Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello from North Carolina! Happy to be back (lived in Denver, CO and ST. Louis, MO recently)
2005 Subaru Outback XT - nervous about the turbo but we'll see how it goes.
Somewhere between intermediate and experienced. Knowledge of car maintenance and mechanics is the part I'm working on the most.
Hello Dylan, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Good morning! My name is JD, and I'm on my 3rd Toyota, a 2011 Trail edition 4runner. Just moved to Denver, about a week before the lockdowns, but originally from Nebraska, and have lived all over the place during my 15 years in the Air Force.

Have done some offroading, and excited to connect with the bigger overlanding community.
View attachment 150513e OB c
Hello JD, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!

I'm from the Metro Detroit area. I've driven the entire Route 66 in my 2011 Mustang GT back in 2012, so I have "road trip" experience, but not much overlanding experience. The Mustang is gone and I now daily drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. A few simple mods, so far. My "experience level" would be "Novice," as I've only done a few trails here and there so far. Here's a photo of "Frank the Tank" in the urban outback of Metro Detroit!

View attachment 150526
Welcome to the OB community, Thom.

alecwin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Rancho Cucamonga
First Name
Alec
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

How's it going everyone!

My name is Alec Nguyen (pronounced 'win')

I'm located about an hour East of Los Angeles.

Currently driving a 2019 Tacoma. Traded in my 2011 Raptor last year for it due to it not really fitting our lifestyle.

My wife and I are pretty new to overlanding itself; but we both come from big off-roading and camping families. Extremely excited to start this new chapter and experience. Glad to have found this community to help guide our way.

*I'll upload a picture of the rig tomorrow, currently installing a new RTT*

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all. I'm John from Phoenix, AZ. I thought I'd replace my 10 year old Ridgeline with a new Jeep, but I'm going to wait for a bit. I can't risk a new vehicle payment during uncertain economic times. I joined up anyway so I can lurk and dream.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: AZDIYGuy and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
My name is Eloy Diaz. I have a 1992 Land Cruiser. I just started off roading and love it. I’m interested in getting together with people to explorer and find new trials around Northeast Ga or surrounding areas.
Hello Eloy, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
How's it going everyone!

My name is Alec Nguyen (pronounced 'win')

I'm located about an hour East of Los Angeles.

Currently driving a 2019 Tacoma. Traded in my 2011 Raptor last year for it due to it not really fitting our lifestyle.

My wife and I are pretty new to overlanding itself; but we both come from big off-roading and camping families. Extremely excited to start this new chapter and experience. Glad to have found this community to help guide our way.

*I'll upload a picture of the rig tomorrow, currently installing a new RTT*
Hello Alec, welcome to the OB community.

Mikegrande

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Gatesville, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Reaves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6KDJ
Hello OB Community - Just moved back to TX (Cen TX) after retiring from 45 yr career as a corporate pilot, with last 22 yrs in San Francisco area. Have taken a serious interest in the concept of Overlanding, and starting to fit out my 2003 F-350 4x4. I know it's not the ideal platform for technical trails, but it's what I have. Planning for 35 - 37" tires, slight lift, HD front bumper w/17,000# winch, batwing awning, and rear spare tire swing mount. I plan to DIY my camper shell with bed platform, 30 gal potable water, and DC battery system w/solar panels. I'll start with an ice box, but plan for a DC refer if all goes well. I welcome informed advice, as I feel my way along. After this bug passes, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet other Overlanders, and maybe join in for some traveling fun. Thank you.

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Howdy folks! My names Michael, I’m a student in my twenties at Utah State University in Logan, Utah. I’m currently in between rigs due to a recent car accident that totaled my 95’ Grand Cherokee but I’m currently on the lookout for a 5th gen 4Runner and just waiting for one with the right fit to pop up! Experience level: mediumish
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello OB Community - Just moved back to TX (Cen TX) after retiring from 45 yr career as a corporate pilot, with last 22 yrs in San Francisco area. Have taken a serious interest in the concept of Overlanding, and starting to fit out my 2003 F-350 4x4. I know it's not the ideal platform for technical trails, but it's what I have. Planning for 35 - 37" tires, slight lift, HD front bumper w/17,000# winch, batwing awning, and rear spare tire swing mount. I plan to DIY my camper shell with bed platform, 30 gal potable water, and DC battery system w/solar panels. I'll start with an ice box, but plan for a DC refer if all goes well. I welcome informed advice, as I feel my way along. After this bug passes, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet other Overlanders, and maybe join in for some traveling fun. Thank you.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone! I'm from Windsor Wisconsin. My wife and I have camped and backpacked all over the U.S and Canada. We just recently started overlanding. I run a 2011 Jeep JKU. I look forward to getting to know people and attending get togethers!

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Overlanders! I’m Camaron, brand new to overlanding/off-roading. Just picked up my dream suv a few weeks ago: 2004 V8 4Runner LTD. We are in the Richmond, VA area. No pictures yet.
Next will be a suspension lift and tires, and getting my badges put on. Looking at either OME or Toytec.
Glad to be here!

Reactions: CBallard and Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Deb and Doug here, dreaming about when we can get back out into the wild!

We just joined and look forward to being inspired by a LOT of like-minded folks out there. We live in So Cal with our rescue Dobie Lucy, and have a little get-outta-the-city place up near Lake Tahoe, where we spend as much time as we can spare.

We have a 2014 JKU Rubicon X (stock), and are contemplating a few modifications to take on more challenging trails. We'd love to learn more about back-country adventures from those more experienced in off-roading. We're quite experienced with camping and backpacking, but haven't fully taken advantage of the Jeep's capabilities to get way off the beaten path.

We also have a 1971 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 40 that is a wonderful old beast, but isn't seeing quite as much action these days since getting the Jeep---we're considering getting her into someone's hands who might have more time for her, and trade for a Hiker Trailer to work towards realizing our plan of a 3-4 week road trip to Glacier National Park and everything in between.

Hope everyone is staying safe and well, and can't wait to get back out on the road!
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or you can contact @Barclay or @Frank Martinez who are based in Southern California. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure a keep an eye on Rally Points & the member calendar, for great information on upcoming events, trail runs, local meetups and training opportunities. Also make sure and read through the new member threads, it's more great information and will help you navigate the OB website.

Hope to see you out on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: D&D and Kent R