Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
After having Timken hub assemblies put on the suburban, the ABS light went off on a trip up to San Jacinto. Turns out the Tires rubbed the ABS sensor wires...While Timken bearings and hubs are the OEM the sensors it turns out are not...and so OF COURSE they are just different enough.
Taking the truck in today to have GM sensors put on both and adding extra sleeve protection to the wires for peace of mind.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
After having Timken hub assemblies put on the suburban, the ABS light went off on a trip up to San Jacinto. Turns out the Tires rubbed the ABS sensor wires...While Timken bearings and hubs are the OEM the sensors it turns out are not...and so OF COURSE they are just different enough.
Taking the truck in today to have GM sensors put on both and adding extra sleeve protection to the wires for peace of mind.
What year is your burb? The sensors are dirt simple to change on thecopcar.

Reactions: DaleRF

3rdgentoy

Rank II

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Esposito
Member #

Not today but yesterday I made a “custom diy” version of the lemmeout mod for my runner. It seemed like a simple concept and I couldn’t justify paying $80-$100 for something I could make myself for $15 at Home Depot
Got a DIY on what you did?
Yeah sorry for late reply. I used a key ring, abrasion resistant string, nylon tubing and a carabiner strap all from Home Depot. I unbolted the hatch latch from the trunk and put the key ring around the latch, ran the nylon tubing around the string for extra perfection, tied the string to the key ring and just ran the string following the already existing wires for the latch (loosely zip tied it to the wires to keep it at that angle) i popped out one of the plastic screws hole things from the black metal part underneath the interior plastic for the hatch ran the string through there and just drilled a hole in the plastic interior part so I can tie it to the strap and access it from inside. Let me know if any of this is confusing or you need pictures haha sorry

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Not today but yesterday I made a “custom diy” version of the lemmeout mod for my runner. It seemed like a simple concept and I couldn’t justify paying $80-$100 for something I could make myself for $15 at Home Depot
Got a DIY on what you did?
Yeah sorry for late reply. I used a key ring, abrasion resistant string, nylon tubing and a carabiner strap all from Home Depot. I unbolted the hatch latch from the trunk and put the key ring around the latch, ran the nylon tubing around the string for extra perfection, tied the string to the key ring and just ran the string following the already existing wires for the latch (loosely zip tied it to the wires to keep it at that angle) i popped out one of the plastic screws hole things from the black metal part underneath the interior plastic for the hatch ran the string through there and just drilled a hole in the plastic interior part so I can tie it to the strap and access it from inside. Let me know if any of this is confusing or you need pictures haha sorry
The only thing you forgot was to put some kind of amusing message on the strap :D

Reactions: 3rdgentoy

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
1999 Im sure its simple but they are gonna change them for free and i have a good relationship with Reynold’s Buick GMC. Otherwise i would be doing it.

Reactions: Sparksalot

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
1999 Im sure its simple but they are gonna change them for free and i have a good relationship with Reynold’s Buick GMC. Otherwise i would be doing it.
Well here’s the original equipment sensors. The originals lasted 260,xxx miles so I imagine I should be good to go.

Attachments

05EXCURSION

Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

Finally took the time to do an alignment on my excursion and fix the centering pin on the rear axle I knew it was out but but not that far out. Next project is to ajust the caster will cut the welds on the outer axle tubs and set them to the proper angle

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Kinda related to my Jeeps as it's where I keep them.

With the CJ2 project coming to an end, it was time for a big purge and reorganizing of the shop. I still need to go through the shelves, but that's a whole job in and of itself. I also ran out of garbage can space, ha.

I also tore down the Carter WO carb the previous owner sent with me in a box of parts for a rebuild. They put a Solex on it, which is actually fuelling the Jeep VERY well. I'm not sure if I want to rebuild this and put it on the shelf as a spare, put it back on the Jeep in place of the Solex or start an exchange/overhaul program of sorts for the old Jeep community.

carter.jpg

garage wideangle.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

With the CJ2 project coming to an end, it was time for a big purge and reorganizing of the shop. I still need to go through the shelves, but that's a whole job in and of itself. I also ran out of garbage can space, ha.

I also tore down the Carter WO carb the previous owner sent with me in a box of parts for a rebuild. They put a Solex on it, which is actually fuelling the Jeep VERY well. I'm not sure if I want to rebuild this and put it on the shelf as a spare, put it back on the Jeep in place of the Solex or start an exchange/overhaul program of sorts for the old Jeep community.

View attachment 238596

View attachment 238597
Great lookin' Shop!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

View attachment 238596

View attachment 238597
That´s a great workshop!

Reactions: Downs