Garbage transportation

• HTML tutorial

escape_the_paradigm

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Newark, CA
Member #

Wanted to see what solutions you guys have come up with transporting garbage after packing the site in.

Trasharoo looks like a great solution but does not work for people like me that do not have a tire carrier.
Anyone come up with any clever ideas?

Traverser

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Houston
Member #

I’m thinking about getting a piece of mesh tarp, like landscaping tarp and stitching a 2x3 bag.
Putting some straps on it to hang at camp and just throw it in the back of the truck when traveling.

Reactions: Correus

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I was actually looking for something that might be able to go inside the car to transport out, so key things would be smell and leak proof.
Hmmm....that is a toughy, not sure what to tell. The first thing that comes to mind is a cheapish waterproof case - they can be had in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Problem there is that they take up room. I can't think of any kind of bag type device that will keep smells at bay other than biohazard type bags, which tend to pricey.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Though meant for a spare tire, my GARB (Garbage And Recycle Bag) attaches and removes quite easily at four connection points and can be used independently and stowed inside a vehicle. I do exactly that, in fact; put it inside my trailer at night when in bear country, with a good sealable trash bag inside it, so it is not outside all night attracting critters.

It is made by OLB member @Virgil of North Bound Expeditions up in New Brunswick, and I have to say it's an impressive bag.

NB Expeditions is a veteran owned company and both @Virgil and his partner Nick are good guys to deal with. They have a bunch of other cool gear too, like a headrest/roll bar fire extinguisher mount, overhead storage system for inside your vehicle, wrap straps, and a chainsaw bag, etc.

Very well made, comes in four or five colors, has lots of zippered and velcroed pockets and a removable divider down the middle of the inside, so you can keep garbage in one side and recyclables in the other. Also has mesh pocket on the right side, a deep tall pocket on the left side, and straps inside the top for keeping a small load of firewood up and out of the way, but under the cover.

It's made of "high-quality CORDURA nylon and PVC lined fabric held together with UV and ROT treated thread" and if you use a product like 303 UV Protectant Spray every few months in use, will stay fade-resistant. Comes in two sizes, the one shown below and a Narrow. Great price, too, especially with the current exchange rate. The large, which is around 22" across the back, is currently around $97 USD, which is what I paid.

Here's an image of mine installed on my trailer's spare tire:

GARB_6553.jpeg

GARB_6557.jpeg

Besides the two sizes North Bound Expeditions make and the large one @Kevin108 posted above, Blue Ridge Overland Gear also makes a smaller one that may suit your needs better than either of the larger ones. It too can be used independently inside a vehicle. I have one and am going to use it more for the van now and shorter, non-trailer excursions. I might even attach it inside one of my rear doors. Here's the one I've used with great success:

BROG-tirebag_6546-2.jpg

If you come up with a different solution, @escape_the_paradigm, let us know what you found, so others can do the same thing if it fits their needs.

Road

Last edited:

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

I was actually looking for something that might be able to go inside the car to transport out, so key things would be smell and leak proof.
Get a roll up waterproof bag, stick a trash bag inside to avoid cleaning, once in a while you will need to clean it with some bleach or vinegar. They come in all kind of sizes and are water tight, should be smell tight as well.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Though meant for a spare tire, my GARB (Garbage And Recycle Bag) attaches and removes quite easily at four connection points and can be used independently and stowed inside a vehicle. I do exactly that, in fact; put it inside my trailer at night when in bear country, with a good sealable trash bag inside it, so it is not outside all night attracting critters.

It is made by OLB member @Virgil of North Bound Expeditions up in New Brunswick, and I have to say it's an impressive bag.

NB Expeditions is a veteran owned company and both @Virgil and his partner Nick are good guys to deal with. They have a bunch of other cool gear too, like a headrest/roll bar fire extinguisher mount, overhead storage system for inside your vehicle, wrap straps, and a chainsaw bag, etc.

Very well made, comes in four or five colors, has lots of zippered and velcroed pockets and a removable divider down the middle of the inside, so you can keep garbage in one side and recyclables in the other. Also has mesh pocket on the right side, a deep tall pocket on the left side, and straps inside the top for keeping a small load of firewood up and out of the way, but under the cover.

It's made of "high-quality CORDURA nylon and PVC lined fabric held together with UV and ROT treated thread" and if you use a product like 303 UV Protectant Spray every few months in use, will stay fade-resistant. Comes in two sizes, the one shown below and a Narrow. Great price, too, especially with the current exchange rate. The large, which is around 22" across the back, is currently around $97 USD, which is what I paid.

Here's an image of mine installed on my trailer's spare tire:

View attachment 56640

View attachment 56641

Besides the two sizes North Bound Expeditions make and the large one @Kevin108 posted above, Blue Ridge Overland Gear also makes a smaller one that may suit your needs better than either of the larger ones. It too can be used independently inside a vehicle. I have one and am going to use it more for the van now and shorter, non-trailer excursions. I might even attach it inside one of my rear doors. Here's the one I've used with great success:

View attachment 56646

If you come up with a different solution, @escape_the_paradigm, let us know what you found, so others can do the same thing if it fits their needs.

Road

Thanks for the review! [emoji1303] hope our products will serve you well for a long time. They certainly are designed to do so!

Reactions: Road

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Don't spend a ton. Just get a military-style top loading duffle bag. When used with trash bags, the smell will be pretty contained. These can be stuffed inside the vehicle or easily strapped to the top.

I did a quick search and this one has a "giant" size which is 50" x 30". Which could probably do about 2 standard trash bags, perhaps 3 if they are stuffed in (compacted).

Texsport Top Load Canvas Duffle Duffel Travel Bag
by Texsport
Link: http://a.co/g2gn45g

Reactions: Correus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We had a combat vet on our last trail cleanup and he had his Alice Pack! I thought it was very cool.

Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Wanted to see what solutions you guys have come up with transporting garbage after packing the site in.

Trasharoo looks like a great solution but does not work for people like me that do not have a tire carrier.
The Trasharoo is a great option. You can mount it over your tailgate as well. There is plenty of strap to adjust and it is massive and a smoking deal for $40

Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

The Trasharoo is a great option. You can mount it over your tailgate as well. There is plenty of strap to adjust and it is massive and a smoking deal for $40

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thats what I use and it does just fine