whether it be hiking or driving. Most of that has been in Florida and nothing technical. Just easy flat trail. I'm now in Tennessee and hitting the trails in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ and having a blast! Since it's been a while since I've been on the trails and now on trails more technical than Florida, I'm going to say I'm only a novice. Here is a picture of my rig I'm slowly building.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tim.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Thank you Kent! I will definitely check out those links. It is very much appreciated!