Rob
Last Name
Irwin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6VUL
Service Branch
USMC
I use a dry bag from Sportsman’s Guide. Because of the roll-top sealing the smell is reduced, although I do not put it inside the vehicle.

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

These are a little overkill for just trash but the small ladder bag could be mounted inside the vehicle to the back of a seat. They are coming out soon from Nomad Adventure Gear.
20180618_135831.jpg 20180624_140701.jpg 20180702_194753.jpg

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

I've only ever used regular old garbage bags or even grocery bags and throw them in the back of whoever's pickup has space! haha
I have a large duffel dry-bag I will use for collecting garbage bags inside my rig. Interior space isn't a problem with a Suburban and the less hanging off the outside the better.

Reactions: KRGibbs

McCannUSA

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Anderson, CA
Member #

When will these bags be available?
Hello my friend! We are in Norther California so we got pushed back a little bit on our production because of the Carr fire devastation that we are in the middle of but it looks like we will start releasing gear in the next two weeks! Thank you so much for your interest and have a great weekend.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
I use a Home Depot heavy duty construction cleanup garbage bag. It holds a ton of trash and ties quite handily anywhere to the back of our rig. We have so much going on with the back of our FZJ80 (swing out spare tire rack, swing out jerry can rack, full size roof rack) that it’s not a problem. That way, we don’t have to haul around a dirty trash receptacle that stinks after a few uses. The Trasharoo is a brilliant design as are some of the others in this thread, but we just find the heavy duty contractor special just does the trick. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

DBs

Rank 0

Traveler I

Posted here before, but still relevant.
Improvised/improved?/recycled from an old garden chair.
The bag itself is a construction bag.

Folded:

And another nice solution, based on a bicycle rack:

Last edited:
Reactions: sccsammy

sccsammy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Posted here before, but still relevant.
Improvised/improved?/recycled from an old garden chair.
The bag itself is a construction bag.

Folded:

And another nice solution I can by, based on a bicycle rack:
I like that Bike rack idea! Is that bag available anywhere?

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I use a Trasheroo. It also comes in handy for wet sports equipment when you're not camping. I used to throw lacrosse equipment in it for the trip home after a game.

justjohnthomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orofino, Idaho
Member #

For now we use a roll top dry bag, keeps the smell down and no leaks. Use small bags for garbage while stopped and get tied up before going into the dry bag (downside is the opening isnt very large). Has worked well for us so far and had it on hand so the price was right, a cheap one would do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Plano boxes work well and also stack. They are cheap and if you go through the little process of putting weather stripping around the top and seal them off they will be smell and leak proof. I use mine often for trail cleanups

Virgil

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Made in Canada, designed to tie down 2 full size garbage bags Side by side for garbage and recycling. No other bag has the tie downs. Plus straps designed to hold a bundle of fire wood under the lid while maintaining full use of the garbage function. Drain holes in every pocket. Unique mounting system that keeps the mounting straps separate from the bag Itself and the bag attaches to the mounting straps. This allows you to hold traction boards between it and the tire.
Made with 1000 denier Cordura and YKK zippers. Won’t fade and become brittle like many other fabrics that aren’t designed to be out in the elements.

Ditcherman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sheridan, IN, USA
Member #

Made in Canada, designed to tie down 2 full size garbage bags Side by side for garbage and recycling. No other bag has the tie downs. Plus straps designed to hold a bundle of fire wood under the lid while maintaining full use of the garbage function. Drain holes in every pocket. Unique mounting system that keeps the mounting straps separate from the bag Itself and the bag attaches to the mounting straps. This allows you to hold traction boards between it and the tire.
Made with 1000 denier Cordura and YKK zippers. Won’t fade and become brittle like many other fabrics that aren’t designed to be out in the elements.
Here's a link to the above mentioned bag:
https://www.nbexpeditions.com/product-page/g-a-r-b

These look amazing! Really well thought out and designed. If it lasts just twice as long as the popular one it will be so worth it at $96, and I think they will last way longer and so many nice design features to go along with it. He does recommend treating it with 303 Fabric Guard whatever that is. I ordered mine before I came back here and posted this link even though I wasn't really wanting to spend the money yet, I just can't see buying something thats only going to last a short time for half the money.
I'll post a review when it gets here.