03 Grand Cherokee Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Nice! Are you going to whip out the label maker for those switches or will it be like a memory game ;)
For now probably memory lol. I really don’t know what I’m going to use them all for yet. I want one for an underhood light, rock lights and rear camping lights. Other than that I’m really not to sure what to add. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Oh man that's a loaded question :smirk:

You've got lights:
  • bumper
  • fog
  • light bars
  • ditch
  • reverse lights
  • roof rack/camping lights
  • rock lights
You could wire up an inverter/power outlet in the back. There's solar options or battery chargers, onboard air, all of the things. That's what's coming off the top of my tired, stressed out head. You'll find things to hook up there lol

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Oh man that's a loaded question :smirk:

You've got lights:
  • bumper
  • fog
  • light bars
  • ditch
  • reverse lights
  • roof rack/camping lights
  • rock lights
You could wire up an inverter/power outlet in the back. There's solar options or battery chargers, onboard air, all of the things. That's what's coming off the top of my tired, stressed out head. You'll find things to hook up there lol
I’m sure I will. I can’t wait. I’ve thought heavily about an inverter and probably will when the time is right. The front bumper fog lights are spliced into the factory fog light wires. I’ll have rock lights, camping lights, and an underhood light in the near future. I just need to find some time to do it.

Reactions: stickel

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Went wheeling for the first time in months on a friends private property. We are currently making trails through woods on his property. Some of these were very tight for my long wheelbase wj and I made some contact with a tree that we later cut down. It should buff out though.

KerrClan74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portage, MI
Member #

Nicely done! Honestly you could wrap the tube around the sides and not even need the original bumper. It looks good without it. I like the build. I have been debating the DIY bumper build and this gives me hope of a good outcome. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Aussie571

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Thanks for the comments. We are debating on making plates for the sides, just not right now. I have about $350 or so in material I think.

Reactions: KerrClan74

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Alright it’s all done minus the highlift rack and paint. It bolts on the left and right sides under the taillights through nutserts. We used 5/16” bolts. 3 on the passenger side, 2 on the driver due to interference issues. The bottom are 9/16” bolts I believe and there are 4 that tie into the hitch. It doesn’t move at all. I’m ecstatic and can’t wait to clean it up and get it painted.

Ronald Miranda

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

18.465161, -69.953888
Member #

All done with the tire carrier. Built a hi lift mount to top it off. Did two coats of kryon fusion rattle can for right now. Going to let them cure, sand down and do s couple more coats this week.

One of the best setups I've ever seen!! Great work!

Sent from my SM-G935F using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Aussie571

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

That looks great. Would like to do something similar on my Suburban. I do like it better without the bumper cover on it though. Shows off that fabrication and looks more rugged.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
That looks great. Would like to do something similar on my Suburban. I do like it better without the bumper cover on it though. Shows off that fabrication and looks more rugged.
Yeah that’s how I have it now. I might paint the sides black to have it flow better