What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• HTML tutorial

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Purchased a pair of Marchway collapsible camp chairs and a compact foldable aluminum table to go under our new ARB awning. We had been looking for a decent chair that folded up small and was built for persons who are not exactly tiny. Another requirement was that it be of normal chair height, just don't want to sit 2" above the ground lol
1604024198994.png

Astrotrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sabattus, ME, USA
First Name
Bethany
Last Name
Douglass
Member #

Propane water heater. Planning a 14 day trek, thinking we are going to love this for showers/cooking.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Purchased a pair of Marchway collapsible camp chairs and a compact foldable aluminum table to go under our new ARB awning. We had been looking for a decent chair that folded up small and was built for persons who are not exactly tiny. Another requirement was that it be of normal chair height, just don't want to sit 2" above the ground lol
View attachment 175279
I have the Cascade Mountain Tech (Costco) version of this chair, and I love it. I think it was 40 bucks, and supports my large 265lb frame.

Reactions: OTH Overland

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
View attachment 175279
I have a similar chair. After a trip to the beach the feet would sink into the sand. I got these pad to help the chair from sinking. I also bought extra feet because after you pull the chair from sand, the feel pulls out.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I have a similar chair. After a trip to the beach the feet would sink into the sand. I got these pad to help the chair from sinking. I also bought extra feet because after you pull the chair from sand, the feel pulls out.

Your lucky its just the sand that you are sinking into ... I seem to have the same issue on most surfaces, probably not too many burgers away from being worried about concrete .. lol good idea on the pads and extra feet though:)

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Picked up a replacement porta potty lol. Last one, which was about 15 years old, broke (user error), and old Coleman design, leaked. Hopefully this new design is more leak and order free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparksalot

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Just purchased an Ecoflow River 600, and a Discada with burner. My boy was supposed to have his first scouting camp this weekend, but we’ve had to skip this trip.

Looking forward to using the gear on the 12th - planning a day trip to the Ocala National Forest (barring any other issues with the Jeep, just replaced the radiator).

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Renogy just released this solar charger and maintainer. Comes in 5W and 10W - 10W Solar Battery Charger and Maintainer | Renogy Solar I think it will be good for rigs sitting for long periods of time while camping or in my case working from home. I like this because it has a built in MPPT charge controller.

Sebt1890

Rank II

Traveler I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
T
I've got a 2 person Marmot that I used for backpacking trips with my dogs. Now that I have a partner and a 4runner, I'm in the market for a 6 person. Thinking of getting a relatively cheap model.

Definitely getting the coleman stove though now that I'm not cooking for just myself.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
This past weekend my Coleman Grill Stove combo wouldn't work. It sound like it wasn't getting any gas, I tried 3 different propane bottles so I ordered a new gas regulator for it that should be here tomorrow. praying that fixes the problem. The gas regulator that was on it looked rough and I couldn't push on the valve to open it up, pretty sure it rusted closed. That's one problem here in the deep South, humidity makes fighting rust a challenge! If the new regulator fixes it I'll make sure to store the regulator in a ziplock freezer bag from now on when the grill is in storage.

Reactions: RoarinRow