Enthusiast III

Independence, MO, USA
First Name
Lief
Last Name
Humphreys
Service Branch
US Navy
It may sound silly in our world of gearheads out here but and no offense to anybody but I cleaned deep cleaned and reorganized my rig because my rig is so small I really do have to keep it simple I donated a whole bunch of stuff
I don't think it sounds silly! I get tired of getting dirty all the time working on my Jeep. Good job.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The project rewiring of the 12 volt auxiliary electrics finally completed. Some time ago I had already installed a box for it in the side of the seat box. Now the rewiring was done. It is important to me that such a thing is done by someone who has learned and deals with it every day - only then it will be safe and good. I was able to win someone for the project who knows electrical engineering very well, has built numerous rally cars and made entire wiring harnesses for vehicles. And I think it turned out really well.

All fuses are now easily accessible from the outside (on the Defender the battery is located under the seat), the distribution is done via two bus bars inside the box, the compressor is wired separately with thick cable, so that there is also proper power. The last step was the label with the documentation of the wiring and the fuses, which I have glued on the flap. Now I'm looking for a good way to store spare fuses for the pre-fuse and the compressor fuse in the box (the smaller spare fuses are stored in the fuse box on the left).

A few photos...

Seatbox_2.jpg

Fuses.jpg

Seatbox_12V.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The project rewiring of the 12 volt auxiliary electrics finally completed. Some time ago I had already installed a box for it in the side of the seat box. Now the rewiring was done. It is important to me that such a thing is done by someone who has learned and deals with it every day - only then it will be safe and good. I was able to win someone for the project who knows electrical engineering very well, has built numerous rally cars and made entire wiring harnesses for vehicles. And I think it turned out really well.

All fuses are now easily accessible from the outside (on the Defender the battery is located under the seat), the distribution is done via two bus bars inside the box, the compressor is wired separately with thick cable, so that there is also proper power. The last step was the label with the documentation of the wiring and the fuses, which I have glued on the flap. Now I'm looking for a good way to store spare fuses for the pre-fuse and the compressor fuse in the box (the smaller spare fuses are stored in the fuse box on the left).

A few photos...

View attachment 238115

View attachment 238117

View attachment 238118
That looks very tidy!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

A few photos...

View attachment 238115

View attachment 238117

View attachment 238118
WoW! That looks FANTASTIC. Looks totally factory, especially with the Data Plate!
Very Nice!

Reactions: El-Dracho

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Looks good. Where in Missouri are you? I'm in the Kansas City area myself. I'm looking for others in my area to plan a trip.
I'm a full time traveler now and we're based out of Wildwood, Missouri. Would love to do some Mark Twain Forest trails. Probably around October or Maybe November.
I'm a Army Brat too so I'd fit in even as a squid. LMAO
Zim

Reactions: Shahn

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Actually washed the D'max/FWC yesterday... doesn't happen much. Need to start diagnosing an intermittent issue with my ARB dual compressor. Sometimes it just won't turn on, on the S-Pod I see the amperage spike pretty high, then fall off to 0 and the S-Pod turns the circuit off. Sometimes it just turns on and works. Super annoying.

-TJ

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Receiver hitch bolted to the draw bar. There is no official CJ2 towing capacity, but the military MB and M38 were rated for 1500 lbs cross-country and 2000 lbs on the road. And the civie CJ2s were rated for a 1200 lbs draw bar pull for agri work.

The most this will ever have to pull is a small flatbed or the M416, so well within that capacity. I also got the front lap belts put in. Still waiting on the upholstery shop to finish the rear bench seat before I put the rear belts in. Each of the bolts holding the hitch on to the draw bar are 3/4 inch grade 8 which have a proof load of 40,000 lbs and a shear strength of 50,000 lbs. To put that into perspective, that's about 18 CJ2s per bolt. I'm pretty sure the Jeep will break in half before the bolts fail. I figure 2 bolts/nuts are easy to take off when I want to use this in areas where departure angle might be an issue.

20220816_184319.jpg

20220816_184326.jpg