• HTML tutorial

Inmused

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Victoria, Australia
Member #

I've run Firestone Destination MTs on LR Freelander and then on a DiscoII. Then switched to BFG KO ATs for the next set. I have both BFG KO AT and BFG KM2 MTs for the Jeep now on different rims. Not a huge BFG fan-boy, but they have a history of performing well.

Pictures... just because.

Awesome looking D2.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
I have had very good wear and off road performance out of Nitto Terra Grapplers.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I had Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on my Xterra, they were awesome, best tires I've ever had, a bit loud and not cheap. Great traction and they wore well. I just ordered General Grabber AT2's for my Jeep. We had a set on the Jeep Liberty my wife had a few years ago and they did great. I paid $865 for 5 of them delivered to my house from Tire Rack. Hard to beat for the price.

4Runner

Rank 0

Traveler I

Falken Wildpeak is the worst tire I have ever seen. Give them a few thousand miles and there is ZERO sipping left. They look like a tractor tire from 1940 with three zig zags. A tire shop told my friend he needs to get rid of them before winter hits and he has "half" tread if you call it left.

I have loved the Toyo Open Country AT, good wearing tire and does well in hard packed without chunking.

Hankook Dynapro was quiet, affordable and did well in the hard packed desert terrain.

I am now running the new BFG KM2 All Terrains and so far I am pleased but 300 miles isn't enough to actually review them.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Iam driving on the Frontera the BF goodridge MT's. Got them very cheap, but I wont buy them again. Iam driving the Hankooks Dynapro MT03 on the van. Those will be on the Frontera as well. Probarly next year.

Greetings from Robert

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
I like the GY Duratracks, on the FJ, I do a five tire rotation and have about 46,000 on them. I air down to about 23-24 psi and for a C rating it seems nice off road with great sidewall flex. I also did not want the rolling resistance weight of an E ratting. They still have over 50% tread. Americas Tire is awesome........

Reactions: Mad Garden Gnome

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I'm running 245-75-16 Wrangler Duratrac and i love them, so far. Used to run BFG AT, really like them also.

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I'm running a set of 265/75/16 BFGoodrich KO2's. So far they haven't failed me in the mud, gravel, deep snow, or on dry pavement. They aren't stellar on wet pavement, but I wasn't really expecting them to be. Treadwear seems to be decent on them too, although I only have about 16,000 miles on mine so far.

Adventureswithlaylay

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Van nuys
Member #

Hi guys. I need some help deciding. So right now I'm running BFG all terrains. They are still in great condition but they are over 12 years old. My wife has a Firestone card and while she was getting an alignment I was checking there tires. I was looking at the destination at and the destination mt. I love the mt aggressive look but I'm worried about the wear. The bronco sees a lot of desert and camping roads. But it also sees a lot of highway on the weekends. I'm leaning towards the destination AT but I love the look of the destination MT. Any input would help thank you

Last edited:

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I don't have any experience with the destination AT or MT so not sure what mileage you can expect out of them but I got 50K out of my first set of BFG KM2s. I thought that was pretty good for an MT and they still probably had 10K worth of tread life left. If the destination will get you anything like that I would be happy with them.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Have you looked at the Goodyear Dura Tracs? Awesome tire, aggressive look, alpine rated, perform as well or better than the popular Goodyear MT's, 60% off road / 40% on road...I've been using them for about 10 years now and they perform great! Great price as well! Great on road manners...Great offroad performance!17x8-xd-series-spy-797-black-wheel-lt2857017-goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-mt-1.jpg goodyear-wrangler-duratrc-group-large.png gy_wranglerdt_owl_pdpcrop.jpg

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

They are still in great condition but they are over 12 years old.
I strongly recommend not running tires that are more than 5 years old (check the DOT production stamp on the sidewall). Five years seems to be the turning point when tires tend to have an increased chance of a serious failure like a delamination. Get a delam on the highway with an overlanding rig and you'll yaw towards the fail tire then away from it with the steering input before your vehicle hits a trip point and you go cartwheeling through the median ejecting all the crap from inside the cab all over the highway.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

When I drop the big $$ on a set of tires, I think itll be these Duratracs or BFG AT K02's. I cant make up my mind.
The Dura Tracs are pretty reasonable...I got 5 out the door for $1158.00, that's balanced and mounted, and tax...everything. Oh, yeah...I know size makes a difference in price... mine are 30x9.50, so that's roughly, what? $231.60 per tire to include balancing and mounting and tax! I've paid a lot more for other brands in that size.