First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
20240829_154344.jpg
I replaced it! 2019 TRD PRO Tundra to replace 2005 Suburban. Car under the cover is a slightly destroyed 2005 Tahoe which the Burb replaced it. Now a question..Has anybody installed a front camera on one of these Tundras? I found a gizmo on Ebay that looked like it might work. It can use the original rear camera in addition to a front to be added without cutting wires.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I found a gizmo on Ebay that looked like it might work. It can use the original rear camera in addition to a front to be added without cutting wires.
got a link? i have an '18 tundra and i wanted a front camera and the only thing i knew to do was get the one that clips on the rear view mirror and plugs into the cigarette lighter. would love one that is mounted/wired better than that. does the camera record? im guessing its a dashcam to record whats going on as youre driving...thats what i am wanting

nice rig! youre going to love the tundra!

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Reactions: grubworm

Flatlander101

Rank I

Contributor I

Michigan, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Newell
Member #

Ok. Is time to post ...What did you do with your Rig Today? ( Credit of this thread goes to Mud forum...you know where ) It could be... washed it, went wheeling, maintenance, fix, add accessories, Mods, etc.
Just post it here. you can post as many times as you want. I know title says today, post it even if it was last week, last month, last year... just do it!

Today...80 selfie :-0

Not today...breakfast ...Fishing trip/camping. love cooking on the outdoors.

Frisly
What did I do?
Framed out the roof of my wedge camper

Attachments

Reactions: roots66

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Took it out for a 60 mile drive today to shake out more bugs and check out some rental properties. Ran great, never got even a little warm. Cruises great at 45. Floorboards get a little warm. The transmission breather is apparently missing the cap so it blew enough oil out to seep out from under the transmission inspection plate, routed a vinyl tubing line from there up into the engine bay and will be routing the other breathers there before I go to Arkansas later this month.

Last few sessions of working on have seen these items done.
REPLACED ACCELERATOR PUMP ON SOLEX CARB
  1. BACK FLUSHED RADIATOR
  2. INSTALLED USMC "RAMS HORN" TOW HOOKS
  3. INSTALLED TOW BALL PLATE SO I CAN TOW THE M416, NOT FOR RMR BUT JUST AROUND HERE
  4. INSTALLED 6 PORT AUX FUSE BLOCK FOR EXTRA ACCESSORIES
  5. INSTALLED GMRS RADIO AND ANTENNA
  6. INSTALLED 700 WATT INVERTER
  7. INSTALLED 12V OUTLET
  8. INSTALLED 3 PORT USB (USB-A x2 USB-C x1) OUTLET
  9. CLEANED UP AND PAINTED SPARE WHEEL
  10. MOUNTED SPARE TIRE ON WHEEL
  11. INSTALLED SPARE TIRE MOUNT ON TUB
  12. INSTALLED WINDSHIELD
  13. INSTALLED TOP BOWS
  14. INSTALLED "SUMMER" TOP
  15. FOUND A DEAD ALTERNATOR INSTALLED A NEW ONE.
CJ2.jpg

JCross

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Decatur, AL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Cross
Member #

Took it out for a 60 mile drive today to shake out more bugs and check out some rental properties. Ran great, never got even a little warm. Cruises great at 45. Floorboards get a little warm. The transmission breather is apparently missing the cap so it blew enough oil out to seep out from under the transmission inspection plate, routed a vinyl tubing line from there up into the engine bay and will be routing the other breathers there before I go to Arkansas later this month.

Last few sessions of working on have seen these items done.
REPLACED ACCELERATOR PUMP ON SOLEX CARB
  1. BACK FLUSHED RADIATOR
  2. INSTALLED USMC "RAMS HORN" TOW HOOKS
  3. INSTALLED TOW BALL PLATE SO I CAN TOW THE M416, NOT FOR RMR BUT JUST AROUND HERE
  4. INSTALLED 6 PORT AUX FUSE BLOCK FOR EXTRA ACCESSORIES
  5. INSTALLED GMRS RADIO AND ANTENNA
  6. INSTALLED 700 WATT INVERTER
  7. INSTALLED 12V OUTLET
  8. INSTALLED 3 PORT USB (USB-A x2 USB-C x1) OUTLET
  9. CLEANED UP AND PAINTED SPARE WHEEL
  10. MOUNTED SPARE TIRE ON WHEEL
  11. INSTALLED SPARE TIRE MOUNT ON TUB
  12. INSTALLED WINDSHIELD
  13. INSTALLED TOP BOWS
  14. INSTALLED "SUMMER" TOP
  15. FOUND A DEAD ALTERNATOR INSTALLED A NEW ONE.
View attachment 283826
That is awesome, would love to have one.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
They aren't getting any cheaper. I got this one in running condition but with a blown head gasket for 2000. Here's what it looked like when I towed it home.

241955345_10226919539080610_3266464540954366393_n.jpg241985187_10226919538680600_2550855181614691396_n.jpg

Last edited:

TexasLandman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Harrell
Member #

They aren't getting any cheaper. I got this one running for 2000. Here's what it looked like when I towed it home.

View attachment 283829View attachment 283830
That’s awesome! I lucked out 4 years ago and picked up a VEC 1946 cj2a for a trade on a junker AR and a Glock. The only caveat was that it was minus an engine and completely disassembled. It’s all there and I have since sourced a flathead L134. Me and my 9 year old will have at it soon.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
They're a joy to work on for sure. Nice and easy. My suggestion to make life easier and cut back on gremlins. Invest in a new wiring harness. Don't spend money on REpro gauges except maybe a speedo, the other gauges will still look nice if you go with the basic low cost bosch gauges and will actually work longer than a month lol.