Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Why was this necessary, too high, too stiff ??
There should be a better solution than adding that much weight. Have you thought about cutting a coil or heating the coil ? What kind of springs do you have, leaf or coil ?
The truck sits too high and I can't lower it via the coilover. The spring rate is just too high until I get a full steel bumper. You can't cut or heat coils on a coilover setup like you could on old school setups where the springs and shocks are separate.

Taken during install before I removed the preload shown below

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The truck sits too high and I can't lower it via the coilover. The spring rate is just too high until I get a full steel bumper. You can't cut or heat coils on a coilover setup like you could on old school setups where the springs and shocks are separate.

Taken during install before I removed the preload shown below
I see, it would be very expensive to alter the tower heights so that's out too. $200 is beginning to sound pretty good for the solution huh ?

Reactions: JCWages

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
My youngest and I took the day and hit the trail for our first snow run of the year. Hit the Malakoff Diggins State park, Bowman Lake and Henness Pass. These are super easy trails but the snow gave it a little bit extra... We had a great day.N5XGmBT8Qb+m7g0hXgnbWQ.jpgmSTfeqacTuWl5ahs%wUA0Q.jpg5UILwfVBQeWzUq8m5pQ%ng.jpgJF%x8YuLTcmAMwYPXiaurw.jpgwNRqixlkRkepiEfW7G2UNA.jpg6Cq6KSDBQVK7L4m54zB%Aw.jpgK1qrsPzOQ92hLz+JHmkxTA.jpg5KZjy9xOTZG9qruW5l7kWQ.jpg3JsiBJMcQB+72KD+r%5IAw.jpgsJBKWoFkQxKWa30HEuIjVg.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

My youngest and I took the day and hit the trail for our first snow run of the year. Hit the Malakoff Diggins State park, Bowman Lake and Henness Pass. These are super easy trails but the snow gave it a little bit extra... We had a great day.View attachment 128717View attachment 128718View attachment 128719View attachment 128720View attachment 128721View attachment 128722View attachment 128723View attachment 128724View attachment 128725View attachment 128726
You beat me to the snow! :)

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I went out to check on the recent snow level just up the hill. On the way back down I came across a Subaru with bald tires that had slid off the road just enough she couldn't get out of the "ditch". This was on a curvy section of hwy and it was pretty slippery so I quickly broke oit the tow strap and a bow shackle and pulled her back onto the road before any other traffic could plow into us. A lifted Wrangler had stopped behind us far enough away to provide a sense of comfort. Just another reason I carry recovery equipment during stormy weather. :)

The storm is just getting started and already highways are being closed in preparation. There were a lot of accidents last night in the higher elevation areas.
IMG_20191127_083446_633.jpg

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I went out to check on the recent just up the hill. On the way back down I came across a Subaru with bald tires that had slid off the road just enough she couldn't get out of the "ditch". This was on a curvy section of hwy and it was pretty slippery so I quickly broke oit the tow strap and a bow shackle and pulled her back onto the road before any other traffic could plow into us. A lifted Wrangler had stopped behind us far enough away to provide a sense of comfort. Just another reason I carry recovery equipment during stormy weather. :)

The storm is just getting started and already highways are being closed in preparation. There werr a lot of accidents last night in the higher elevation areas.
View attachment 128773
You da man!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I went out to check on the recent snow level just up the hill. On the way back down I came across a Subaru with bald tires that had slid off the road just enough she couldn't get out of the "ditch". This was on a curvy section of hwy and it was pretty slippery so I quickly broke oit the tow strap and a bow shackle and pulled her back onto the road before any other traffic could plow into us. A lifted Wrangler had stopped behind us far enough away to provide a sense of comfort. Just another reason I carry recovery equipment during stormy weather. :)

The storm is just getting started and already highways are being closed in preparation. There werr a lot of accidents last night in the higher elevation areas.
View attachment 128773
Your just full of pulls these days my friend. :-)
What a beautiful area you live !

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Because Accutune didn't offer to swap out my springs for lower rate coils and because I'm refuse to spend $200 on a new set.......

Here's about 100lbs+ worth of steel plates bolted to the "inside" of my front skid to weigh the front down. I ran out of nylon lock nuts so used wall anchors temporarily. Livin' ghetto fabulous over herrr........
Thats one way of doing it! Good thinking my friend.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

On the way back down I came across a Subaru with bald tires that had slid off the road just enough she couldn't get out of the "ditch". This was on a curvy section of hwy and it was pretty slippery so I quickly broke out the tow strap and a bow shackle and pulled her back onto the road before any other traffic could plow into us.
I thank you for helping someone in need. Great job, Justin.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I might have driven my Jeep for one of the last few occasions today. We will trade it in for a small car that my wife wants, and then I'll wait for the diesel Gladiator to test drive ... Until then the F150 is my main ride.
Rolando, you're loosing a good ride, but when you get the diesel Gladiator, you'll be in high cotton. animated-smileys-dancing-002.gif