Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Hi everyone !

So I am newish to Winnipeg and to overlanding but would love to meet some like minded folks out here. I am not sure if there is a meeting or general get together night ....... but again I would love to meet some of you guys. My Wife and I just got a new 2018 Tacoma offroad (had a 03 Rubicon prior to that) so we are excited to have space !! and well space !!

anyways hope to meet up soon can't wait to hit some trails and do some camping !

Cheers

Coordinating when the weather is warm is a bit tougher....

But tomorrow (Sunday June 10th) a few will be going to La Barriere park.
I'm going to be there around 2pm until just a little bit after supper.
I'll be getting a fire going and roasting some hot dogs for me and my wife and kids.

If anyone wants to share the fire feel free to bring whatever you want to cook/eat.

Everyone is welcome to join!
It will be pretty casual and not many have stated they will be coming. I figure "worst" case scenario I will have a nice afternoon with my family throwing the ball around and having a little fire.

I will try to get another evening get-together in the city at some point as well if there is interest.... with summer vacation it may be a bit tough though.

If there are any times anyone feels like they want to get together with anyone.... either put the date/time in this thread and/or create a new thread! There's nothing saying it needs to be a big official meeting or anything...

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Pretty breezy.
We managed to acquire 1 of the 2 firepits and we have a bit of wood that we brought.

Cleaned up the beer bottles in the firepit and picked up a discarded water bottle.... Other than that it's pretty clean.

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

So now that the crazy adventure season is winding down and becoming regular adventure season how about a meet and greet for the community? Late Oct early Nov time frame ? Winnipeg somewhere restaurant perhaps or at a legion (I think they still serve food but it's been a while)

Would be nice to meet some of you guys and gals and of course see some sweet rigs !

Reactions: Winterpeg

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I would be up for that again as well.... what dates do people have available?

The following dates at the end of October and beginning of November is what I have available....

Oct 25 (Thursday)
Nov 3-6 (nothing planned yet that I know of)

bushnut

Rank 0

Traveler I

Winnipeg, MB, Canada
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Sp
I’d love to join you guys but the commute might take a while.
Currantly on a crazy adventure in New Brunswick. The wheeling here is great. And let’s not forget camping by the ocean.
Have fun

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

So what about setting up a get together for Nov (3-6) time frame and then one for the Dec 1-2 time frame ? Maybe make it a regular type thing ? anyways food for thought.

At any rate lets aim for the the Nov 3-6 dates out of those what works best for ppl ?
anyone have a fav spot they want to suggest ? or are we okay to go to a legion kind of venue (think cheaper beer and food)

I'd like to suggest the following its central ish so should be easy for everyone to get to.

1755 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3J 0E6

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

For now I think we should stick with a location we have gone to previously.... Pony Corral on Nairn. We've had a few good turnouts and it's easy to get to (Plessis). It's got a very large parking lot and also a very large lot at the funeral chapel nearby (closed in the evening... hopefully nothing going bump in the night! LOL). We typically parked there (look for the obvious Overland rigs, lol.

Sunday
November 4th
6:30 pm (the corned beef sandwich was a crowd favourite)

There were a few guys that have stated previously that a weekend day would be better for them, so lets give this a shot.

We typically have way more show up that actually post up that they will be... but this time I would like to make a reservation. We've been luck so far (even on a Jets night), but it would be nice to have a reservation if possible. So if you know you can make it, please post up.... if it's a last minute thing - that's cool too.

Thanks guys.
:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

This week isn't going to work for me after-all..... so I will be unable to make it to the Sunday Nov 4th meet+greet at Pony Corral.

Feel free to organize amongst yourselves.

I'm very sorry for the short notice.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

I had the opportunity to head out into the bush... So I took it. (I really need to get out of the city, I'm sure many of you can understand that)

If anyone is interested in joining I will be meeting up with a crew at Deacons corner at 1430.
(Today)

It sounds like it will be some mild'ish wheeling.

If you have any questions, fire me an email or pm.

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

Lets start organizing for weekend of Dec 1,2.... which day would people prefer?
That's a Saturday and Sunday.
I am also available the Monday and Tuesday... (3,4).
I am not available Dec 2.

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

We should try and meet on Dec 2, and make it a normal thing, the first Sunday of every month? I am free though both days, the 1 and 2.