Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Here's a link to the above mentioned bag:
Product Page | NB Expeditions

These look amazing! Really well thought out and designed. If it lasts just twice as long as the popular one it will be so worth it at $96, and I think they will last way longer and so many nice design features to go along with it. He does recommend treating it with 303 Fabric Guard whatever that is. I ordered mine before I came back here and posted this link even though I wasn't really wanting to spend the money yet, I just can't see buying something thats only going to last a short time for half the money.
I'll post a review when it gets here.
I have one of these since 2018. Vastly superior to the Trasharoo.

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez

Made in Canada, designed to tie down 2 full size garbage bags Side by side for garbage and recycling. No other bag has the tie downs. Plus straps designed to hold a bundle of fire wood under the lid while maintaining full use of the garbage function. Drain holes in every pocket. Unique mounting system that keeps the mounting straps separate from the bag Itself and the bag attaches to the mounting straps. This allows you to hold traction boards between it and the tire.
Made with 1000 denier Cordura and YKK zippers. Won’t fade and become brittle like many other fabrics that aren’t designed to be out in the elements.
I've had mine since 2018. I stick in a 13 gallon bag and use plastic shopping bags for trach and drop them in. Makes trash easy to off load discreetly when getting gas. I use the side pocket for a folding pick-up tool for policing up the campsite of trash left by others.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

For those that don't have a spare tire to attach a Trasharoo style bag to, I repurposed a hitch mounted bicycle rack. I attached the bar to the bike rack therefore it doesn't rub on the paint of my tailgate. Sure, it's a little cumbersome to open the tailgate, but it suits my needs.

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Our approach is to limit trash. Our trash can is a small liter and a half sealing food safe container. We use whatever we happen to have as bags in it like a chip, carrot, or shopping bag. For a weekend we pack our food in Tupperware so as we cook it we clean it and store it away or just put the container back in the fridge to be cleaned once home. On longer trips (and when we were full time) we repackage items in the grocery store parking lot and dispose of the bulky trash there. Our little trash container has lasted up to a week. We've also used an empty large plastic coconut oil jar to hold compost scraps in countries that have organic material bins in additional to normal trash cans. On the rare occasion we need to carry a large amount of trash, beach cleaning etc, we just use a construction trash bag and lash it to the top of our rear box.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Like others have mentioned we try to limit our trash generation as much as possible, but some is inevitable. For that we use a smaller size roll top waterproof bag that limits odors and can be strapped outside the vehicle. It really depends on how long we will be out and how often we will be passing trash bins, refueling etc.

Reactions: Desert Runner