What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Still kinda crazy I made this topic over 5 years ago now, back then waiting for the Land Cruiser. Now we are just over 5 years on and just sold the Land Cruiser. Kinda sad we didn't really get to do all the major trips we wanted to do due to Covid. But to get on topic. The last thing we bought is our new ride. the Rav4 and the BFG KO2's for it.

And next, for the car at least, probably will be a Frontrunner roof rack to eventually mount a RTT.
IMG_2017 - kopie.JPG

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

I have accumulated parts over the last 6 months. My issue is time to install them.
I have new shocks a posi rear and a new fancy stereo. A new leather interior is on the way also. The leather keeps the dog fur from sticking to the seats.

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I got the Auxbeam 6 gang switch panel kit for my accessories. Installed it today. Pretty easy process. Tied piggyback fuse to the seat heater fuse for ignition power on and off. I like the clean factory look. What I had before was a mess of wires. I did have to make a couple of brackets for mounting. I am happy with it so far.

Attachments

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Tires were paid off and installed yesterday, as well as a bit of a fender/wheel well trim. Purchased protection rings for them, maybe beadlocks down the road, but next up will probs be a new exhaust or I may invest into new sleep system for the cooler months

Attachments

Last edited:

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
Just bought some really nice wood and stain going to create a custom tailgate insert and the wife is going to burn some really cool designs into it. Why by when you can build. The next thing I do plan to buy is high clearance front and rear bumpers with a winch.. that I can’t build lol

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Just bought and installed my solar panel system to help keep the fridge going. Working on diy drawer system now.
Nice! Our last camping trip I did the same thing. The 100 watt panel kept the Jackery almost 100 percent for 5 days with the fridge running pretty regularly in 90 degree weather.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Not that I just bought it but I recently had it all installed by a shop. Installed 4:88 gears chromolly shafts, lockers, gas tank skid, compressor and switch panel

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Last purchase was a Midland MXT-500 gmrs. The next buy will be RotoPax fuel cans.
Have you had a chance to test out the MXT yet? Curious of the range in a real world setting
It’s a whole lotta radio for just trail Comms. If you’re going to hit repeaters then a great option though.

Reactions: Ursa Major

SwampFox

Rank II

Contributor III

Conyers, GA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Stevenson
Have you had a chance to test out the MXT yet? Curious of the range in a real world setting
I have not. The plan is to also install one in our RV. My wife works from home so she will be in the RV during the week while I am out. The thought was to use the MXTs to be able to communicate.
It’s a whole lotta radio for just trail Comms. If you’re going to hit repeaters then a great option though.
We are going full time RV. We are installing one in the RV as well. The hope is the long range will help us communicate when I am away and cell phone use is spotty.

itsoutside

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Fairfax CA, USA
First Name
Conor
Last Name
Burns
Member #

I bought my first upgrade for my new to me FJ cruiser; a drop down tailgate table from Bison Gear. It made it from Poland to Northern Ca. in 4 days! I don't see how that's even possible right now, haha.
Up next I'll be getting it off road ready, starting with suspension, skids, and sliders. Which brands to go with, I'm still not sure

Reactions: Shahn and roots66