Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

I had let this one go about 18 months. I usually try and do it once a year but I had gotten busy. The gas seems to have worked well even with the age. I use 2oz of Sta-bil for every can to keep it fresher longer. You can get a bottle of it for $12 and it will treat 80 gallons.
Yeah I use that stuff in the lawn mower during winter but I've never tried to store fuel in containers before. Might have to start going this route myself.

Reactions: Shamu

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
On the Jeep

Put a new spherical bearing and spring in the front drive shaft.

Put a new PL259 connector on my radio's coax

Installed caster adjustment shims on the lower control arms in an attempt to track down my front driveline vibes

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Fabricated and installed a bracket for the head unit on one of my ham radios. The prior owner removed the overhead console to mount the lights and sirens controllers. They did thoughtfully leave the mounting bracket so I had a hard point to rivet to. B1924957-1EDE-4B3A-8AA3-C3721AE748E1.jpeg30C2AB2E-1DE9-4A7C-B9FE-B8716B77DF19.jpeg98C81C95-43C4-41BD-9F98-2DF09EBFEA5A.jpeg83118B50-29E7-43DA-A309-C6DA46B7D710.jpegECD54D34-8B6E-4A7F-8E69-9A26D859D86B.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: Sparksalot

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Today, I mounted a Andersen Power Connection to the top of the winch bumper, next to one of the grill-guard up-rights.. The cables from this connector is attached to the battery. It is part of a 20' jumper cable with Andersen quick connections.
IMG_3487.jpg

The cable(with blue connector) is the power supply to the winch. I don't like to have the winch connected directly to the battery. You never know what can happen.
Yes, I could have installed a master cut-off switch, but I have limited space under the hood. Besides, I already had the quick connect Andersen jumper cables set.
IMG_3491.jpg

If the winch is ever needed, I'll open the hood and pull the cable out from it's storage location, behind the grill and plug it into the Andersen connector.
IMG_3493.jpg

Below is a pic of the winch power supply cable pulled from it storage location.
IMG_3500.jpg

Winch cable in storage location, next to the hood latch.
IMG_3498.jpg

Winch operating control cable connector mount behind grill.
IMG_3494.jpg

Winch operating control cable attached to connector.
IMG_3496.jpg

Below is the 20' jumper cable set with Andersen quick connector.
IMG_3502.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Today, I mounted a Andersen Power Connection to the top of the winch bumper, next to one of the grill-guard up-rights.. The cables from this connector is attached to the battery. It is part of a 20' jumper cable with Andersen quick connections.
View attachment 128572

The cable(with blue connector) is the power supply to the winch. I don't like to have the winch connected directly to the battery. You never know what can happen.
Yes, I could have installed a master cut-off switch, but I have limited space under the hood. Besides, I already had the quick connect Andersen jumper cables set.
View attachment 128576

If the winch is ever needed, I'll open the hood and pull the cable out from it's storage location, behind the grill and plug it into the Andersen connector.
View attachment 128577

View attachment 128579

View attachment 128580

View attachment 128581

View attachment 128583

View attachment 128584
Someday I'll get another winch with a rear hitch cradle and make a connector like that. Nice work.

Reactions: eagle_A40

FUNHOGN (aka Maurice)

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott Valley, Arizona
First Name
Maurice
Last Name
Guinouard
Member #

Today the project of converting heavy steel steps to true rock sliders welded to the frame was completed. My truck was not built for rock crawling but there's always the possibility of that "oh crap" moment coming down off a ledge or something. This will definitely save the rocker panels.download_20191122_172647~01.jpgdownload_20191122_172647~01.jpg

9nick4

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

View attachment 128572

View attachment 128576

View attachment 128577

View attachment 128579

View attachment 128580

View attachment 128581

View attachment 128583

View attachment 128584
Did you buy the jumper cables with ends on them already, or modify a set. I've been meaning to add connections out my grill for jump points just havent taken the time. Looks good, clean install!

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Today the project of converting heavy steel steps to true rock sliders welded to the frame was completed. My truck was not built for rock crawling but there's always the possibility of that "oh crap" moment coming down off a ledge or something. This will definitely save the rocker panels.View attachment 128591View attachment 128591
Excellent call. The first thing I installed on my Tacoma was a set of RCI rock sliders in preparation for an upcoming Moab trip (Jeep was down due to shoddy work by a local shop, eventually repaired by myself but not in time for the trip). We didn’t do any red trails but returning on the Colorado River overlook trail in Needles, the right rear tire slipped off a rock and the kick out portion of the slider stopped the side of the truck from slamming into a vertical rock wall. Boom, $$$ spent justified!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Today the project of converting heavy steel steps to true rock sliders welded to the frame was completed. My truck was not built for rock crawling but there's always the possibility of that "oh crap" moment coming down off a ledge or something. This will definitely save the rocker panels.View attachment 128591View attachment 128591
You need not make excuses for adding protection to your vehicle. Rocks are not the only way to damage the rockers. I like the insurance myself. Cheaper than a body shop by far.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Did you buy the jumper cables with ends on them already, or modify a set. I've been meaning to add connections out my grill for jump points just havent taken the time. Looks good, clean install!
I used to install these on Service Trucks. I've been having a couple set from before I retired. They were bought from NAPA. They're not cheap. If I were to purchase more, I'd shop Amazon. They sell these in many lengths.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Today the project of converting heavy steel steps to true rock sliders welded to the frame was completed. My truck was not built for rock crawling but there's always the possibility of that "oh crap" moment coming down off a ledge or something. This will definitely save the rocker panels.View attachment 128591
That there is some fine sliders. animated-smileys-hands-fingers-02.gif

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Because Accutune didn't offer to swap out my springs for lower rate coils and because I'm refuse to spend $200 on a new set.......

Here's about 100lbs+ worth of steel plates bolted to the "inside" of my front skid to weigh the front down. I ran out of nylon lock nuts so used wall anchors temporarily. Livin' ghetto fabulous over herrr........

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Because Accutune didn't offer to swap out my springs for lower rate coils and because I'm refuse to spend $200 on a new set.......

Here's about 100lbs+ worth of steel plates bolted to the "inside" of my front skid to weigh the front down. I ran out of nylon lock nuts so used wall anchors temporarily. Livin' ghetto fabulous over herrr........
Why was this necessary, too high, too stiff ??
There should be a better solution than adding that much weight. Have you thought about cutting a coil or heating the coil ? What kind of springs do you have, leaf or coil ?

Reactions: JCWages