What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
Airstream Interstate X "adventure van" fitted with Owl Van's accessories up the wazoo. Van arrives in 30 days and Owl's stuff is already ordered. :)

I am a glampLander, I guess. PS: Not my actual Van in the photo. Just for reference. :wink:

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Airstream Interstate X "adventure van" fitted with Owl Van's accessories up the wazoo. Van arrives in 30 days and Owl's stuff is already ordered. :)

I am a glampLander, I guess. PS: Not my actual Van in the photo. Just for reference. :wink:
Or, an "OverGlamper" :grinning:

Reactions: OverDavidLand

LRFam1718

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Newport News, Virginia, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gain
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUM572
Custom made a bullet point mount using bullet point and amazon parts. It now holds both gmrs and cb Midland radios and my and the wife's phone. Camping this weekend and placement seems to be good for what I need.

Attachments

Last edited:

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Welp, I kinda went on a spree ordering stuff this week:

2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

All Dogs Koni 82 Series lift w/ upper control arms
OVS Freedom Rack
OVS 117qt Dry storage box for above rack
Safe Jack recovery kit
Gray Man tactical molle panel (going to make an overhead console for radio, flashlight and med kit within arms reach but out of the way)

Reactions: roots66 and 9Mike2

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Welp, I kinda went on a spree ordering stuff this week:

2022 Nissan Frontier Pro4x

All Dogs Koni 82 Series lift w/ upper control arms
OVS Freedom Rack
OVS 117qt Dry storage box for above rack
Safe Jack recovery kit
Gray Man tactical molle panel (going to make an overhead console for radio, flashlight and med kit within arms reach but out of the way)
How do you plan on mounting it to the ceiling? I picked up a molle panel to mount on my visor for a TQ and IFAK.

Reactions: Boulder_Pro4x

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
How do you plan on mounting it to the ceiling? I picked up a molle panel to mount on my visor for a TQ and IFAK.
Going to drop the headliner and back it with either some small plates I'll make or some large washers. I am not going to be mounting anything heavy up there so I think if I distribute the weight enough the head liner should handle it.

I ordered this hardware and will modify as needed.

1665083876390.png

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Olympus TG-6:
1665083729647.png

I always regret not getting enough pics on trips, so I figured an actual dedicated camera would help. I have my phone mounted up with maps and things on it, so I often don't take take it out of the rig when I stop. The camera should fix that, and I used it a lot in Moab last weekend. I need to learn the modes/features more... but so far happy with it.

-TJ

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Going to drop the headliner and back it with either some small plates I'll make or some large washers. I am not going to be mounting anything heavy up there so I think if I distribute the weight enough the headliner should handle it.
That's what I was thinking too. I would love to see when you get it installed. I would love to mount an admin pouch, window breaker, and light medical kit there for easy access and maybe offset it with washers to slip a map above it.

Sheedy614

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sunbury, OH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Sheedy
Member #

Going to drop the headliner and back it with either some small plates I'll make or some large washers. I am not going to be mounting anything heavy up there so I think if I distribute the weight enough the head liner should handle it.

I ordered this hardware and will modify as needed.

View attachment 242225
Oh that kit is awesome!

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch